• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Okay, so I Thought I Would Start Sending Things Out via My Website

In summary, the person's mom and sister have not received emails sent through their personal website. The person suspects that the emails may not have made it through because of the mail server's spam filter. The person also suggests sending out newsletters through the personal website and limiting the number of recipients to nine.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Okay, so I thought I would start sending things out via my website instead of regular email. I sent a test to my mom and my sister just to see what they thought (they are very supportive of my business). I sent it 3 times to my mom and she has never gotten it. I sent it to my sister and she got it. I am afraid to start using this and some people not getting them. Any ideas on why this is happening????
My mom has hotmail and my sister has yahoo.

Two things:
--I sent something out last night via my website and didn't get it til this morning. Sometimes there is lag time.
--have your mom and sister check their spam folders.

She says she checked it. I sent it 3 days ago.

what I have been doing is putting my own email in the customer list...then sending it just to me. Then I forward it to my contacts list directly from Outlook. The links still work, so make sure you delete the opt-out disclaimer at the bottom, or you will get people opting you out, and you have no way of knowing who opted-out, I learned that the hard way.

I like using the customer emails that are on the website, but I don't like using the contact list, I prefer to use my own contacts in outlook.

One of my hosts has a hotmail address and she never gets any email I send through my PWS. Not sure why, but she hasn't gotten one of my emails.

Hotmail's spam filter is probably set of by the ".biz" in our websites. It might get blocked anyway.

cathyskitchen said:
Hotmail's spam filter is probably set of by the ".biz" in our websites. It might get blocked anyway.
Is there anyway to get around that? I would hate to have to do 2 seperate newsletters.

Everyone has the ability to set their spam settings in their email filter, so you really don't have any control over that. If they set their spam filters high, nothing will get through unless they set your email as a "friend". If you want to tell people that, that might be an idea, other than that, there's not much you can do. You have to respect people's privacy and their wishes regarding "spam".

And some service providers automatically filter things out that would cause our newsletters to not get through (like the .biz, words relating to sales, etc.). If it's the ISP, then your customers may be able to contact them and have the filter "loosened", but not all will do that.

I have a hotmail account, and I have the same problem. If I send myself something from my PWS, I never get it, and it's never in my junk mail folder. Also, the few things I have gotten are formatted all funny and don't look anything like they are supposed to. I'm thinking its a hotmail thing.

I think I am going to send out an intial email through my regular email and let them know I am changing the format of my newsletters and if they haven't heard from me in a week or so to check their junk and spam folders or they might have to mess with their filter.
Option 2 is to just send out stuff through my PWS like HWC and stuff like that.

I have also been told to limit the number of mail recipients to 9 at a time, otherwise anything you send goes to spam. so i guess that would mean multiple mailings?

I don't mind doing multiple mailings as long as I remember where I left off at.
Has anyone taken it and sent a copy to your regular email account and then sent it to your list that have hotmail accounts?

not sure about hotmail but I recently had to contact my server regarding multiple emails I was not receiving from a business contact. It wes getting stuck in my spam filter on my server. I did not even know it was there. I was manually able to set that address as friendly. So glad I checked it out! So you get alot more "junk" than you know that doesn't even get to your junk folder in outlook.

I have noticed this with Hotmail as well. Does anyone know if AOL has the same problem? I noticed that none of the invitations sent to the AOL users were opened, I wonder if that is why?

I have my security set to the lowest on hotmail and the PC email did get thru. If it is set any higher the PC emails will most likely not go thru unless they are marked as a friendly email.

linojackie said:
I noticed that none of the invitations sent to the AOL users were opened, I wonder if that is why?
The system AOL uses doesn't always report status back to the sending server. So they may have been opened. I have the same issue with my Constant Contact newsletters. Sometimes the AOL users show up on the open list, sometimes they don't.

This happened to me awhile back, I called the company and they realized something was wrong with their system. Have you tried calling the company yet? They tried telling me at first it was the email accounts and all this stuff. Then when I insisted on talking to a supervisor they told me they would do some research and get back to me. Once he finally did call me back he told me they were having problems with the server.

what I have been doing is putting my own email in the customer list...then sending it just to me. Then I forward it to my contacts list directly from Outlook. The links still work, so make sure you delete the opt-out disclaimer at the bottom, or you will get people opting you out, and you have no way of knowing who opted-out, I learned that the hard way.

Thanks, I'll try that.

But then, all the tools that PC touts they're giving us with a PWS creates double-work.

My director's half daft, but she did say something about this....keeping double files, listed under A's B's C's etc and sending them out in batches. What a pain.

I thought I was paying a website fee to avoid this?

Last edited:
"My director's half daft, but she did say something about this....keeping double files, listed under A's B's C's etc and sending them out in batches. What a pain."

Actually, if you send emails out through the PWS, this problem HAS already been taken care of by Tech Support. This is definitely an added value of sending through the website.

The only time that anyone would need to send in batches is if you send an email newsletter or some such thing from your personal email address. I know that when I used to send newsletters from my personal address, I frequently got bounced from hotmail and AOL, and I always had to do batches. Kind of hard to deal with the spam thing whether you're using the website or personal newsletters.

1. How do I set up my website to send out products?

To set up your website to send out products, you will need to create an account with a shipping carrier such as UPS, FedEx, or USPS. You will also need to integrate this account with your website's checkout process. This can usually be done through your website's platform or with the help of a developer.

2. Will my customers be able to track their shipments?

Yes, if you have set up your shipping account and integrated it with your website, your customers will be able to track their shipments. They will receive a tracking number once the order has been shipped, and they can use this to track the progress of their shipment.

3. How do I handle returns or exchanges through my website?

You can set up a return or exchange policy on your website and provide instructions for customers on how to initiate a return or exchange. You can also offer a customer service email or phone number for any questions or concerns regarding returns or exchanges.

4. Can I offer different shipping options for my customers?

Yes, you can offer different shipping options for your customers, such as standard shipping, expedited shipping, or international shipping. You can set these options and their corresponding costs in your shipping settings on your website.

5. How do I handle shipping for orders with multiple products?

You can set up your shipping settings to calculate the shipping cost based on the total weight or number of items in the order. You can also offer free shipping for orders over a certain amount. It's important to clearly communicate your shipping policies to customers to avoid any confusion or questions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • pattikake