• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Out of Rooms? Need Extra Room for Chicago Hilton on 15th

In summary, Erin is trying to find a hotel for the conference but is having trouble. There are no rooms available the first day. She is also trying to find out if any rooms are available for the weekend. Another director booked at the Hyatt, not even on the list. It is a 2 bed 2 bath for $600 all 3 nights. You might want to look into another hotel.
I haven't gotten any kind of email from them about that.

Oh, and I got an email back from HO...
Hi Anne,
You need to call Travel Planners and get on a wail list. The number is 800-221-3531. They are adding more rooms daily....

That's it. No signature, identifier or anything. I am trying to be positive as well as polite, but I just don't find that comforting.

My response:
Yes, I did get on the waiting list, but wasn't sure if the Home Office knew this was such a problem. And Travel Planners isn't guaranteeing anything, so I might not have anywhere to stay since Chicago is very busy because of other conferences going on at the same time.

So, say we can't get in a conf hotel... where should we stay on Sunday?

AJPratt said:
So, say we can't get in a conf hotel... where should we stay on Sunday?
Is there a Travel Planners office in Chicago? I think we should camp out there!

Seriously. And after the response I got from HO, I'm thinking the HO looks pretty good right about now, too.

AJPratt said:
Seriously. And after the response I got from HO, I'm thinking the HO looks pretty good right about now, too.
You've got that right!

Just bumping to keep this showing up. Curious how everyone is making out.

AJPratt said:
Just bumping to keep this showing up. Curious how everyone is making out.
All I'm hearing is silence.

LOL I think this thread turned into the "Beth & Anne" thread.

I have a hotel room for all 4 nights, but it makes me mad that some people only have a room for 3 nights and might have to pay a higher rate for the night before. I don't think HO is being very accomodating.

I just wanted to add to your Beth & Anne thread!!

pamperedalf said:
I don't think HO is being very accomodating.

I don't mean to be negative, but response I got from HO was perhaps the least helpful ever.

(feel free to join the B&A thread!)

I just was thinking if I was at work on the day registration opened, I probably wouldn't have had a room for sunday. But registration fell on spring break, so I was at home ready to go @ 8AM.

It stinks, and I think you guys need to put more flame under their you know whats, to get a room.

Anne, I went onto hotels.com & sidestep.com and found a few 4 star hotels that were on or near the mag mile from 141-189 a night. Check it out in case you need to stay somewhere the one night.

End of work day just about (and work week) and still silence.

Thanks for the suggestion about an alternate hotel for the first night but I do not want to make my whole team move after the first night and am not willing to give up the 2 bathrooms either.

If we have to do that it should be on TP or HO (don't even start to think they would do that!) - we registered so soon that there is NO EXCUSE for this!

(BTW: Everyone is free to chime in on the B & A thread. - I'm not supposed to be here anyway - it says WAVE 3 (I'm in Wave 1 but I have the same problem!).

pamperedalf said:
Anne, I went onto hotels.com & sidestep.com and found a few 4 star hotels that were on or near the mag mile from 141-189 a night. Check it out in case you need to stay somewhere the one night.
Thanks, Amanda! I looked on sidestep but not hotels.com. I figured I'll call TP on Monday and see what they say. If I don't get in, I'll just book something off of one of those sites the first night. We pack light anyway.

Not to tick all of you off, but....I have a reservation for the 15th at the Sheraton and am thinking about cancelling it. The person who was going to go with me has some serious health problems and won't be able to attend (I'd much rather have her stay home and work on getting healthy than hurt herself more by going to conference), and I don't want to stay there by myself (can't afford to stay there alone, either). I can always drive to the conference center (I live in the Chicago suburbs) and am pretty sure it would be cheaper to drive and park than to stay in the hotels anyway. I'm not sure what to do. :(

Hey, Jen, don't worry about it... you can always change your reservation! I'm sure you're not the only one to book and have your plans change. Once you confirm with your roomie that she isn't going, just contact Travel Planners and let them know. I would do it soon because I don't know when they'll charge you for the rooms or how that works.

AJPratt said:
Hey, Jen, don't worry about it... you can always change your reservation! I'm sure you're not the only one to book and have your plans change. Once you confirm with your roomie that she isn't going, just contact Travel Planners and let them know. I would do it soon because I don't know when they'll charge you for the rooms or how that works.
They charge for one night around June 15 but we still can cancel a conference hotel up to 72 hours before arrival.

jentapp said:
I have a reservation for the 15th at the Sheraton and am thinking about cancelling it. The person who was going to go with me has some serious health problems and won't be able to attend (I'd much rather have her stay home and work on getting healthy than hurt herself more by going to conference), and I don't want to stay there by myself (can't afford to stay there alone, either). I can always drive to the conference center (I live in the Chicago suburbs) and am pretty sure it would be cheaper to drive and park than to stay in the hotels anyway. I'm not sure what to do. :(

Jen, I just sent you a PM :)

Lisa

AJPratt said:
I don't mean to be negative, but response I got from HO was perhaps the least helpful ever.

(feel free to join the B&A thread!)
Hey Anne.....nice new picture!

I've been out of town this past week and just now having time to catch-up. Have you and Beth called to complain to a human at HO and TP? If not, you really need to call and speak to a supervisor (both with TP & HO). I called and talked to Beth somebody at HO (option 3 and was transferred to Beth in the Meeting Coordinator dept.) I also spoke to Joe at TP (Joe Patrick, Reservations & Operations Supervisor, Travel Planners, Inc. 381 Park Ave South 3rd Floor New York, NY 10016 212-532-1660 Ext. 2103) I had originally called to complain about the operator I spoke to who wouldn't let me make a reservation w/o names & consultant #s and b/c of that I missed getting a reservation early (I had internet probs and couldn't get on the site). Anyhow, he was most helpful and I got my reservation for a 2-2 w/in a few days.

I hope you all get the rooms you want! I know how aggravating that is.

pamperedlinda said:

I've been out of town this past week and just now having time to catch-up. Have you and Beth called to complain to a human at HO and TP? If not, you really need to call and speak to a supervisor (both with TP & HO). I called and talked to Beth somebody at HO (option 3 and was transferred to Beth in the Meeting Coordinator dept.) I also spoke to Joe at TP (Joe Patrick, Reservations & Operations Supervisor, Travel Planners, Inc. 381 Park Ave South 3rd Floor New York, NY 10016 212-532-1660 Ext. 2103) I had originally called to complain about the operator I spoke to who wouldn't let me make a reservation w/o names & consultant #s and b/c of that I missed getting a reservation early (I had internet probs and couldn't get on the site). Anyhow, he was most helpful and I got my reservation for a 2-2 w/in a few days.

I hope you all get the rooms you want! I know how aggravating that is.
I did call HO and the operator talked to a supervisor and then said the super would call me back but she never did. I did talk to Joe Patrick. He has been in communication with me (not in the last week though) and has still done nothing. ...well he gave me a voucher for a small discount on a room because this is the THIRD event that my room reservations have been difficult. That does me no good if I don't have a room! I am so tired of complaining and stressing over this. Not sure I even want to attend conferences in the future after all this.

Well, the conferences are SO worth it but this IS very, very stressful!

I think my group decided this last night....we currently have reservations at Travelodge--1 block from the Hilton; we can cancel at any time with no extra charges--and it's $179/night.
We're going to go ahead & make arrangements at the Sheraton & get on the waiting list for Sunday. THen, if we don't get in there on Sunday, we can cancel within 72 hrs, and still have our rooms at the Travelodge.
I did get a call back from HO, about 4 days after I had left my message; they told me to just get on the waiting list. They said that travel planners was supposed to be opening up more Sunday rooms, and they will fill the ones on the waiting list first.
This is so ridiculous that we even have to worry about it!

(just joining in on the B&A thread:p )

pamperedlinda said:
Thanks!

Lacy: JOin thr B&A thread any time!

I think what we're doing is, we set up for the Sheraton for the two nights at the conf. rate. The Sheraton had rooms available on Sunday at $265, so my director was talking about reserving one of those. (Or at least I hope she did, and didn't put it off) So, if we don't get the rate, we'll just share a room for Sunday night. I didn't want us to both reserve an extra room and both be put on the wait list... that just seemed to be greedy.

Last edited:
I talked with my director about this issue and she said in the past they have added an additional conference hotel and opened up more rooms. Let HO know what is going on. She has been in the biz for 9+ years. A lot of the directors don't even have rooms and they have a breakfast meeting on Monday.

I just called Travel Planners and the guy I spoke with said it takes 5 to day biz days to find out about the wait list and that I should know somewhere between Tues and Fri.

I'm sure they would like to open extra rooms, but my fear is there just won't be any to open because of all of the other things going on in Chicago in July. I sent HO and email and you saw the response I got ,"Just get on a wait list." My phone calls have not been returned either.

I may be on a cot or sleeping on the floor somewhere - I will be the one hunched over with the achy breaky back

LOL

It's my first conference - Been looking forward to going. Couldn't go last year becaue my former wouldn't allow me off work and my mom had just passed away. They promote conference but then don't other to have enough rooms for everyone NICE

AJPratt said:
Thanks!

Lacy: JOin thr B&A thread any time!

I think what we're doing is, we set up for the Sheraton for the two nights at the conf. rate. The Sheraton had rooms available on Sunday at $265, so my director reserved one of those. (Or at least I hope she did, and didn't put it off) So, if we don't get the rate, we'll just share a room for Sunday night.
I started to reserve a room with the hotel for that Sunday I need but it was over $300 and I was also concerned that if many of us did that there wouldn't be rooms for them to release to TP. Oh, what a pain!

Kathytnt said:
It's my first conference - Been looking forward to going. Couldn't go last year becaue my former wouldn't allow me off work and my mom had just passed away. They promote conference but then don't other to have enough rooms for everyone NICE

I'm sorry you had such a rough go of it last year. But I am thrilled that you are going this year and hope to meet up with you!

Yeah, I am trying to be positive and not bash HO, but I am disappointed. I am sure they are getting hit hard about the lodging situation with phone calls and emails, but they KNOW what Chicago is like during July and its not fair to be sold out when I'm sure a number of people haven't registered yet. And its not right to just assume that you won't have people coming in the day before, especially when you schedule a 9AM meeting on Day 1.

Beth: I agree. I had my director reserve on room at full price and then I got on the wait list. This way, we're only tying up one room for the both of us. We may just split the cost of the extra room.

Last edited:
lacychef said:
I think my group decided this last night....we currently have reservations at Travelodge--1 block from the Hilton; we can cancel at any time with no extra charges--and it's $179/night.
We're going to go ahead & make arrangements at the Sheraton & get on the waiting list for Sunday. THen, if we don't get in there on Sunday, we can cancel within 72 hrs, and still have our rooms at the Travelodge.
I did get a call back from HO, about 4 days after I had left my message; they told me to just get on the waiting list. They said that travel planners was supposed to be opening up more Sunday rooms, and they will fill the ones on the waiting list first.
This is so ridiculous that we even have to worry about it!

(just joining in on the B&A thread:p )

Thanks Lacy!! I just booked a room at the Travelodge for $169/night. I'd prefer my Hilton reservation to include Sunday but it's SO nice to know that I have Travelodge in my back pocket until the Hilton thing works out.

I've been in Orlando on spring break so haven't had a chance to complain to anyone.

What do you have to do to book a room there? Just give them a call?

Bumping thread to top!

AJPratt said:
What do you have to do to book a room there? Just give them a call?

Anne, I just went to www.travelodge.com, typed in "chicago" and the dates. Very simple. I can't believe the relief I felt when that went through! I did mapquest and it is one block away from the Hilton so very easy to walk to the shuttle. I also called TP and was put on the "night request" list to get the 15th added to my reservation.

I've stayed at non-conference hotels before and it is actually alot easier. Not a big crowd at the elevators, etc. One year they ran out of hot water at the Sheraton!

Thanks! I'm going to talk with my director and see what she thinks.

I Got In!! I Got In!! I Got In!! I Got In!! I Got In!!I GOT IN!! I GOT IN!! I GOT IN!! I GOT IN!! I GOT IN!!

You would think I got TPC or something! LOL I got in for the 15th!!!!

I just got my email from Travel Planners!

AJPratt said:
I GOT IN!! I GOT IN!! I GOT IN!! I GOT IN!! I GOT IN!!

You would think I got TPC or something! LOL I got in for the 15th!!!!

I just got my email from Travel Planners!

Okay...I don't feel like reading back through all the posts :) so....did you JUST make a reservation and get in on the 15th or did you already have a reservation but weren't able to get the 15th when you made the original reservation?

Yeah Anne, I am so happy you got in. We should meet up at conference this year. I hope to see you there!!!!.

Lisa: I made a reservation and then was put on the dreaded "wait list". I called to follow up today and then just got the email.

Amanda: Yes! We'll have to meet up. Let's compare schedules!

Anne, we have nothing the same. A couple classes are the same but at different times!! I am glad you posted a pic of your new hair style. Now I will look for the right person this time.

OMG Linda! I LOVE your banana!

Amanda: We'll have to exchange cell #'s. I'm sure we'll meet up somewhere!

AJPratt said:
OMG Linda! I LOVE your banana!

Amanda: We'll have to exchange cell #'s. I'm sure we'll meet up somewhere!
Why thank you....no one has ever said that to me before!

Awesome Anne; I'm glad you got in:)

Yesterday my director 3-way called me in with Travel Planners. The guy was very helpful. He had us reserve the night of the 14th (we're coming in on Saturday so we have some down time & fun time!). Then, he reserved us the 16th & 17th, and requested the 15th. He said we should know by Friday if we get the 15th or not; and to call if we don't hear back by Friday. Now we're going with the Hilton though; 2 baths:)

pamperedlinda said:
Why thank you....no one has ever said that to me before!
I don't believe that for one minute! You're banana is fabulous, you probably hear that all the time!

Lacy: I'll PM you.

OK... My director just got conf on the room for the 15th, too (at the rate). So, they are moving through that wait list.

Got this in Weekly Bites: We have had a great early response with National Conference registration. Please remember that each Consultant may only reserve one room. We are currently finding duplicate rooms booked for the same Consultant. If you have reserved more than one room, you will be contacted by Travel Planners to notify you that only one reservation per Consultant can be honored. As these rooms are released, more become available. If you find there is no availability on a particular night, please contact Travel Planners at 800-221-3531 to have your name added to the wait list. Travel Planners and the Meetings & Incentives department are working with the hotels to add rooms to our inventory for these nights as needed. We thank you and look forward to seeing everyone in July.

Beth: Any luck for you?!

AJPratt said:
Beth: Any luck for you?!
No. Still waiting. Looks like we'll be in the lobby.

BethCooks4U said:
No. Still waiting. Looks like we'll be in the lobby.

LOL! Well, at least it's a pretty lobby:p

Glad to see they're moving along with the waiting list...
I thought that was interesting too in the weekly bites! (also about the myspace advertising!) Oh, but I don't want to hijak the thread there!

AJPratt said:
Got this in Weekly Bites: We have had a great early response with National Conference registration. Please remember that each Consultant may only reserve one room. We are currently finding duplicate rooms booked for the same Consultant. If you have reserved more than one room, you will be contacted by Travel Planners to notify you that only one reservation per Consultant can be honored. As these rooms are released, more become available. If you find there is no availability on a particular night, please contact Travel Planners at 800-221-3531 to have your name added to the wait list. Travel Planners and the Meetings & Incentives department are working with the hotels to add rooms to our inventory for these nights as needed. We thank you and look forward to seeing everyone in July.

Last year I received an email from TP saying that there was a "duplicate consultant" in my room. I contacted them because I knew that the 4 in my room did not have another room. They couldn't tell me who it was yet I was contacted 3 times via email about it! Maybe they should have us give them the consultant numbers of everyone in the room so that no one can hog all the rooms!

I am still on the waiting list for the 15th. It has been 7 days now....
Maybe I will see beth in the lobby. Or we will be in the park...

Katrob said:
I am still on the waiting list for the 15th. It has been 7 days now....
Maybe I will see beth in the lobby. Or we will be in the park...
Sorry but I'll be there on the 8th (Wave 1 - see apology for joining your thread earlier). The thing that really angers me is that I had my reservation in within 24 hours of them opening the registration and I STILL don't have a room for Sunday night :mad: AND they say they are not guaranteeing that I will get the same rate IF I get a room!:eek:

<h2>1. "Did anyone reserve extra rooms "just in case"?</h2><p>Some consultants may have reserved extra rooms just in case, but it is not a common practice. If you know of someone who may have an extra room, it doesn't hurt to ask if they are willing to give it up.</p><h2>2. "I need one if you know of someone that has an extra room."</h2><p>As mentioned before, it is not common for consultants to reserve extra rooms. However, you can try reaching out to other consultants in your cluster to see if anyone has an extra room they are willing to give up.</p><h2>3. "I want to stay at the Chicago Hilton with the rest of my cluster."</h2><p>It is understandable that you want to stay at the same hotel as your cluster, but unfortunately, it may not always be possible. If you are unable to find a room at the Chicago Hilton, consider staying at a nearby hotel or reaching out to your cluster to see if anyone is willing to carpool to the event.</p><h2>4. "This happens EVERY year! IMO....they shouldn't run out of rooms the FIRST day!! Errrrrrr.............:mad:"</h2><p>We understand your frustration, but please keep in mind that the number of rooms available is limited and it is a first-come, first-served basis. It is also possible that other events or conferences may be happening at the same time, making it difficult to secure a room.</p><h2>5. "There are NO rooms for the night of the 15th! I went ahead and took a room (without the 15th) but REALLY need the 15th."</h2><p>If you were unable to secure a room for the night of the 15th, consider reaching out to the hotel directly to see if they have any cancellations or if they can put you on a waitlist. You can also keep checking back periodically to see if any rooms become available. Additionally, as mentioned before, consider staying at a nearby hotel or reaching out to your cluster for alternative options.</p>

1. "Did anyone reserve extra rooms "just in case"?

Some consultants may have reserved extra rooms just in case, but it is not a common practice. If you know of someone who may have an extra room, it doesn't hurt to ask if they are willing to give it up.

2. "I need one if you know of someone that has an extra room."

As mentioned before, it is not common for consultants to reserve extra rooms. However, you can try reaching out to other consultants in your cluster to see if anyone has an extra room they are willing to give up.

3. "I want to stay at the Chicago Hilton with the rest of my cluster."

It is understandable that you want to stay at the same hotel as your cluster, but unfortunately, it may not always be possible. If you are unable to find a room at the Chicago Hilton, consider staying at a nearby hotel or reaching out to your cluster to see if anyone is willing to carpool to the event.

4. "This happens EVERY year! IMO....they shouldn't run out of rooms the FIRST day!! Errrrrrr.............:mad:"

We understand your frustration, but please keep in mind that the number of rooms available is limited and it is a first-come, first-served basis. It is also possible that other events or conferences may be happening at the same time, making it difficult to secure a room.

5. "There are NO rooms for the night of the 15th! I went ahead and took a room (without the 15th) but REALLY need the 15th."

If you were unable to secure a room for the night of the 15th, consider reaching out to the hotel directly to see if they have any cancellations or if they can put you on a waitlist. You can also keep checking back periodically to see if any rooms become available. Additionally, as mentioned before, consider staying at a nearby hotel or reaching out to your cluster for alternative options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrsbettyboop0000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
EpTxGuy
  • momoftwins
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
momoftwins
  • ardipc