• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Buffalo Wings...any Suggestions

In summary, the conversation discusses using the Deep Covered Baker to cook wings and drumsticks in wing sauce in the microwave. The idea is to promote the DCB and share recipes for a football-themed party. Suggestions for cooking times and using different sauces are also mentioned.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
Ok so I just had a thought and I was wondering if anyone had done something like this...I was thinking about putting some wings and drumsticks in some wing sauce and then cooking it in the microwave in the Deep Covered Baker. Has anyone tried this if so do you have any suggestions?? I was thinking that it might be a great way to sell the DCB and then make Touchdown Taco Dip (which I LOVE). To show people some great recipes for a Winner Football Party.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you,
Heidi Kreitzer

Instead of sauce we use the dry packet from Tones
It doesn't say Tones on the front, but it is dry Buffalo Wings hot seasoning mix with a roasting bag inside
Incredible!!

chefheidi2003 said:
Ok so I just had a thought and I was wondering if anyone had done something like this...I was thinking about putting some wings and drumsticks in some wing sauce and then cooking it in the microwave in the Deep Covered Baker. Has anyone tried this if so do you have any suggestions?? I was thinking that it might be a great way to sell the DCB and then make Touchdown Taco Dip (which I LOVE). To show people some great recipes for a Winner Football Party.

I use buffolo wing sauce an a quartered/eigthed chicken with frozen vegetables in the DCB in the microwave so doing wings should work well. I'm thinking that if it is just wings you may be able to cook it for only 20 minutes instead of 30 but I'd check a number of pieces with a meat thermometer the 1st time.

I overcooked mine the first time I tried it and have not done them again.

jrstephens said:
I overcooked mine the first time I tried it and have not done them again.

Do you remember how long you cooked them for?

There are so many uses for the DCB.... I think I need to get me one.

tlennhoff said:
Do you remember how long you cooked them for?

I THINK about 13 minutes. I checked them at about 8 and they were not ready, so, I cooked them 5 more minutes and they were dried out as could be.

Related to Buffalo Wings...any Suggestions

1. What is the best way to make buffalo wings at home?

The best way to make buffalo wings at home is to first bake or fry them until they are crispy. Then, toss them in a mixture of melted butter and hot sauce to get that classic buffalo wing flavor. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks for the perfect accompaniment.

2. How do I get a crispy skin on my buffalo wings?

To get a crispy skin on your buffalo wings, make sure to pat them dry before cooking. This will remove excess moisture and help the skin crisp up. You can also try baking them at a higher temperature, or broiling them for a few minutes at the end of cooking to achieve a crispy skin.

3. Can I make buffalo wings in an air fryer?

Yes, you can make buffalo wings in an air fryer! Simply coat the wings in a little bit of oil, season with salt and pepper, and cook in the air fryer for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, toss in the hot sauce and butter mixture for delicious and crispy buffalo wings.

4. What are some alternative sauces for buffalo wings?

If you're looking for a twist on traditional buffalo wings, try tossing them in a BBQ sauce, honey mustard, or garlic parmesan sauce. You can also experiment with different levels of heat by using different types of hot sauce, such as sriracha or chipotle.

5. How do I make buffalo wings without a deep fryer?

If you don't have a deep fryer, you can still make delicious buffalo wings at home! Simply bake them in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes, or until they are crispy. Then, toss in the hot sauce and butter mixture for a tasty and healthier alternative to deep-fried wings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• A Pampered Kitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • jchesley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • ChefPaulaB