• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deciding on the New Kit After 200 Shows - Is It Worth The Cost?

In summary, if you don't need all the products in the kit, it's only $155 to get them. The kit includes the mini-muffin-pan and the chef's tool slotted turner which are both gifts. You can also get the MP adj grater and the bar pan as backups.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
So...I got my letter today that I can order a new kit since I submitted my 200th show.
But I am torn...do I REALLY need it?
Do I really need to spend the $155?
Most of my stuff is in decent shape - I have replaced a few things over the years when I have submitted self-collected catalog shows, or when family members have hosted shows and said to me "YOU take the free products..."
So...am I crazy to pass up the opportunity to get all this stuff for only $155?

First off....you said you have it all. Second....I am your conscience speaking....it took you forever to clean out that office of yours. Do you really NEED more stuff?

Of course I don't know what I would do.

are you sure it's 155?? I thought it was supposed to be at a discount?

chefkristin said:
First off....you said you have it all. Second....I am your conscience speaking....it took you forever to clean out that office of yours. Do you really NEED more stuff?

Of course I don't know what I would do.

You are SO good for me, Kristin.
((((((((((((Kristin)))))))))))))

I totally forgot about this....

I am still working on replacing my products that were stolen but it will be a while before I submit another 37 shows.

Smashie said:
are you sure it's 155?? I thought it was supposed to be at a discount?

Yup - it's $155 -- it IS a discount - I'd be getting like $500 worth of stuff for $155...wowwwwwww, $500 worth of stuff for only $155...dangit - talk me down Kristin, talk me down!!!

I did it.....probably didn't need to, but I couldn't pass it up.:)

(((((((((CAROLYN)))))))))

Right back at ya girl;) ;) !!!

DO you get the whole kit? Like the paperwork and everything?

It's gonna take me the rest of my life to get that many shows...lol!

DON"T DO IT!!!!!!!!

pcchris said:
DO you get the whole kit? Like the paperwork and everything?

It's gonna take me the rest of my life to get that many shows...lol!

No, it is only the products - it does not include the paperwork box.

chefkristin said:
DON"T DO IT!!!!!!!!

But it includes the mini-muffin-pan and the chef's tool slotted turner. I don't have those!

I'd do it........it anything they would be GREAT GIFTS!!!

don't Carolyn!!!! Think Clean-think Organized!!!!

Boy, that'd be a tough call...I don't know if I could say no,
but Carolyn, YOU'RE STRONG...DON'T GIVE IN TO THE TEMPTATION!!! LOL!!

dannyzmom said:
But it includes the mini-muffin-pan and the chef's tool slotted turner. I don't have those!
So buy them silly!!!!

dannyzmom said:

I HATE my slotted turner........I have to return it, its all messed up. I only used it one time!

I wont even bring it to my shows.

.......sorry for playing devils advocate.....LOL

Smashie said:
I HATE my slotted turner........I have to return it, its all messed up. I only used it one time!

I wont even bring it to my shows.
That is how I felt about the dumb red rubber mitt. I know that isn't the right name.

Smashie said:

You're a bad influence.
I think I like you ;)

chefkristin said:
don't Carolyn!!!! Think Clean-think Organized!!!!

My office has fallen to crap again. It's looking l ike it did in teh "before" pictures.
I really need to Jilley-it-up.
Where the hell is she!?!?!?

dannyzmom said:
You're a bad influence.
I think I like you ;)

LOL, I have NEVER been told THAT before. :D :eek: ;)

OK then what the heck---get it!!!!:thumbup: :rolleyes:

dannyzmom said:

So get those on your next "free" products you can get and 'DON'T SPEND THE $155'

You are a director and you earn so much in free products do you really need more that you have two?

Smashie said:

Yeah, that is what I said about all those extra items that are still in my closet.

(I am trying to be the voice of reason here. Wishing I would to myself more often)

Well, I was just thinking - like, what if my UM breaks...it's be good to have a backup. Oh wait. I have a backup of that one. OK - like the MP Adj Grater - I don't have abckup of that and if I ordered the replacement kit, then I 'dhave a backup. Ditto the bar pan and the forged utility knife...

dannyzmom said:
Well, I was just thinking - like, what if my UM breaks...it's be good to have a backup. Oh wait. I have a backup of that one. OK - like the MP Adj Grater - I don't have abckup of that and if I ordered the replacement kit, then I 'dhave a backup. Ditto the bar pan and the forged utility knife...
You are killing me woman!!!!!:yuck:

dannyzmom said:

Speaking of which, mine snapped tonight - I need to see how long the warranty is but think I already looked when it cracked. (sorry for the slight hi-jack.)

To be honest - $155 for the amount of products you get it is a great deal

AND a tax write off.... (gee I don't help much, do I?)

Now tell me how you got everything organized. I think it is my goal of every weekend and it never gets done.

chef_kimmo said:
Speaking of which, mine snapped tonight - I need to see how long the warranty is but think I already looked when it cracked. (sorry for the slight hi-jack.)

See Kristin??? What if mine snaps???

chef_kimmo said:
Now tell me how you got everything organized. I think it is my goal of every weekend and it never gets done.

It took me a few days - check back on the older threads about office organization. I just Jilleyed-it-up. But Ihave totally let it go lately and need to get back to Jilleying.

Ok people.....Carolyn sounds a bit like me. I buy things to buy things. It doesn't matter if I NEED them or not. I am trying to do my good deed for the day and help her with her problem! ;)

If I had the chance though.......I would be on that deal like a fly on turd! LOL!!!!
Sorry I am a bit slap happy.

chefkristin said:
Ok people.....Carolyn sounds a bit like me. I buy things to buy things. It doesn't matter if I NEED them or not. I am trying to do my good deed for the day and help her with her problem! ;)

If I had the chance though.......I would be on that deal like a fly on turd! LOL!!!!
Sorry I am a bit slap happy.

EXACTLY!!!!!!
You and I are totally alike.
Now forget slap-happy...just beotch-slap me into submission and confescate my PC debit card 'til the shopping urge passes!!

If you really need to buy something to ease your pain go buy some pledge and start cleaning.!!!:angel:

Sorry, for jumping in, just got home from dinner, but I say buy 'em! You can a) use them for gifts - b) have replacement ones and - c)have a kit set and a home set if you want, and then you don't have to pack up all the time... only bring what's in the kit and maybe a piece or 2 more if you choose. Just my 2cents, but we all know I have a shopping problem (I spent a good $500 on clothes, shoes and a coach purse in the last 2 weeks...). and once again, you can write it off your taxes; now if I could only find a way to write off a coach purse... hmm...

dannyzmom said:
EXACTLY!!!!!!
You and I are totally alike.
Now forget slap-happy...just beotch-slap me into submission and confescate my PC debit card 'til the shopping urge passes!!

I do the same thing. It is a great price and I really "need" this and it was such a good deal because then I am stressed about the money later.

GourmetGirl said:
Sorry, for jumping in, just got home from dinner, but I say buy 'em! You can a) use them for gifts - b) have replacement ones and - c)have a kit set and a home set if you want, and then you don't have to pack up all the time... only bring what's in the kit and maybe a piece or 2 more if you choose. Just my 2cents, but we all know I have a shopping problem (I spent a good $500 on clothes, shoes and a coach purse in the last 2 weeks...). and once again, you can write it off your taxes; now if I could only find a way to write off a coach purse... hmm...
ALISON!!!!!!!

You can just jump on the wagon with me and Carolyn!!! I don't need anythbing I buy.LOL! I have a minor problem!!! Ok Its a Major problem.

GourmetGirl said:

You needed that purse for your recruit interviews!

chefkristin said:
ALISON!!!!!!!

You can just jump on the wagon with me and Carolyn!!! I don't need anythbing I buy.LOL! I have a minor problem!!! Ok Its a Major problem.

Can I join your club?? I do the exact same thing. I can't pass up a good deal. I don't buy too much stuff full price but if it is on sale I NEED IT!!

chefheidi2003 said:
Can I join your club?? I do the exact same thing. I can't pass up a good deal. I don't buy too much stuff full price but if it is on sale I NEED IT!!
Of course you can!!!!! :D

Buy it and sell them at a discounted price on here to us! Did I just say that out loud?

GourmetGirl said:
... c)have a kit set and a home set if you want, and then you don't have to pack up all the time... only bring what's in the kit and maybe a piece or 2 more if you choose....

That's what I was going to say. I've always wanted to have a designated kit, and this would be the way to get one!

Hi everyone...my name is Chris and I'm a shop-a-holic...

(In unity...) "Hi Chris!"

chef_kimmo said:
You needed that purse for your recruit interviews!

Kim, that's some pretty good motivation to get some interviews! I love your reasoning!

And thank you for welcoming me into the cheffers society of shopaholics. I hearby call the first meeting to order. Now the only rule for this society is to never talk about fight club (oh wait, wrong club)... the one and only rule to to not tear each other apart about purchases, but to congratulate and rationalize any and all purchases made; especially if said cheffer is completing 3-2-1 :)

"Hi, my name is Ellen, and I too am a 'shop-a-holic.'" The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

but ellen, we're not here for recovery... we're here to support our habit :angel: :D :rolleyes: :angel:

GourmetGirl said:
but ellen, we're not here for recovery... we're here to support our habit :angel: :D :rolleyes: :angel:

Then I guess I'm in the right place!!!:D

<h2>Do I REALLY need the new kit after 200 shows?</h2><p>It ultimately depends on your personal situation and needs. If your current products are in good shape and you have replaced items as needed, then you may not need the new kit. However, the new kit may offer updated or improved products that could enhance your demonstrations and sales. It's important to consider the potential benefits and weigh them against the cost.</p><h2>Is it worth the $155 cost?</h2><p>Again, this depends on your individual circumstances. The new kit may offer a variety of products at a discounted price, making it a good value. However, if you don't feel that you will use or need many of the items included in the kit, it may not be worth the cost for you.</p><h2>Do I really need to spend the money?</h2><p>Ultimately, the decision to purchase the new kit is up to you. While it may offer a good value, it's important to consider your budget and whether the products included will be beneficial to your business. If you feel that you can continue to successfully run your business with your current products, then it may not be necessary to spend the money on the new kit.</p><h2>Am I crazy to pass up this opportunity?</h2><p>Not necessarily. It's important to make informed decisions and consider your individual circumstances. If you feel that the new kit will greatly benefit your business and you have the means to purchase it, then it may be worth it. However, if you feel that your current products are sufficient and you don't want to spend the money, that is also a valid choice.</p>

Do I REALLY need the new kit after 200 shows?

It ultimately depends on your personal situation and needs. If your current products are in good shape and you have replaced items as needed, then you may not need the new kit. However, the new kit may offer updated or improved products that could enhance your demonstrations and sales. It's important to consider the potential benefits and weigh them against the cost.

Is it worth the $155 cost?

Again, this depends on your individual circumstances. The new kit may offer a variety of products at a discounted price, making it a good value. However, if you don't feel that you will use or need many of the items included in the kit, it may not be worth the cost for you.

Do I really need to spend the money?

Ultimately, the decision to purchase the new kit is up to you. While it may offer a good value, it's important to consider your budget and whether the products included will be beneficial to your business. If you feel that you can continue to successfully run your business with your current products, then it may not be necessary to spend the money on the new kit.

Am I crazy to pass up this opportunity?

Not necessarily. It's important to make informed decisions and consider your individual circumstances. If you feel that the new kit will greatly benefit your business and you have the means to purchase it, then it may be worth it. However, if you feel that your current products are sufficient and you don't want to spend the money, that is also a valid choice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • kam