• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Party Use Ideas for Bamboo Cheese Boards and Petite Squares

has a slightly sour, tangy flavour and is used in salads, as a cheese spread, or as a component of a fondue.Havarti is a mild cheese, which is why it's frequently sold with dill or other herbs in it. My copy of the Penguin Companion to Food describes it as a Danish version of the cheese Tilsiter, which is itself described as:Tilsiter- a surface-ripened cheese first made by Dutch settlers in E. Prussia in the mid-19th century, is said to have been created by accident when some of their Gouda-type cheeses became infected with moulds, yeasts and bacteria in a damp cellar.Tilsiter
RaggedyAunt
Gold Member
For my Feb. shows, I'm thinking of having snacks available on the cheese board w/ petite squares (since it's a March host special) and possibly bringing the cheese bistro set since it's being discontinued, but I'm not sure what would be the best food to use with it that way, other than a simple display of cheese w/ the crackers in the squares. Anyone have any creative suggestions? Thanks!

Tammy

I like to use that set with Club crackers in most of the groove, one petite square filled with Tastefully Simple strawberry rhubarb spread, and some havarti cheese (with the knife). YUM!!You can also put out toasted bread with 3 kinds of spreads: olive tapenade, seasoned butter, etc.

Thanks, Ann. Is the Tastefully Simple spread available in stores? I've never had havarti cheese. What kind of taste does it have? (You're such a wealth of information!)

Tammy

chefann said:
I like to use that set with Club crackers in most of the groove, one petite square filled with Tastefully Simple strawberry rhubarb spread, and some havarti cheese (with the knife). YUM!!

You can also put out toasted bread with 3 kinds of spreads: olive tapenade, seasoned butter, etc.

I have to find another source for the Stawberry Rhubarb spread! I bought mine at a Fundraiser DS event.....and we have LOVED it! It's perfect with the crackers and cheese, on toast, on ice cream......mmmmm, it's so good!

Tastefully Simple is another Direct Sales company that sells foods. They are very good. Havarti cheese is very good as well. I'm bad at describing the taste other than it's really good though. The cheese you should be able to find at the store, the tastefully simple stuff you will need a consultant for I think.

ChefMoore said:
Tastefully Simple is another Direct Sales company that sells foods. They are very good. Havarti cheese is very good as well. I'm bad at describing the taste other than it's really good though. The cheese you should be able to find at the store, the tastefully simple stuff you will need a consultant for I think.
:D Yeah - I know....I just don't know anyone who sells it locally, and I've never been invited to a party. But I would like to find someone local.....(I don't want to have a party though - I'm too busy with my own shows to have a party!...Especially from what I understand, I have to make all of the food for my party...and clean my house too!:eek: )

Becky, I figured you knew that...I thought the previous post by Tammy sounded like she didn't know it was a DS company.

I wonder if they have a website where you can order online, like ours?

ChefMoore said:
Becky, I figured you knew that...I thought the previous post by Tammy sounded like she didn't know it was a DS company.

I wonder if they have a website where you can order online, like ours?

heehee - I didn't see her post!:blushing:

You gals crack me up! I actually did know TS was DS, so when Ann suggested it, I wanted to make sure we were on the same line of thinking. (I wasn't sure if it was a storebrand thing, too.) I've never been to a party, either, nor been invited! Funny how some things are more popular in other regions! Just like Princess House, that another thread was discussing yesterday. I had to Google it to see what they where and sold. Thankfully, PC is just about everywhere, or at least most people have heard of us!

Thanks for the suggestions. Any other store bought spread ideas to make it easier on me?

Tammy

<giggle> So there are a lot of us who haven't been to a TS party. I have purchased a couple of items from consultants I've met at fairs. I do know that one of the other members here is having a party in February, and I'll be going to that one. If anyone wants anything, let me know.One of my former coworkers had a TS party after she had a PC show with me, and commented on how much easier ours was. The list of items she had to get (cream cheese, sour cream, etc.) was ridiculous!!Returning to my suggestion above, Havarti is a mild cheese, which is why it's frequently sold with dill or other herbs in it. My copy of the Penguin Companion to Food describes it as a Danish version of the cheese Tilsiter, which is itself described as:
Tilsiter- a surface-ripened cheese first made by Dutch settlers in E. Prussia in the mid-19th century, is said to have been created by accident when some of their Gouda-type cheeses became infected with moulds, yeasts and bacteria in a damp cellar.
Tilsiter, which is ivory or pale yellow in colour, with very small holes, has a tangy flavour and a supple texture; just firm enough to be calssified by Germans as a Schnittkäse (sliceable cheese). It is now produces in many places besides Germany; notable C. Europe including Switzerland, several Nordic countries, and the Soviet Union (ed: obviously my edition needs a little updating). It comes in wheels or loaves, with or without a rind, and may be made from whole or skimmed milk. The latter version is sometimes flavoured with caraway seeds.
Any cheese spread from the grocery store would be good served in the squares, maybe with some sliced olives in another for sprinkling on top, or even some pimentos.

Are you planning on highlighting the Cheese board and petite squares? You could do the Asian Potstickers with Dipping Sauce(s). Yummy! I usually have the guests come up and help wrap. They like getting involved (course we all know that now with the success of our Interactive shows).

chefann maybe with some sliced olives in another for sprinkling on top said:
Ick and Double Ick!!! :yuck: Just kidding. Thanks for the suggestions, but those are two of my least favorite things in the world!

Tammy

My DH and I use our 2 Bamboo Cheese Boards and Petite Squares to eat sushi! We put wasabi, soy sauce and ginger in the 3 squares, and line up all the sushi on the board. It looks so cool, and we feel like we're out at a fancy Japanese restaurant, when we're really sitting in the dining room and the kids are snoring upstairs ;-).

I sell a lot of these in this area (Philly suburbs) by mentioning that. I find a lot of people like to go out to dinner, but either can't afford it, or can't find a babysitter, so this is the next best thing.

At one show, I made the "spring rolls" (I think they were in the Spring 06 SB?) and put the wasabi, ginger and soy sauce in the squares and passed around the board for people to try. They loved it and it was an awesome spring recipe, too!

HTH! :)

What are some creative ways to use bamboo cheese boards and petite squares at a party?

Bamboo cheese boards and petite squares are versatile kitchen tools that can be used in a variety of ways to elevate your party spread. Here are five ideas to get you started:

• Serve a charcuterie board on the bamboo cheese board by arranging various cured meats, cheeses, fruits, nuts, and crackers on it.
  • Use the petite squares to create individual appetizers like bruschetta, mini quiches, or caprese skewers.
  • Line the bamboo cheese board with parchment paper and use it as a dessert tray for cookies, brownies, or fruit tarts.
  • Set up a build-your-own taco or slider bar using the petite squares as serving plates and the bamboo cheese board as a base for toppings.
  • Create a beautiful display of chocolate-dipped strawberries or other bite-sized treats on the bamboo cheese board.

Can the bamboo cheese board and petite squares be used for hot and cold foods?

Yes, the bamboo cheese board and petite squares are heat-resistant and can be used for both hot and cold foods. Just be sure to protect the bamboo surface with a layer of parchment paper or aluminum foil when serving hot foods to prevent any discoloration or damage.

How do I clean and care for my bamboo cheese board and petite squares?

Cleaning and caring for your bamboo cheese board and petite squares is easy. Simply hand wash them with warm soapy water and dry them immediately. Avoid soaking them in water or putting them in the dishwasher, as this can cause warping or cracking. Additionally, periodically apply food-safe mineral oil to the bamboo surface to keep it looking shiny and prevent it from drying out.

Can I use the bamboo cheese board and petite squares for cutting or chopping?

No, the bamboo cheese board and petite squares are not meant for cutting or chopping. They are designed for serving and displaying food. Using sharp knives on the bamboo surface can cause scratches and damage.

Are there any other ways to use the bamboo cheese board and petite squares besides for food?

Yes, there are other creative ways to use these versatile kitchen tools. Here are a few ideas:

• Use the petite squares as coasters for drinks.
  • Place a few bamboo cheese boards around your home as stylish and functional serving trays for snacks or appetizers.
  • Use the petite squares as organizers for small items like jewelry, office supplies, or spices.
  • Use the bamboo cheese board as a decorative tray to hold candles, vases, or other home decor items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Smashie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • adventurechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PCJen
  • chefjwr