• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Name for Touchdown Taco Dip

In summary, the JoLynnSlam Dunk Taco Dip will be called "Touchdown" Taco Dip because the dip is related to football and will be made with chips. The Teresa idea of calling it "Slam Dunk" Taco Dip was also good, but He Shoots He Scores Taco Dip was better because it was more creative.
jbarnhill
Silver Member
I have a show tomorrow and we are making the touchdown taco dip however since it is basketball season and we are in Lawrence, KS and will be preparing to watch the Jayhawks I would like to call it something other than "touchdown" taco dip and maybe something more related to basketball. Got any ideas?

JoLynn

Slam Dunk Taco Dip

I am so uncreative today - all I could think of was to just call it Taco Dip!!!!Otherwise, He Shoots He Scores Taco Dip is too long!

Ah, that's good Teresa!

I know a good bit about baseball, very little about football, and double less on basketball, but I hear them always saying that's a 'Slam Dunk'

They can 'Slam Dunk' the Taco Dip with chips

:chef:

I love Teresa's idea - That gets my vote -- now if it was soccer or lacrosse or cheer maybe I could be that creative!!

I don't want to Hijacked this thread but

Why don't you go ahead and put your idea's on here - it just might help someone later or even now with all the other sports going on now.

:chef:

Thanks for your ideas! I will probably go with the Slam Dunk taco dip as I am thinking there may be no beating that. :p

JoLynn

I like that idea too; & I must say ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK....GO KU!:thumbup:

and another....................

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK--GO KU!

On a side note, I didn't know that the Taco Dip was an older recipe. I remember seeing it in a Seasons Best in 2005. However, the other day, I was flipping through my "More Stoneware Sensations" cookbook (circa 1999) and it's in there too! Wow!

GREAT dip - my dh loves it! I could make it in the small oval baker and he'd eat it ALL! :)

ChefLauraW said:
On a side note, I didn't know that the Taco Dip was an older recipe. I remember seeing it in a Seasons Best in 2005. However, the other day, I was flipping through my "More Stoneware Sensations" cookbook (circa 1999) and it's in there too! Wow!

GREAT dip - my dh loves it! I could make it in the small oval baker and he'd eat it ALL! :)
It was originally a recipe for the old unglazed DDB which was smaller than the current glazed ones. The ingredients were doubled from the current recipe and it used a can of refried beans instead of the bean dip. - I make it (the doubled way) in the minibaker now.

I use a whole packet of the taco seasoning instead of just part of it as the recipe calls for - YUM!

BethCooks4U said:
It was originally a recipe for the old unglazed DDB which was smaller than the current glazed ones. The ingredients were doubled from the current recipe and it used a can of refried beans instead of the bean dip. - I make it (the doubled way) in the minibaker now.

I use a whole packet of the taco seasoning instead of just part of it as the recipe calls for - YUM!

Yeah, I ONLY make it the old way...and I think it was in the Pampered Chef Favorites II book if I remember right and that is about 1994 or 1996.

I know I'm late on this, but as soon as I read it "free-throw fiesta dip" came into my mind... whatever you call it, it sure is addicting!

1. What is the new name for Touchdown Taco Dip?

The new name for Touchdown Taco Dip is "Game Day Fiesta Dip".

2. Why did Pampered Chef change the name of Touchdown Taco Dip?

Pampered Chef wanted to create a more inclusive and versatile name that would be suitable for any occasion, not just football games.

3. Does the recipe for Game Day Fiesta Dip differ from Touchdown Taco Dip?

No, the recipe remains the same. Only the name has been changed.

4. Can I still use this dip for game day parties?

Absolutely! Game Day Fiesta Dip is perfect for any game day party or tailgate.

5. Will there be any other changes to the ingredients or instructions for Game Day Fiesta Dip?

No, everything else remains the same. Only the name has been updated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • pelamm
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pelamm
  • kam