• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Glasses, Is It Worth Ordering Online?

In summary, Linda got a pair of glasses and she needs opinions. The white ones are new, the brown ones are old. Sarah likes the white ones better. Carolyn likes the brown ones better.
I'm hoping to get 3 more pairs of glasses today or tomorrow!! I can't wait to see them! And yes, Janet, you can have astigmatism, my Rx was really easy to follow! And for the PD, on my Rx is has 28, but you need to DOUBLE that number!! HTH~look for more pics soon!! hehe

They're here! They're here!My new glasses are here!!

Some pictures....

My old glasses

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/Kellysoldglasses.jpg

My new blue framed glasses (these have the magnetic clip on sunglass lenses)

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/Newblueframeglasses.jpg

My new copper framed glasses

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/Newcopperframeglasses.jpg

My new sparkly green (rhinestones on the sides) sunglasses

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t24/KellyTheChef/Newsparklygreensunglasses.jpg

I love them all!! I am so jealous that I cannot find me prescription to order the red ones I want!!!!!:love:

I just noticed...sorry the pictures came out so blurry! Guess taking my own picture didn't work so well....

KellyTheChef said:
I just noticed...sorry the pictures came out so blurry! Guess taking my own picture didn't work so well....

I like all of them Kelly. Were they hard to order? I need a new pair and the price is so right!!! (I usually only wear mine at home becuase my face has gotten to fat since I got my last pair and they leave indents on my head! I would like to wear them out when I don't care to wear my contacts.)

Definately the white, although I think it's smart to get some in other colors since they are so Cheap!!!

VERY Cute!!!

ROTFLMAO- I thought this was about the new glasses/plastic cups PC came out with! :) But I do like your new glasses! The blue are great on you!!

heather223 said:
I like all of them Kelly. Were they hard to order? I need a new pair and the price is so right!!! (I usually only wear mine at home becuase my face has gotten to fat since I got my last pair and they leave indents on my head! I would like to wear them out when I don't care to wear my contacts.)
Heather...they were not hard to order at all! You just need your prescription, and your PD (pupilary distance) which either you can get from your eye doctor (this doesn't change over time) or the website tells you how to have someone else measure it for you. DH measured mine!

I told DH even if I only ended up liking ONE of the three pair, I was still WAY ahead price wise...$85 for three pair compared to $400 for ONE pair...no comparison!

Kelly~I like them all!! The sunglasses are really cute! You look like a "rockstar" as my 4 yo dd would say...how the heck does she know that line??!! I got my other new ones too....I need to take pics & upload!

:thumbup: My new glasses should arrive any day now!! :thumbup: I’m very excited.

I ordered a pair of reading glasses. I just graduated to "progressive lens". For all you young folk, that is the kinder, gentler term for bifocals.

I tried to buy a pair of "cheaters" (reading glasses) at the drugstore, but I have an astigmatism and they are uncomfortable to wear. I want something that I can use when I’m reading in bed. When there is a cat on your chest and you have to hold the book over your head to read, bifocals just don’t work.

Got my Drs. Office to fill in the numbers for these readers. On the way home I decided I should have got the numbers for sunglasses (far away vision).

I would never attempt to buy a pair of bifocals or progressives from this website because I had to have my glasses adjusted (eventually they had to replace the lenses) to make them comfortable for me to wear. I was getting sick to my stomach with the first pair.:yuck:

KellyTheChef said:
Heather...they were not hard to order at all! You just need your prescription, and your PD (pupilary distance) which either you can get from your eye doctor (this doesn't change over time) or the website tells you how to have someone else measure it for you. DH measured mine!

I told DH even if I only ended up liking ONE of the three pair, I was still WAY ahead price wise...$85 for three pair compared to $400 for ONE pair...no comparison!

Thanks Kelly~~ going to get DH to measure mine now!! :chef:

chefjeanine said:
:thumbup: My new glasses should arrive any day now!! :thumbup: I’m very excited.

I ordered a pair of reading glasses. I just graduated to "progressive lens". For all you young folk, that is the kinder, gentler term for bifocals.

I tried to buy a pair of "cheaters" (reading glasses) at the drugstore, but I have an astigmatism and they are uncomfortable to wear. I want something that I can use when I’m reading in bed. When there is a cat on your chest and you have to hold the book over your head to read, bifocals just don’t work.

Got my Drs. Office to fill in the numbers for these readers. On the way home I decided I should have got the numbers for sunglasses (far away vision).

I would never attempt to buy a pair of bifocals or progressives from this website because I had to have my glasses adjusted (eventually they had to replace the lenses) to make them comfortable for me to wear. I was getting sick to my stomach with the first pair.:yuck:
Oh, goodie! Another old fart.

Let's compare surgeries!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Oh, goodie! Another old fart.

Let's compare surgeries!

Luckily (thank you God!) I have no surgeries to compare.

Told my eye Dr. I was ticked because I had to get the progressive lenses and he told me with my particular eye problem (I can't see far away) "it will be quite awhile before you'll need help with reading". I figured I'd be at least 50 before I needed bifocals and I'm not 50 yet!

Well, let me let you in on one of the great secrets of life . . .Your eyesight doesn't get better as you get older.

chefjeanine said:
Luckily (thank you God!) I have no surgeries to compare.

Told my eye Dr. I was ticked because I had to get the progressive lenses and he told me with my particular eye problem (I can't see far away) "it will be quite awhile before you'll need help with reading". I figured I'd be at least 50 before I needed bifocals and I'm not 50 yet!

Don't feel bad...I need reading glasses (the nice way to say bifocals if you wear contacts).

I was first told that at 30 but pushed it off 'til mid-thirties.

Don't feel bad needing them before 50!

KellyTheChef said:

Kelly - All 3 look great on you. You are one of those people that wears glasses well and they look great on your face.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, let me let you in on one of the great secrets of life . . .

Your eyesight doesn't get better as you get older.

Mine did!:D I just had an eye-exam in December, and my new prescription is actually weaker than the one I had before - my eyesight has gotten better!

Actually, the optometrist said it was because I will probably need bifocals in a couple years. It's all part of the process!:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Actually, the optometrist said it was because I will probably need bifocals in a couple years. It's all part of the process!:rolleyes:

He-he - THAT explains it. I was so happy about 2-3 years ago when mine got better, and then last year they seemed to take a nose dive (or is that eye dive?) again...now I'm sitting with bad vision, astigmatism and "should" be wearing reading glasses.

I just find myself pushing my screen away and holding papers further away to read. It isn't bad until I have to fix a very small part or thread a needle or something... :rolleyes:

I need to suck it up though because last time I went to put a wire in place it was quite blurry and I don't want to mess with electricity!

janetupnorth said:
It isn't bad until I have to fix a very small part or thread a needle or something... :rolleyes:

I LOVE :love: the fact that I don't have to take my glasses off to read the fine print. It got to the point where I was reading the paper and watching TV with my glasses on the top of my head until I really wanted to see something on the televsion.

Also great that I can read the fine print on clothing labels when I'm doing laundry. Seems silly, but it does make life easier.

ChefBeckyD said:
Mine did!:D I just had an eye-exam in December, and my new prescription is actually weaker than the one I had before - my eyesight has gotten better!

My mom's eye sight improved as well. She wore glasses from a teenager until her mid-40's, and then, bang, her eyesight was 20/20. She's now 66 and still doesn't need glasses for anything (except the sun:D ).

On the other hand, I need longer arms:cry:. I can't read close-up anymore.

ChefBeckyD said:

My mom's eye sight improved as well. She wore glasses from a teenager until her mid-40's, and then, bang, her eyesight was 20/20. She's now 66 and still doesn't need glasses for anything (except the sun:D ).

On the other hand, I need longer arms:cry:. I can't read close-up anymore.

Don't forget the progressives for your sunglasses, too."Gee, I'm sorry officer. I can't get far enough away from the speedometer to see it clearly. I thought it said, "35," not "85."

I just ordered a pair! I called Walmart and they told me my prescription. I had been putting if off b/c I knew it was expired and did not figure they would give it to me. They did though!I guess since I did not want a written, signed on from the dr it was no problem.

Can't wait to get them! Hope they get here before I have Cole b/c I need some that I can see out of for the hospital.

Will keep u posted!

Thought I would post these Paula Deen reading glasses here. They are not near strong enough for me to order.

http://www.pauladeen.com/category/42

jrstephens said:
Thought I would post these Paula Deen reading glasses here. They are not near strong enough for me to order.

http://www.pauladeen.com/category/42
I love those! But, I'm too cheap to pay that much $$ for reading glasses!

Oh man, I so want to order glasses from this site, but here's my problem. I need to be careful how big my glasses are because of how thick my lenses are based on my prescription, and because of this, I have a really hard time getting noline bifocals (which I desperately need), because I don't end up with enough room for either the bifocal section or for my much needed vision section (I can't even get out of bed without my glasses otherwise I'll walk into a wall). I tried progressive lenses, but after 2 weeks of falling down stairs, walking into walls, and being extremely dizzy, I gave up on these type of lenses.Anyone with these kind of concerns ordered from here? If so, how were you able to determine which frames to purchase?ETA: See that pic in my avatar? Well, I couldn't see the person taking the photo, that's how bad my eyesight is.

I am all with you on bad eyesight. I cannot see the E on the chart. I do not have to have bifocals though, so, I cannot chime in on that. I do have stigmatism.

I do not have my glasses yet, so, I cannot say how well they worked.

To get the size I wanted to order, I took my old glasses, measured them and compared them to the sizes on the website. I love the size of me old glasses, so, I ordered the ones that I liked that were the closest to their size. Does that make sense?

I'm with you Linda on the price of the PD ones!

jrstephens said:
I am all with you on bad eyesight. I cannot see the E on the chart. I do not have to have bifocals though, so, I cannot chime in on that. I do have stigmatism.

I do not have my glasses yet, so, I cannot say how well they worked.

To get the size I wanted to order, I took my old glasses, measured them and compared them to the sizes on the website. I love the size of me old glasses, so, I ordered the ones that I liked that were the closest to their size. Does that make sense?

I'm with you Linda on the price of the PD ones!

When they make me take off my glasses and ask me to read the chart, my response is always "what chart" followed by "where are you"? I also have an astigmatism in both eyes.

Smart idea of measuring my old glasses. Should have thought of that myself, but today I'm not thinking that clearly. LOL

Debala715 said:
When they make me take off my glasses and ask me to read the chart, my response is always "what chart" followed by "where are you"? I also have an astigmatism in both eyes.

Smart idea of measuring my old glasses. Should have thought of that myself, but today I'm not thinking that clearly. LOL

I had to go online to convert centermeters to milimeters, ha!!!

I recently ordered reading glasses from this site because I have astigmatism and am unable to buy reading glasses off the rack. They work fine for reading in bed but don’t fit correctly so would not wear them out of the house. I WOULD NOT suggest you order bifocals online because you need to be able to have the frames and lenses fit perfectly.

Debala715 said:
Oh man, I so want to order glasses from this site, but here's my problem. I need to be careful how big my glasses are because of how thick my lenses are based on my prescription, and because of this, I have a really hard time getting noline bifocals (which I desperately need), because I don't end up with enough room for either the bifocal section or for my much needed vision section (I can't even get out of bed without my glasses otherwise I'll walk into a wall). I tried progressive lenses, but after 2 weeks of falling down stairs, walking into walls, and being extremely dizzy, I gave up on these type of lenses.

You need to go back to wherever you purchased your glasses (I hope it has not been too long) and get them adjusted!!!! They either are not set correctly on your head or you need a little bit different type of lens (still the progressive).

I had the same problem. First they tried to adjust them on my face and that did help a little bit but I was still feeling woozy because there was too my going on at the sides of the lenses (I’m guessing you understand what I mean by this). They replaced the lenses and now I LOVE :love: my progressive lenses. I hate to hear when people have problems with them and just assume that's the way it has to be. This is why it’s important, when you are spending good money, to go where they will provide you with good service.

<h2>1. Are the glasses from zennioptical.com good quality?</h2><p>Yes, the glasses from zennioptical.com are of good quality. Many customers have raved about the durability and overall quality of their glasses from the website.</p><h2>2. How much do the glasses from zennioptical.com cost?</h2><p>The glasses from zennioptical.com can range from $6.95 to $29.95, depending on the type and style of glasses. However, they also offer many affordable options, such as the $18 glasses mentioned in the question. </p><h2>3. Do the glasses from zennioptical.com come with a prescription?</h2><p>Yes, the glasses from zennioptical.com come with a prescription. When placing an order, customers can enter their prescription information or send a copy of their prescription to the website for accurate lenses.</p><h2>4. Can I order sunglasses from zennioptical.com?</h2><p>Yes, you can order sunglasses from zennioptical.com. They offer a variety of sunglasses styles and colors, and some even come with a sunglass clip for an additional fee.</p><h2>5. Is it worth ordering glasses online from zennioptical.com?</h2><p>Many customers have had positive experiences ordering glasses from zennioptical.com. With affordable prices, good quality, and a wide selection of styles, it can be a convenient and cost-effective option for those in need of glasses.</p>

1. Are the glasses from zennioptical.com good quality?

Yes, the glasses from zennioptical.com are of good quality. Many customers have raved about the durability and overall quality of their glasses from the website.

2. How much do the glasses from zennioptical.com cost?

The glasses from zennioptical.com can range from $6.95 to $29.95, depending on the type and style of glasses. However, they also offer many affordable options, such as the $18 glasses mentioned in the question.

3. Do the glasses from zennioptical.com come with a prescription?

Yes, the glasses from zennioptical.com come with a prescription. When placing an order, customers can enter their prescription information or send a copy of their prescription to the website for accurate lenses.

4. Can I order sunglasses from zennioptical.com?

Yes, you can order sunglasses from zennioptical.com. They offer a variety of sunglasses styles and colors, and some even come with a sunglass clip for an additional fee.

5. Is it worth ordering glasses online from zennioptical.com?

Many customers have had positive experiences ordering glasses from zennioptical.com. With affordable prices, good quality, and a wide selection of styles, it can be a convenient and cost-effective option for those in need of glasses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
  • shuttermonster
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Rori Arce
Replies