• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pizza Dip Vs. Touchdown Taco Dip

In summary, the conversation revolves around two popular dips - Touchdown Taco Dip and Pizza Dip. Both are highly recommended by the participants and have different variations. Suggestions are given to add more toppings and ingredients such as garlic, pepperoni, and hamburger. It is also mentioned that the dips can be doubled and cooked in larger dishes, such as a deep dish baker. The preference between the two dips is based on personal taste and the type of party or crowd. Tips and tricks for making the dips are shared, including using freshly grated parmesan and serving with crispy bread or chips. Overall, both dips are a hit and the decision is left to the individual's preference.
Cape_PC
I am making a dip for a New Years Eve party and I was wondering if you could give me some ideas on which one of these is better. Unless you can think of a better appetizer :), please let me know! Thanks a bunch!

Touchdown Taco Dip all the way!

The td taco dip is awesome. I always double it and it disappears fast! I am sure there are other great appetizers too, drawing a blank right now, probably because it's morning! You will certainly get some ideas here.
Deb

TD dip is always great - but I like to add "stuff" to the pizza dip (i.e., pepperoni, canadian bacon, mushrooms, etc.) to make it even yummier!!

It's really a matter of preference because they are so different...you know your friends... what would they prefer? I agree with adding more to the pizza dip! I always add more garlic (does it call for garlic? I can't remember!... if it doesn't I add it!)
My personal opinion is the TDTD... because it goes farther (makes more) and it appeals to just about everyone!
Good luck! let us know what you decide!

I've doubled the pizza dip before and cooked it in the rectangular baker. Grab a couple loaves of bread and it was all good. Fed a ton. The only down side is if you want to toast the bread, then that's just an extra step (and sometimes the crusty bread hurts the roof of my mouth! lol) I've always wanted to try making the braided bread loaf ring/thing that Janet's shared. Sounds fantastic, warm bread, warm dip. Aahh. ;)
Oh, side note on the dip...the first time I had it my host used freshly grated parmesan that was in a jar (not the powdered "grated" parmesan) and I loved it, the second time I made it with the powdered in a can "grated" kind. I think the fresh one was much better.I haven't made the TDTD yet, but I love doing taco dips with chips. Most people love them. So think what are you or your crowd are more in the mood for...mexican or italian?! ;)

Tough question - both are very good - but different.

Last year I made one of each - both are always a hit.

This year I am skipping the Pizza Dip and keeping the Touchdown Taco Dip since my main dishes are Italian Based.

Oh, if you do decide on the Hot Pizza Dip, Ann has a recipe on here about using Frozen Bread loaves and making a "wreath" around the mini baker with the bread and it all bakes at once. Everyone thought it was so cool last year! I am sure you can search and find the recipe.

I am making the Pizza Dip...I LOVE IT! I have never had the TDTD, but I am extremely picky..

pizza dip with tostitos scoops
I add the shredded parmesan from the bag & garlic to the cream cheese plus pepperoni

zmom58 said:
The td taco dip is awesome. I always double it and it disappears fast! I am sure there are other great appetizers too, drawing a blank right now, probably because it's morning! You will certainly get some ideas here.
Deb

If I double it can I put it in the deep dish baker still?

I love the taco dip and sometimes I add a layers of hamburger( which I add taco seasoning to). IT is soooo good.

Cape_PC said:
If I double it can I put it in the deep dish baker still?

I would say yes.... considering the pizza dip can go in the mini baker... so it should be just fine...the ddb holds 8 cups!:)

Pizza dip get my vote :)

What are the main differences between Pizza Dip and Touchdown Taco Dip?

Pizza Dip is made with layers of cream cheese, marinara sauce, and shredded cheese, while Touchdown Taco Dip is made with layers of refried beans, taco meat, and shredded cheese. Additionally, Pizza Dip is typically served warm, while Touchdown Taco Dip can be served hot or cold.

Which dip is easier to prepare?

Both Pizza Dip and Touchdown Taco Dip are relatively easy to prepare. Pizza Dip may require a bit more prep time due to the layering process, while Touchdown Taco Dip can be quickly assembled by mixing the ingredients together.

Which dip is more popular among customers?

This can vary depending on personal preference, but generally, both Pizza Dip and Touchdown Taco Dip are popular choices among customers. Pizza Dip may be a more traditional and familiar option, while Touchdown Taco Dip offers a fun twist on classic taco flavors.

Can these dips be made ahead of time?

Both Pizza Dip and Touchdown Taco Dip can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. However, Pizza Dip may be best served warm and may need to be reheated before serving.

What are some recommended serving suggestions for these dips?

Pizza Dip can be served with breadsticks, tortilla chips, or vegetables for dipping. Touchdown Taco Dip can be served with tortilla chips, crackers, or as a topping for nachos. Both dips can also be used as a spread on sandwiches or wraps.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • jbarnhill
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • Jholmes0904