• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Is the Deadline for My Past Host to Use Their 60% Off Item?

In summary, the past host from whom the February show was booked (if the past host's show was held on or after August 1, 2008) is eligible to select ONE 60% off item. The discount expires one year from the date of the show.
kam
Staff member
I am sure this is somewhere, but it didn't say in the procedures (unless I missed it) and I couldn't come up with it on here...

I have a past host who had their show on 8/2/08 submitted on 8/12.

A gal booked off of her and is having her show this month. Did the show have to happen prior to 8/2 or 8/12 or can it be anytime in the 6th month (February)?

The flyer says: The past host from whom the February Show was booked (if the past host’s Show was held on or after August 1, 2008) is eligible to select ONE 60% off item.

I am reading this to mean that my past host can get the 60% off item as long as the booked show is ANYTIME in February. Right?

The discount expires one year from the date of the show.

If you are referring to the Host Bonus, it is within 6 months after their show. I am not sure if it is 6 months to the date or 6 months to the month.

It is 6 months to the day submitted. I had that come up with someone and it was 2-3 days later and it wouldn't work!

Hmmm that's strange because it worked for me and it was after the exact six months but still in the month (in the case above that means it would be after the 12th of Feb but before the end).

I just read the fine print for the February flyer - The past host from whom the February Show was booked (if the past host's Show was held on or after August 1, 2008) is eligible to select ONE 60% off item. So, yes, your past host from August can get the special in February (if it was put in as a booking from her show)

What you are talking about is NOT the PHD. The PHD is the Past Host Discount of 10% off any order that runs for 1 year after their party. The Past Host Discount, runs out on the day BEFORE the 1 year mark. If Julie held her party on February 2, 2008 her discount runs out on February 1, 2009. The Host Bonus Benefit of 6 months ends on the last day of the 6th month. So if February 2 is the "exact" 6 month mark, then the past host can order the Host Bonus at 60% off on any party booked from hers until the 28th.

pampered1224 said:
What you are talking about is NOT the PHD. The PHD is the Past Host Discount of 10% off any order that runs for 1 year after their party. The Past Host Discount, runs out on the day BEFORE the 1 year mark. If Julie held her party on February 2, 2008 her discount runs out on February 1, 2009. The Host Bonus Benefit of 6 months ends on the last day of the 6th month. So if February 2 is the "exact" 6 month mark, then the past host can order the Host Bonus at 60% off on any party booked from hers until the 28th.

Thanks John! I knew it was good until the end of the sixth month but couldn't find it anywhere in print. It used to be online on CC under 'understanding the new host program' but after the first year it was removed since it wasn't new anymore. I remembered running into this situation a few times, checking CC and speaking with CS and I knew it worked for me.

pampered1224 said:

Yes, I meant Host Bonus Benefit - not the discount. Sorry. I was frantic last night when I thought I had messed up in telling the past host she could also have the 60% off item.

But, thanks for clarifying that the Host Benefit is good for the entire 6th month!

I like that. I do not have to remember a specific date. I tis just to hard! I wish they WOULD do that with the PHD as well. I had a lady who ordered from me on December 5th 2008. She was not one of my hosts but a friend of the host I was doing a party for and she ordered. She gave me her order with the 10% off already figured in and the cehck written out. When I got home I put in her name on CC to find her number because she did not have it with her. Well, when it didn't come up in the Host Search, I contact HO. Anyway, they told me her party was held on December 3 of 2007 and her discount had already expired. Can you imagine my having to call her to tell her she owed me more money and that her PHD had expired two days before the party? I couldn't. I ate the 10% - it was like all of $3 but I had to let her know that her PHD was no longer valid just in case she tried ot use it with someone else before the end of December. She had mentioned that she was invited to 3 different PC parties before Christmas and was ordering from everyone on them to help her friends. That woudl have been embarassing if either one of us consultants was a creep about getting that extra money. I do not know if she faked with them to get them to cover the 10% or not. That was not up to me. So... (I hope not but...)

What is the expiration date for a Pampered Chef Ph.D.?

The expiration date for a Pampered Chef Ph.D. is typically one year from the date it was earned.

Can I use my Ph.D. discount after it has expired?

No, once your Ph.D. has expired, the discount is no longer valid and cannot be used for purchases.

Is there a way to extend the expiration date of my Ph.D.?

Unfortunately, the expiration date of a Ph.D. cannot be extended. It is important to use your discount before it expires.

Do I need to renew my Ph.D. every year?

Yes, in order to continue receiving the Ph.D. discount, you will need to re-qualify for the program each year by meeting the required sales and recruiting goals.

If I am no longer a Pampered Chef consultant, can I still use my Ph.D. discount?

No, once you are no longer an active consultant, you are no longer eligible to use the Ph.D. discount.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • pchefjodie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchefjodie
  • kam