• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Online Ordering - Mini Rant....

In summary, my neighbor placed an online order without notifying me, and I'm wondering why this is a regular occurrence. I brought it up with the company last year at the conference, but I think others need to start doing this too.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So...I had an online order last night, and it was one of those where all the info is hidden, so you don't know who ordered it.

I just got my online ordering status email - and that gives me the names (just no contact info) - and the person who placed the online order was my next door neighbor! (Unusual name, so I know it's her) Seriously...I know that she wouldn't care if I knew she'd placed an order. She hosts parties for me, always comes to my parties, etc... This happens quite frequently - where past hosts, and guests, and friends place orders, but the info is hidden. I REALLY wish that that question was worded differently, or had a bit more detail to it, so that all of the info wasn't hidden from me. I get online orders almost every day, and probably 80% of them have no contact info.
Given the fact that even my friends are hiding their info, I wonder how many others really wouldn't mind ME having their info, but they don't realize I don't get to see the order info when they click that little button?

I wonder if you shouldn't bring this up with HO? Maybe they could look into wording it differently. It's in everyone's best interest.

pjpamchef said:
I wonder if you shouldn't bring this up with HO? Maybe they could look into wording it differently. It's in everyone's best interest.

I brought it up, and wrote it out as a request at the tech center last year at conference. Maybe others need to start doing that too! :)

I have a question for you. Have you ever talked with the ones who you do know, like your neighbor, to get an idea of why they don't call you to see if you have a party going that they could add to? Some months they could get a FREE product if their order was over $60, but that is not always the case when they enter an online order. Grant you, I am always thankful for any order, no matter how it gets submitted, but I think about what they are missing by not checking first.Congratulations on receiving online orders, almost every day. I'm thankful to receive a few, out of the blue, in any given month. I guess that is the benefit of recruiting and receiving home office orders.

I had someone at a show yesterday who had set up a wedding registry herself. She was annoyed that the consultant never contacted her. I asked and she said she didn't check the privacy box, but I still wonder. I think people who know us check it b/c they don't want PC contacting them, not thinking that it applies to us, too.

Grandmarita said:
I have a question for you. Have you ever talked with the ones who you do know, like your neighbor, to get an idea of why they don't call you to see if you have a party going that they could add to? Some months they could get a FREE product if their order was over $60, but that is not always the case when they enter an online order. Grant you, I am always thankful for any order, no matter how it gets submitted, but I think about what they are missing by not checking first.

Congratulations on receiving online orders, almost every day. I'm thankful to receive a few, out of the blue, in any given month. I guess that is the benefit of recruiting and receiving home office orders.

It's usually an Outlet order, or has outlet items on it - so it has to be an individual online order.

Becca_in_MD said:
I had someone at a show yesterday who had set up a wedding registry herself. She was annoyed that the consultant never contacted her. I asked and she said she didn't check the privacy box, but I still wonder. I think people who know us check it b/c they don't want PC contacting them, not thinking that it applies to us, too.

Exactly! I've had people actually tell me that.

Keep complaining to corporate girl! Eventually they will catch on.I'm still waiting for them to give me the option of removing the "ship to host" option for my online shows here in Japan. It's a pain to follow up with so many different guests to let them know that it violates military regulation & custom's regulations to do the "ship to host" option. :(

I also agree that the customer seems to think their information is going to HO instead of a local consultant. What I think is the funniest thing about that, is HO is the ones sending out their product, and HAS to get their contact info!

I was at a family occasion, out of state from me, on the last day of Feb. At one point, my aunt glanced out the window and saw my minivan and the PC logo. It reminded her that she wanted to get a stone ordered. I told her about the sale ending that day. Since I didn't have any other orders or shows open, I told her that if she wanted the sale price, to go ahead and order it on my website. (No matter what she was going to have to pay direct shipping cause I don't get out there often and she lives too far away, etc.) My cousin whips out her laptop and my aunt proceeds to go to my site and place her order. When she got to that permission message, she just left it unchecked (right? Isn't it unchecked, and they have to check it to say it's okay to receive news and messages about PC stuff?) I was shocked to see how the question was worded. It really made it seem like the main PC website was going to send out e-mails and spam or something. I don't think people realize that by not giving us that permission, we can't get any contact info and we won't be able to even acknowledge their order! What it should do is give us their name and contact info, but give them the opportunity to check mark yes or no if they are interested in receiving newsletters or e-mails about specials and recipes. That way, we can thank them for their order and do an out of the box call. We can also know by them checking that box, not to sign them up for our newsletters.

I just clicked through to that part on my PWS, and this is what it says:

To keep you up-to-date on the latest Pampered Chef® news and products, we'd like to provide your contact information to a Pampered Chef Consultant. If you would prefer not to be contacted, please check the box below:
[ ] Please do not contact me at this time.

Even though I went to my PWS. I think the "a Pampered Chef Consultant" might make someone think their information goes to some random person.

I still also think a lot of people are very conditioned to not share their information, so they don't think about it.

NooraK said:
I just clicked through to that part on my PWS, and this is what it says:

Even though I went to my PWS. I think the "a Pampered Chef Consultant" might make someone think their information goes to some random person.

I still also think a lot of people are very conditioned to not share their information, so they don't think about it.

That exact thing confused one of my customers a while back, so she called me and did the whole thing over the phone. She thought that I wouldn't get credit, though it said she was in my site at the time. The pws is confusing to people sometimes.

Here in Canada it's worded a little differently... I'm not sure how differently this is perceived:
We’d like to introduce you to your Pampered Chef Consultant. If you would prefer we don’t introduce you at this time, please check here …

Don't start me on "filling out a form at conference" or even "talking to them at conference." I have done this so many times my head spins. I personally told JOE--the head guy with the beard--at conference about a year ago about the problem with the reminders for our shows coming out under our name and not the hosts---he didn't believe me--I called him about 3 weeks later and sent him a SCREEN SHOT of the email with my name instead of the hosts--I know that many of us have the same concern---nothing. I just laugh at them sometimes. My husband figures out how to fix things with the site/P3 more often than they do.

Nanisu said:
Don't start me on "filling out a form at conference" or even "talking to them at conference." I have done this so many times my head spins. I personally told JOE--the head guy with the beard--at conference about a year ago about the problem with the reminders for our shows coming out under our name and not the hosts---he didn't believe me--I called him about 3 weeks later and sent him a SCREEN SHOT of the email with my name instead of the hosts--I know that many of us have the same concern---nothing. I just laugh at them sometimes. My husband figures out how to fix things with the site/P3 more often than they do.

this still happens, btw...

Okay. I'm going to send an e-mail. My cousin ordered something and kept her info from me. Seriously? The wording needs to change, for sure.

Just sent the e-mail.

Here's what I said: I'm requesting that the wording at checkout on personal websites be changed so customers on MY PERSONAL website will understand that I'm the only one who will know that they ordered from MY website. It should be clearly stated that The Pampered Chef won't be sending them e-mails and OTHER consultants won't be sending them e-mails. My own cousin didn't let me see her personal information. That says to me that the wording on the website is NOT clear. Please, change this. I know other consultants are frustrated with this and they have requested that it be changed. Yet, it hasn't been changed. Looking forward to seeing changes for good on the PWS's. Thanks.

(I didn't really take a ton of time to think about it, but it will do.)

Here's the response I received today from [email protected]: Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. We do appreciate and value any feedback we receive. I will send your suggestion to our developers for further consideration.

Jimmy Batila
Pampered Chef Technical Support
1-888-687-2433

I hope everyone who is concerned about this issue will also contact tech support.

Last edited:
I sent an email too.

I just sent tech support a note too! Hopefully if enough of us do they will do something. It would be nice to be able to thank whoever for their order and to let them know they can contact us with any of their PC needs, etc.

Grandmarita said:
I have a question for you. Have you ever talked with the ones who you do know, like your neighbor, to get an idea of why they don't call you to see if you have a party going that they could add to? Some months they could get a FREE product if their order was over $60, but that is not always the case when they enter an online order. Grant you, I am always thankful for any order, no matter how it gets submitted, but I think about what they are missing by not checking first.

Congratulations on receiving online orders, almost every day. I'm thankful to receive a few, out of the blue, in any given month. I guess that is the benefit of recruiting and receiving home office orders.

I totally agree with you Rita. Some customers call and ask and others just order when they need something.

1. How do I place an order online?

To place an order online, simply visit our website and click on the "Shop" tab. From there, you can browse our products and add them to your cart. Once you're ready to check out, follow the prompts to enter your payment and shipping information.

2. Can I use a coupon code for my online order?

Yes, you can use a coupon code for online orders. During the checkout process, you will have the option to enter any valid coupon codes before completing your purchase.

3. How long does shipping take for online orders?

Shipping times vary depending on your location and the availability of the products you've ordered. Generally, most orders are processed and shipped within 1-2 business days and will arrive within 3-5 business days.

4. Is there a minimum order requirement for online orders?

No, there is no minimum order requirement for online orders. However, keep in mind that orders over a certain amount may qualify for free shipping or other promotions.

5. Can I track my online order?

Yes, once your order has been processed and shipped, you will receive an email with tracking information. You can also log into your account on our website to view the status of your order and track its delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedtracy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kate0831
  • chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Bec5287
  • babywings76