• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Substitute for Mini Baker when Making Hot Pizza & Broccoli Dip?

The dips make quite a bit, and I would be concerned that the SA med. plate wouldn't be big enough. The med. bowl would - but yes, they do get hot. If nothing else, I would think the BB would be your best bet (as suggested already).They do get really hot!
PCSarahjm
Ok I making hot pizza dip and hot brocolli dip. Here is the problem I do not have the mini baker. What can be used in place of? I was wondering about using the med. bar pan and one of the simple additions square plate(heat in micro). Another one of my ideas was to put the dip in the saute pan? What do you cheffers think? Thanks

if you have any SA pieces, put it in that and microwave them.

Are you doing this for a show?

Yes they are for a show on Sunday.

They will not fit in the saute pan.

Do you have a small oval baker?? It would fit in that.

Sarah, do you have a team member who lives close enough from whom you might borrow the Mini Baker? I do this all the time (good thing my director is such an understanding and sweet person - love ya Julie!!!).

Do you have a full set of prep bowls? Can you divide up the recipe and use these?

Sorry, I haven't tried these recipes, so I don't know how much it makes. Individual servings of the dip might be fun, though!

Would the pizza dip fit in a pie plate? I've made a taco one in the pie plate but I dont know how much the pzza dip holds. ---and you'd have to have the pie plate to use other wise you are back to square one.

Pie plate would work. And since it's still in the catalog, it's probably the best choice. (Small oval isn't in the product line any more)

elizabethfox said:
Do you have a small oval baker?? It would fit in that.
This isn't part of the product line anymore!

The loaf pan is another idea I've also done 4 dips in the mini loaf pan!

A batter bowl would work too, and it goes in the oven!

Any stone wit a deep sie , pie plate , square baker, med bar pan , mini baker, SA will not work csuse you have to bake it

chef131doreen said:
Any stone wit a deep sie , pie plate , square baker, med bar pan , mini baker, SA will not work csuse you have to bake it
You can heat it in the microwave too.

I've done a double batch of pizza dip in the pie plate.

The SA medium plate would also work if you do it in the microwave.....I've done dips on SA before. Works nicely, because it has a deep edge on it.

Be careful thoughI find that the S.A. bowls seem to get hotter than stoneware in the microwave. Make sure to have a hot pad or oven mit handy. Does anyone else have that problem?

The dips make quite a bit, and I would be concerned that the SA med. plate wouldn't be big enough. The med. bowl would - but yes, they do get hot. If nothing else, I would think the BB would be your best bet (as suggested already).

pampered1224 said:
I find that the S.A. bowls seem to get hotter than stoneware in the microwave. Make sure to have a hot pad or oven mit handy. Does anyone else have that problem?
They do get really hot! :eek:

MissChef said:
This isn't part of the product line anymore!

The loaf pan is another idea I've also done 4 dips in the mini loaf pan!

A batter bowl would work too, and it goes in the oven!

That's a great idea! Never thought of that before!

Thanks for that confirm!For a while I thought I was getting whimpy because I could not grab them! I have asbestours finger to a point but those things are to darn hot!

What can I use instead of a Mini Baker when making Hot Pizza & Broccoli Dip?

There are a few options you can use as a substitute for a Mini Baker. One option is to use a small oven-safe dish or ramekin. You can also use a muffin tin or a mini cast iron skillet. Another option is to use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to make individual portions of the dip.

Can I use a regular baking dish for the Hot Pizza & Broccoli Dip?

Yes, you can use a regular baking dish for this recipe. Keep in mind that the cooking time may be slightly longer since the dip will be spread out in a larger dish. You may also want to adjust the ingredients accordingly to ensure the dip is evenly spread and cooked through.

What if I don't have an oven available to bake the Hot Pizza & Broccoli Dip?

If you don't have access to an oven, you can still make this dip on the stove. Simply combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the cheese is melted and the dip is heated through. You can then transfer the dip to a serving dish or individual bowls to serve.

Can I use frozen broccoli for the Hot Pizza & Broccoli Dip?

Yes, you can use frozen broccoli for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain the broccoli before adding it to the dip. You may also want to chop the broccoli into smaller pieces to ensure it mixes well with the other ingredients.

Can I make the Hot Pizza & Broccoli Dip ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this dip ahead of time and reheat it when you're ready to serve. Simply store the dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When you're ready to serve, reheat the dip in the oven or on the stove until heated through. You may need to add a splash of milk to the dip if it has thickened in the fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcjulie
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Admin Greg