• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Past Host and the July/August Specials

the past host would be able to buy any item currently available for purchase, regardless of how much the show has sold. This seems like a pretty useless benefit, in my opinion.
kam
Staff member
Vent warning:
OK, here is my issue with the July & August Specials and the Past Host Booking Benefit.

JULY small print:
The past host from whom the July Show was booked...is eligible to receive their choice of ONE item at 60% off. They may select from the same options available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show.

AUGUST small print:
The past host from whom the August Show was booked...is eligible to receive their choice of ONE item at 60% off. They may select from the same options available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show.

Many of my past hosts attend the current host's show. They are almost NEVER my last order. So how the heck am I supposed to tell them what they can choose if I don't know what the show total is??

And, I do not push to close the show that night. If I feel the host is serious about getting more orders, I let her. I just had a $400 show go to $600 with allowing the host 2 extra days to get orders. Even if I closed the same night, there is still no way to know the show total unless you make the past host wait until the very last order is in. PLUS, you never know if the host might add a couple extra items to get to the next level.

For some reason I feel this is just going to be a hassle.

Here's what I see happening:
1. Can't get the past host's complete order at the show since we will need to wait to see what the current host's final show level is.
2. Once I get all orders and show total for current host I can normally close at this point, but I won't be able to close the show because:
3. I will now need to get in touch with the past host to let her know what level she can choose from.
4. Hopefully we don't play phone tag.
5. I will also need to wait for past host's payment if she doesn't want to give me a credit card.

This will be a load of fun if we are near the end of the month and trying to make an incentive. Or even near the 15th and trying to close for the previous month.

Vent over (I think) :)

I was just thinking about this the other day. I usually like to keep up to date on the ins and outs of the host specials as I talk them up alot. I really do agree with you on this. Seems crazy but maybe HO is planning on changing things up a little bit.

June was like this and then they changed it. It seems like a big hassle to have the past host's order on hold until we can figure out what they can buy with their booking benefit.

Wonder if it has been like this in the past?

See, I read that too.....but I'm thinking the past host will get any item at 60% off no matter the sales - because honestly, why would it matter what the sales are at??? That part made NO sense to me!

wadesgirl said:
I was just thinking about this the other day. I usually like to keep up to date on the ins and outs of the host specials as I talk them up alot. I really do agree with you on this. Seems crazy but maybe HO is planning on changing things up a little bit.

I am glad I am not the only one. It just seems like more verbage to try to promote these.

BlessedWifeMommy said:
June was like this and then they changed it. It seems like a big hassle to have the past host's order on hold until we can figure out what they can buy with their booking benefit.

Wonder if it has been like this in the past?

Actually, I think old June past host booking benefit was the past host could only purchase the 2 qt bowl at 60% off. NOT a great incentive in my mind.

I promote the upcoming host specials with my CURRENT host to get THEM to speak up when I am talking to the guests about booking a show. If they really want something, they will convince a friend on the fence to host in an upcoming month.

c00p said:
See, I read that too.....but I'm thinking the past host will get any item at 60% off no matter the sales - because honestly, why would it matter what the sales are at??? That part made NO sense to me!

It says: "They may select from the same options available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show."

So, I assume that means, if my July host gets below $550, the past host can only get the Mandoline at 60% off (same as the host). But, if my past host really wants the SS bowls, we have to wait to see if the show goes above $550. This is how I am reading the small print. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

So for July you ask the booking host "Susie's show is at $400 right now, which means that you can get the UM at 60% off. Should her show reach $550, you could switch and pick the SS bowl set at 60% off. If she reaches that level, which one would you like?" Then let her decide. Then say "Would you be interested in paying by credit card for this order, that way I can get your info now and then with your permission, enter in your choice when Susie is ready to close her show?"And similar conversation with the August shows.

kam said:
I am glad I am not the only one. It just seems like more verbage to try to promote these.

Actually, I think old June past host booking benefit was the past host could only purchase the 2 qt bowl at 60% off. NOT a great incentive in my mind.

I promote the upcoming host specials with my CURRENT host to get THEM to speak up when I am talking to the guests about booking a show. If they really want something, they will convince a friend on the fence to host in an upcoming month.

It says: "They may select from the same options available to the current host, based upon guest sales of the current host’s Show."

So, I assume that means, if my July host gets below $550, the past host can only get the Mandoline at 60% off (same as the host). But, if my past host really wants the SS bowls, we have to wait to see if the show goes above $550. This is how I am reading the small print. Someone correct me if I am wrong...

This is how I am reading it too....

babywings76 said:
So for July you ask the booking host "Susie's show is at $400 right now, which means that you can get the UM at 60% off. Should her show reach $550, you could switch and pick the SS bowl set at 60% off. If she reaches that level, which one would you like?" Then let her decide. Then say "Would you be interested in paying by credit card for this order, that way I can get your info now and then with your permission, enter in your choice when Susie is ready to close her show?"

And similar conversation with the August shows.

For some reason, around here, many people DO NOT pay with credit cards. Does not matter, no way no how. I always try to stress to hosts to get orders after the show to have checks made out to them and then we can just close over the phone with a credit card. Most times, they would rather just pay by check. Many are VERY much against using credit cards. I ask for the debit card, but they are very dead-set on writing checks.

This just makes it HARDER on us, is all I am saying. Just another thing to keep track of. This is not simplifying things for me. So, now I can't put in the past host's complete order.

Also, remember that the past host item they choose get added to show sales!! I don't know if I can explain this: So, do you have to wait until the show is above $549.99 before the past host can choose the higher item - which would in turn make the show total higher...

Scenario:
If the AUGUST show is at $520 with out the past host choosing her cookware. So the past host can choose LEVEL 1. So she chooses the Grill Pan and that adds $54 to the show total. So now the show total is $574. Now that makes her eligible for the Cookware sets. So can she change her mind and NOT get the Grill Pan (which put the show over the $550) mark and now get 2 sets of cookware which is Level 2???

I know I seem to be making this difficult, but this could really happen. But, I am not in the position where my shows are flying high at $1000. Most of my shows hover around $400-600. Which puts me right in this tricky area.

kam said:
Also, remember that the past host item they choose get added to show sales!! I don't know if I can explain this: So, do you have to wait until the show is above $549.99 before the past host can choose the higher item - which would in turn make the show total higher...

Scenario:
If the AUGUST show is at $520 with out the past host choosing her cookware. So the past host can choose LEVEL 1. So she chooses the Grill Pan and that adds $54 to the show total. So now the show total is $574. Now that makes her eligible for the Cookware sets. So can she change her mind and NOT get the Grill Pan (which put the show over the $550) mark and now get 2 sets of cookware which is Level 2???

I know I seem to be making this difficult, but this could really happen. But, I am not in the position where my shows are flying high at $1000. Most of my shows hover around $400-600. Which puts me right in this tricky area.

Since P3 doesn't differentiate between when the past host places her order, I think you look at the guest sales before the past host's order, and then figure if the item she wants from the upper level would make the show sales go over the minimum. If that is the case, she gets the upper level item, if not, she only picks from the lower level.

Of course that is if the host doesn't go out and get additional sales.

I agree this is a pain. I wonder if they have run host specials like this in the past, or if this is something new this year?

Kathleen, I totally agree. My show avg. is right around $500, so it's not a given for every show. Plus, I get a lot of cash and checks too. I was just totaling checks last night from a fundraiser. The show is at $1044 right now, and only $288 of it is on credit or debit.

Thanks for pointing this out, Kathleen, I hadn't realized that. This is definitely going to be a hassle for the past hosts!!

kam said:
For some reason, around here, many people DO NOT pay with credit cards. Does not matter, no way no how. I always try to stress to hosts to get orders after the show to have checks made out to them and then we can just close over the phone with a credit card. Most times, they would rather just pay by check. Many are VERY much against using credit cards. I ask for the debit card, but they are very dead-set on writing checks.This just makes it HARDER on us, is all I am saying. Just another thing to keep track of. This is not simplifying things for me. So, now I can't put in the past host's complete order. Also, remember that the past host item they choose get added to show sales!! I don't know if I can explain this: So, do you have to wait until the show is above $549.99 before the past host can choose the higher item - which would in turn make the show total higher...Scenario:
If the AUGUST show is at $520 with out the past host choosing her cookware. So the past host can choose LEVEL 1. So she chooses the Grill Pan and that adds $54 to the show total. So now the show total is $574. Now that makes her eligible for the Cookware sets. So can she change her mind and NOT get the Grill Pan (which put the show over the $550) mark and now get 2 sets of cookware which is Level 2???I know I seem to be making this difficult, but this could really happen. But, I am not in the position where my shows are flying high at $1000. Most of my shows hover around $400-600. Which puts me right in this tricky area.
Oh I agree with you that it's a pain! :) I was just trying to figure out a way to explain it to hosts. Here in Lancaster county people pay mostly by check as well. It always puzzles me why people cling to their checkbooks at direct sales shows, but will whip credit cards out like crazy EVERYWHERE else! Some people still write checks at the grocery store, but not many. I include now in my host packets a SASE for hosts to use to mail me checks they gather. This way people write checks out to me and then the host doesn't have to worry about a friend not paying them back or bouncing a check. I want it to be as simple as possible for the host. I mention this other option, and I do have many hosts use it, where they say they'll just put it all on their CC and have the friends pay them back. So there are still CC users out there! ;)I think maybe we should e-mail HO about a clarification on whether the booking host's order of the special counts towards boosting the show level with this particular promotion. Cause I see what you are saying with this scenario, it could get really confusing.

Last edited:
kam said:
For some reason, around here, many people DO NOT pay with credit cards. Does not matter, no way no how. I always try to stress to hosts to get orders after the show to have checks made out to them and then we can just close over the phone with a credit card. Most times, they would rather just pay by check. Many are VERY much against using credit cards. I ask for the debit card, but they are very dead-set on writing checks.

This just makes it HARDER on us, is all I am saying. Just another thing to keep track of. This is not simplifying things for me. So, now I can't put in the past host's complete order.

Scenario:

That way my thought too! You should email HO about this.

What is the current July/August special for past hosts?

The current July/August special for past hosts is a 60% discount on select products when they host a qualifying party with at least $200 in guest sales.

How can I qualify for the July/August special as a past host?

To qualify for the July/August special as a past host, you must have hosted a party with at least $200 in guest sales and have a minimum of one booking from that party.

What products are eligible for the 60% discount in the July/August special?

The products eligible for the 60% discount in the July/August special are select items from our current catalog. These products will be marked with a special icon indicating their eligibility.

Can I combine the July/August special with other discounts or offers?

No, the July/August special cannot be combined with other discounts or offers. However, you can still earn host rewards on top of the 60% discount on eligible products.

How long is the July/August special available for past hosts?

The July/August special is available for past hosts for the entire month of July and August. Make sure to book your party and place your order before the end of August to take advantage of this special discount.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • mechelle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • kam