• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oh Where, Oh Where Did Our Dinner Thread Go?

In summary, Kacey is asking if we are still doing our "what's for dinner" thread. Sweetie says she is still interested in doing it, and we can call it recipe of the day. Tonight, she is making taco's and corn spoon bread for supper. She is also making a trifle for her party tomorrow. DH is out of town for a car show, so Kacey is on her own for the weekend. She is planning to go get pizza-flavored cardboard for dinner.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
So- I was wondering (merely because it was really pretty helpful for me) if we were still doing our "what's for dinner" thread?

I'd still like to- we could call it recipe o' the day if that would work better- but I got a lot of great ideas off that thread!

Wanna do it some more?

Tonight I believe I'll be making some taco's and corn spoon bread for supper... it is such a nice day out, too- so that could change to something on the grill.

Sorry Kacey, my bad!!!

I have NO idea what we are having, need to go shopping :(

Last night DH had burgers on the grill and I had a salmon roll stuffed with crab, etc. (Mine was much healthier).Tonight...don't know yet...DH is at Field Day and I have to go into work.

rennea said:
Sorry Kacey, my bad!!!

I have NO idea what we are having, need to go shopping :(

Sweetie, don't think I was saying you dropped the ball- to the contrary! I was just curious as to where it went. I really liked it! :)

We are having church potluck to meet our prospective minister. I'm not sure what to take. Any suggestions?

apple pie!

Main dish? Tortilla casserole (or similar) in the DCB.Dessert? Trifle...maybe Angel Food cake (mix or purchased), seasonal fruit, pudding in layers. Salad? Layered salad in the trifle bowl?Hope the Pastor will be a good match for your church :)

I love the whats' for dinner thread :)
I am making tator tot beef casserole ( DH favorite, he requested I make it) with a salad and some kind of dessert ( not sure yet). I have alot to prepare for my party tomorrow so we'll see what I can whip up for dessert.

DH is out of town for a car show (in chilly Duluth, MN), so I'm on my own all weekend. I might go get some pizza-flavored cardboard (Little Caesars) for dinner.

Well, I just made a strawberry banana cream trifle for they guys...Angel food cake
Bananas
Banana Cream Pudding
Whipped Topping
Strawberries
Strawberry JamIf they are daring they can drizzle chocolate on top.I'm now working on a double batch of oatmeal craisin cookies.Then I have to season meat, run to camp for registation then come back deliver all this food and go into work.

chefann said:
DH is out of town for a car show (in chilly Duluth, MN), so I'm on my own all weekend. I might go get some pizza-flavored cardboard (Little Caesars) for dinner.

Well it's 58 in the cities today, so it must be below zero up on the shore! Poor fella- I hope he brought a thermos of hot soup!

janetupnorth said:
Well, I just made a strawberry banana cream trifle for they guys...

Angel food cake
Bananas
Banana Cream Pudding
Whipped Topping
Strawberries
Strawberry Jam

If they are daring they can drizzle chocolate on top.

I'm now working on a double batch of oatmeal craisin cookies.

Then I have to season meat, run to camp for registation then come back deliver all this food and go into work.

Woman- you are on the move more than a traveling group of desert nomads! The oatmeal cookies sound good! Maybe I'll make some of those this weekend since it is so chilly.

Okay, lunch is ready! :)

DH is grilling Country Style Ribs on the grill this evening. I'm fixing a salad. And, I don't know what else we are having. Any suggestions?

Kitchen Diva said:
Well it's 58 in the cities today, so it must be below zero up on the shore! Poor fella- I hope he brought a thermos of hot soup!

He packed jeans and his jacket. And his new dork hat should help keep his head warm. There was some confusion over where specifically the show was - they had space at some convention center and rumor was that the show field would be inside the building. There were only about 70 cars registered as of last week.

i'm off to my beach house for 2 weeks so tonight its burgers on the grill washed down with a ice cold Margarita!! The rest of the week consists of chicken, london broil, shrimp, salads, and whatever else I packed into my truck and coolers!

Have a great week - I will try to check in -

pamperedlinda said:
DH is grilling Country Style Ribs on the grill this evening. I'm fixing a salad. And, I don't know what else we are having. Any suggestions?

grilled asparagus wrapped in thinly sliced prosciutto

Dor- can you get a beach house closer to my house? I could be your personal chef while you are there! :)

PamperedDor said:
i'm off to my beach house for 2 weeks so tonight its burgers on the grill washed down with a ice cold Margarita!! The rest of the week consists of chicken, london broil, shrimp, salads, and whatever else I packed into my truck and coolers!

Have a great week - I will try to check in -

all right, MARGARITAS :) made my batch to put in the freezer for tomorrow.
Tastefully Simple Mango margaritas, a must try so delicious. Could put a strsw in the bucket and drink it all myself. What happens next might not be pretty though :) ha ha Dor, I am still trying to get DH to let me come to the beach house and then to NC in Chicago, but I don't think he is quite going for it, darn killjoy :(

janetupnorth said:
Well, I just made a strawberry banana cream trifle for they guys...

Angel food cake
Bananas
Banana Cream Pudding
Whipped Topping
Strawberries
Strawberry Jam

If they are daring they can drizzle chocolate on top.

I'm now working on a double batch of oatmeal craisin cookies.

Then I have to season meat, run to camp for registation then come back deliver all this food and go into work.

YUM, that sounds heavenly!!

Well, we ended up not going to the church potluck. DH didn't get in in time & I had a cleaning frenzy today. So, we're going to mom's to grill.

Squash & zuchhini on the grill, rib-eyes & chicken, fried green tomatoes & I'm not sure what else.

Kitchen Diva said:
Woman- you are on the move more than a traveling group of desert nomads! The oatmeal cookies sound good! Maybe I'll make some of those this weekend since it is so chilly.

Okay, lunch is ready! :)

Just saw this and you made me chuckle!

Yes, it was a chaotic day. It took 4 hours to register 15 people at camp! No, I'm NOT that slow, they just didn't show up on time and the last 2 kids to come didn't have their medical forms in ahead of time...grr...

After that I was a little ticked about wasting that much of the day...I ended up canceling going into work tonight and took the kids to the Fire Station instead. They road bikes around the lot for 3 hours while I spent time with Steve and the others doing Field Day (once a year exercise for Ham operators...).

The trifle went over well! I made it in the large stainless bowl so I could make a bigger one. I didn't bring a bit home.

The cookies went slower but about 2-3 dozen were eaten. I left the rest for snacks overnight for them.

merego said:
YUM, that sounds heavenly!!

Turned out good - see above post!

The flavors went together well!

1. Where can I find the "Oh Where, Oh Where Did Our Dinner Thread Go?" thread?

The "Oh Where, Oh Where Did Our Dinner Thread Go?" thread can be found on the Pampered Chef community forum under the "Recipes and Meal Ideas" section.

2. Why can't I access the "Oh Where, Oh Where Did Our Dinner Thread Go?" thread?

The "Oh Where, Oh Where Did Our Dinner Thread Go?" thread may have been temporarily removed for maintenance or updates. Please check back later to see if it has been restored.

3. Can I still participate in the "Oh Where, Oh Where Did Our Dinner Thread Go?" thread?

Yes, you can still participate in the "Oh Where, Oh Where Did Our Dinner Thread Go?" thread by posting your dinner ideas and recipes on the community forum. Alternatively, you can also join the discussion on social media using the hashtag #PamperedChefDinners.

4. Is the "Oh Where, Oh Where Did Our Dinner Thread Go?" thread only for Pampered Chef products?

No, the "Oh Where, Oh Where Did Our Dinner Thread Go?" thread is open to all types of dinner ideas and recipes, regardless of whether they use Pampered Chef products or not. We encourage our community to share and try out new and creative meal ideas.

5. How often is the "Oh Where, Oh Where Did Our Dinner Thread Go?" thread updated?

The "Oh Where, Oh Where Did Our Dinner Thread Go?" thread is updated on a weekly basis, typically every Monday. However, our community members are welcome to post and share their dinner ideas and recipes at any time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • rennea