• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make Touchdown Taco Dip in the Microwave Instead of the Oven?

I always double the recipe (which actually is the original recipe) and I always use refried beans and not bean dip...and many times have doubled it again and baked it in the 9X13 baker. I made 2 9X13 bakers for a youth party at church, there was none left.
Aun
Gold Member
I'm thinking about doing a PC office party, but of course, we only have a microwave where I work. One of my all time favorite recipes is the Touchdown Taco Dip, so I'd love to do that, but I feel like that is better served hot (or at least warm). Has anyone ever tried to cook it in the microwave instead of the oven? If so, how did you do it and what were the results?

THANKS!

I haven't tried it, but I would imagine that it would work as long as you have a turn table.

Yes, you can heat it in the microwave. Not sure on the time, though. I would use 60 or 70% power so it doesn't get too hot and burn in spots.

HTH

KellyTheChef said:
Yes, you can heat it in the microwave. Not sure on the time, though. I would use 60 or 70% power so it doesn't get too hot and burn in spots.

HTH
I make it in the microwave almost every time now. About 5 minutes in the minibaker - depends on the microwave.

what about doubled?
BethCooks4U said:
I make it in the microwave almost every time now. About 5 minutes in the minibaker - depends on the microwave.

Great! That's good to know. I usually double the recipe and do it in the deep dish baker, any idea on how long to cook in that? Did you just use full power?

When doubling, I still do five minutes, full power.

Diane

One of the ladies in my cluster has been making that dip all summer at shows in the microwave. She said she thinks she will always do it that way, it turns out great!

Aun said:
Great! That's good to know. I usually double the recipe and do it in the deep dish baker, any idea on how long to cook in that? Did you just use full power?
I should have specified: I ALWAYS double the recipe. Actually the original recipe was for the unglazed deep dish baker and it WAS doubled the recipe they are giving us now. Use 1 can refried beans instead of bean dip.

Can the Hot Pizza Dip also be cooked in the microwave? I don't want to heat up my house for my show tomorrow. If so, how long? TIA!

We had a Taco dip that is cold at our last training meeting. I made my variation for a Sneak Preview on Sunday. It was out of this world!!!
One pint sour cream mixed with one package Taco dry seasoning for bottom layer. Approximately half of jar of Salsa; 3rd layer of chopped iceburg lettuce,
and final layer of grated cheddar cheese. Serve with thick corn chip scoops,
or Triscuits. It needs a sturdy dipper. We used the Mandolin to slice zucchini and used the "V" blade for nice alternate to grain products. Enjoy!

The touchdown taco dip should be hot through and through when the cheese is melted. This is my child's favorite PC recipe. He requests it for all parties. I always double the recipe (which actually is the original recipe) and I always use refried beans and not bean dip...and many times have doubled it again and baked it in the 9X13 baker. I made 2 9X13 bakers for a youth party at church, there was none left. This is a great recipe for kids.

When baking in the deep dish baker, I always use the microwave. It is ready when the cheese is melted.

5 Frequently Asked Questions about "Touchdown Taco Dip in Micro"

1. Can I make the Touchdown Taco Dip in the microwave?

Yes, you can make the Touchdown Taco Dip in the microwave using our Micro-Cooker. It is specifically designed for microwave cooking and will evenly heat and cook the dip.

2. How long does it take to make this dip in the microwave?

The cooking time can vary depending on your microwave's power and the amount of dip you are making. However, on average, it takes about 5-7 minutes to cook the dip in the microwave.

3. Do I need any special tools to make this dip in the microwave?

Yes, we recommend using our Micro-Cooker for best results. It has a lid that helps trap heat and moisture, ensuring even cooking. It also has a handle for easy lifting and pouring.

4. Can I use any type of cheese for this dip?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese for this dip. However, we recommend using a blend of Mexican cheeses for a more authentic flavor.

5. Can I add extra toppings to the dip before cooking it in the microwave?

Yes, you can add extra toppings such as diced tomatoes, green onions, or olives before cooking the dip in the microwave. Just make sure to evenly distribute the toppings so they cook evenly with the dip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • Kristen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jholmes0904