• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deciding on the New Kit After 200 Shows - Is It Worth The Cost?

In summary, if you don't need all the products in the kit, it's only $155 to get them. The kit includes the mini-muffin-pan and the chef's tool slotted turner which are both gifts. You can also get the MP adj grater and the bar pan as backups.
Maybe we should start planning a huge shopping trip for national conference next summer! That way we can also have a thread for motivating each other to save some $$ so we can totally go wild on Michigan Ave in July!!

GourmetGirl said:
Maybe we should start planning a huge shopping trip for national conference next summer! That way we can also have a thread for motivating each other to save some $$ so we can totally go wild on Michigan Ave in July!!
Well now, doesn't that just sound perfect?????
Count me in!

I did the math!Okay Carolyn,

I'm going to help you out here (or maybe confuse you some more :grumpy: ). I did the math and the value of the products in the kit is $418.75 (see attached). If you were to buy all of the products that is what you'd pay. But if you were to buy them on one of your host orders (in this case one who reached the 30% discount) you would pay $293.13. Then you would get commission on it. I'm assuming here that with your Director over-rides and your high sales that you reach the 30% commission rate so your commission on this would be $87.94. This would net out to $192.06 for the products.

I'm further assuming that you probably don't want ALL of the products that are in the kit (I could be wrong) so there would even be more of a savings.

So, my vote is DO NOT BUY THE KIT!!!! You won't get commission on it. And....I hope that this will persuade you.....

TRIP POINTS and TPC!!!!!!!

I have started buying all of my product supplies (seasonings and other items) on a host order. You never know when you need just a little bit to push you over to the next level.

Okay, that's my opinion.

Well crapola, I forgot that we can't attach an excel file. Lets see if it will format right in the post:

THE PAMPERED CHEF EXECUTIVE COOKWARE:
8" Saute Pan 38.00
CLASSIC STONEWARE:
Large Bar Pan 29.50
SIMPLE ADDITIONS
Small Bowls (set of 2) 16.00
Small Bowl Caddy 12.50
CHEF'S TOOLS
Slotted Turner 12.00
CUTTING EDGE
Forged Cutlery Utility Knife - 5" 32.00
Ultimate Mandoline 59.50
Microplane Adjustable Grater 26.50
Cutting Board 16.50
Pizza Cutter 9.75
Food Chopper 29.50
KITCHENWARE
Stainless Whisk 12.50
Garlic Press 15.50
Mini-Serving Spatula 4.00
MIX 'N MEASURE
Easy Read Measuring Cup - 2 Cup 10.00
Easy Adjustable Measuring Spoon 12.00
Prep Bowls (sample set of 2) 7.00
Measure All Cup 9.00
Classic Batter Bowl 14.50
KITCHEN COMPANIONS
Small Mix N Scraper 11.50
BAKEWARE
Stackable Cooling Rack 13.50
Mini-Tart Shaper 3.75
Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan 14.75
Chef's Silicone Basting Brush 8.00
COOK'S LIBRARY
Season's Best Recipe Collection 1.00

Kit Value = 418.75

Last edited:
OK...I was gonna say that she should buy it. My Director did this recently (with probably her 1,000 show...!!!) and here's what she's doing with it: Keeping it all together and using it at fairs/booths/our customer appreciation night, etc. Anywhere that she wants to showcase the new kit. Then, it's all pretty looking and new!

But....after reading Linda's post...I think I am changing my mind!
DON'T DO IT!!
Doesn't sound like you need it, anyway!

OH I kind of like the idea of having a new kit just for show.

Ok back to the matter at hand.....DON'T-DON'T-DON'T!!! :D :D :D

not meaning to disturb the shopaholic meeting...but I have a question.
I am approaching show 200 - - with my slow start almost 7 years ago!!! ..it's HIGH TIME...I know!
My kit was a different one...it came with the large pizza stone, deep dish baker, dlx cheese grater, etc
Well, my dlx cheese grater just broke the other day...and even though it was in my kit, it is past the guarantee, so 'too bad, so sad' , I'd have to buy another one.
So then I started thinking about the show 200 thing...and I asked my hosp. director and she didn't think they were doing that any more...but apparently they are still!! YIPPEE!!

My question to you all is, do you pay the current kit price and get the current kit products? ...or would I pay the old kit price (it was $100, not $90, when I started) and get the old kit products, which is what I would need replaced...???

thx...now on to the shopaholics meeting we go!

Nicole, you get the current kit. And it's not after show 200, it's after COOKING SHOW #200. So if you do any catalog/FR/bridal/individual orders in PP, you'll need to keep going until you're past #200 in PP.

Nicole,

Do you need everything in the kit? If I were you, I would either host my own show or buy it on a host order (See if your host will mind of you add your DH as a co-host so you can seperate the orders and have a receipt). I just believe that you should earn commission on what you buy and earn the trip points. Or wait until it's sell-a-thon and boost your incentive points.

On the other hand, since you are just now getting to 200 shows (you know it has to be 200 cooking shows - not total shows- for the kit - right?) then maybe you aren't concerned with Trip Points or incentives. In that case then you might need and want the write-off for business expenses instead. You could go either way.....hard call on this one.

chefann said:
Nicole, you get the current kit. And it's not after show 200, it's after COOKING SHOW #200. So if you do any catalog/FR/bridal/individual orders in PP, you'll need to keep going until you're past #200 in PP.
I wonder why FR and Bridal don't count? There isn't an option on our PWS to add them as a catalog show so technically they are a cooking show.

chefann said:
Is there a way (other than physically counting yourself) to know how many KITCHEN shows you have done?

chefkristin said:
If you really need to buy something to ease your pain go buy some pledge and start cleaning.!!!:angel:

ahem...BITE ME!!!! :D

I would probably just buy it, makes great gifts. Although my PC overflow is nice as it is, I just can't seem to part with any of it. LOL

KellyTheChef said:
Is there a way (other than physically counting yourself) to know how many KITCHEN shows you have done?
Nope. You can sort the list of shows in PP/P3 by type so they're all together. Then they're easier to count.

Ok Linda's breakdown dollar for dollar put my head in the righ tplace. I don't NEED any of the stuff in the kit - actually all I really need is a backup BarPan, the mini Muffin Pan and the slotted turner. So...I am NOT going to do it. I am physically placing the order form in the shredder right now!!

Good for you, Carolyn! Both for passing on the offer and for getting the form off your desk by shredding it right away.BTW, I had to giggle at Kristin's suggestion of what to buy. :D

WIMP!!
You know you wanted it :)
I can't pass up a bargain or a non bargain anywhere
I was admiring my neighbors new purse yesterday she paid $1.50 at Van Husen I like it as much as my brand spanking new Dooney & Bourke thta I paid too much for.
Dooney & Bourke stands for Dumb and Broke as my friend likes to tell me!!

pamperedlinda said:
Nicole,

On the other hand, since you are just now getting to 200 shows (you know it has to be 200 cooking shows - not total shows- for the kit - right?) then maybe you aren't concerned with Trip Points or incentives. In that case then you might need and want the write-off for business expenses instead. You could go either way.....hard call on this one.

about the 'just getting to 200 shows'...
I had a very slow start, I had small kids, and I really wasn't concerned with doing great at the time I signed. I just wanted to get out of the house every now and then, plus we were living about 45 minutes outside of Charlotte, NC - -not a lot of contacts even if I wanted to do really great.
Plus, my director didn't care one way or the other, so I really had no motivation.
I've really picked up speed the past couple years...
year -- show #'s (amount of shows)
2000 --- 0 (signed Dec)
2001 --- 1 - 20 (20)
2002 --- 21 - 34 (14)
2003 --- 35 - 43 (9! -- I moved and went inactive a couple times)
2004 --- 44 - 58 (14)
2005 --- 59 - 97 (38)
2006 --- 98 - 133 (35)
2007 --- 134 - 177 (At end of sept i will be on show #182)(48 -so far)

I definitely care about points, etc...I currently have reached Level 1, and am shooting for level 2 of the trip!:D I earned the $3000 level in June, and with only one week of July able to do shows(Out of town July 11 - Aug 9) I did 3 shows before I left town(Conference and Istanbul), and recruited one while in Istanbul, Turkey!
We all are at different places with Pampered Chef. I'm sure you were just trying to be considerate of what my goals were. And I'd LOOOVE to have more points this year. I've recruited two people (May and July) and have a goal of reaching Director by January. I never wanted to be director until recently.
We also must be careful with ordering things for ourselves, and putting it under someone else's name etc.
Thank you for your info! I didn't know it had to be just kitchen shows...bummer! :cry:

dannyzmom said:
Ok Linda's breakdown dollar for dollar put my head in the righ tplace. I don't NEED any of the stuff in the kit - actually all I really need is a backup BarPan, the mini Muffin Pan and the slotted turner. So...I am NOT going to do it. I am physically placing the order form in the shredder right now!!
I'm so proud of you!

Teresa Lynn said:
WIMP!!
You know you wanted it :)
I can't pass up a bargain or a non bargain anywhere
I was admiring my neighbors new purse yesterday she paid $1.50 at Van Husen I like it as much as my brand spanking new Dooney & Bourke thta I paid too much for.
Dooney & Bourke stands for Dumb and Broke as my friend likes to tell me!!

Bahahahahahah!!!:D :rolleyes: :D

Oh Nicole, I'm so so sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to sound derogatory in my post. I meant that (okay I'm probably digging a deeper hole here!) I thought maybe you were just a hobbiest and that you did PC on a limited basis. I'm so sorry if I offended you it was NOT my intention. I was just trying different scenarios and thought that if you were a hobbiest then the write-off might be a better option in the end.

Okay, have I dug sufficiently deep enough now? If so, then start covering me up! LOL

I have been laughing to myself through this whole thread! I'm so glad you started this one Carolyn; I was going to myself, as I got the letter on Friday also. I have been debating on if I should get it too. Thanks girls, I think you may have talked me out of it too:D I just hate to pass up a good deal though...:rolleyes:

My DH tells me all of the time that there is a saying related to shopping for men vs. women.

Men will spend $3 for a $1 item that they NEED.
Women will spend $1 for a $3 item that they DON'T NEED. Just goes to show that women love bargains, even when we don't need something! :)

pamperedlinda said:
Oh Nicole, I'm so so sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to sound derogatory in my post. I meant that (okay I'm probably digging a deeper hole here!) I thought maybe you were just a hobbiest and that you did PC on a limited basis. I'm so sorry if I offended you it was NOT my intention. I was just trying different scenarios and thought that if you were a hobbiest then the write-off might be a better option in the end.

Okay, have I dug sufficiently deep enough now? If so, then start covering me up! LOL

You are so sweet! And I knew that before I posted my show history. I knew you weren't trying to be derogatory. I appreciate your help, and I knew you were trying to meet me where I was, thanks! I'm not gonna 'start covering you up!" LOL
PS...you are in GA...are you under Donna McDonald? She's my director (SED). She's in Atlanta.

ChefNic said:
You are so sweet! And I knew that before I posted my show history. I knew you weren't trying to be derogatory. I appreciate your help, and I knew you were trying to meet me where I was, thanks! I'm not gonna 'start covering you up!" LOL
PS...you are in GA...are you under Donna McDonald? She's my director (SED). She's in Atlanta.
I feel better now, thanks.

I'm under Dotti Sheperd. In case you don't know who she is she was on the cover of the May Consultant News - awesome lady!

dannyzmom said:
My office has fallen to crap again. It's looking l ike it did in teh "before" pictures.
Mine too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I saw one of my "before" pictures in my slideshow/screensaver and I was like "oh well, that's what it looks like again!"

My office never did get to the "I think I'll take a picture of it" state - lol

I was away yesterday and missed this whole conversation about buying the kit - I did not but it was SOOOOO tempting. I am almost at the point of getting that letter again and am now mulling over the same thing - should I or shouldn't I. I do have EVERYTHING in the catalog (except some of the Stainless cookware which I will have earned soon) and duplicates of many and multiples of many in my attic for those future gifts or incentives and have given family members a ton of PC too. I don't need the kit but it is SUCH a good deal!

I didn't buy it the first time ($90) because I felt like that wasn't a good enough deal (I was upset that it didn't include the paperwork and was the same cost that a new person would spend for more stuff) but now our kit is even better... but I have 2 extra UM's already (don't ask how - I can't remember - it's the shop-a-holic thing).

So, yeah, I wouldn't have been any help in your decision process - glad you came to your "senses" (or did you?).

I am so glad that I read through this thread!! I am getting close to my 200th show, and was thinking of buying it, too, however, I have EVERYTHING in the kit, even the tote, and I even have duplicates of many of them. I'm a shopoholic, too, so this is the last thing I need to be spending my money on - I have drawers and cabinets overflowing with PC products as it is!!! ;-) Thanks for giving me the right perspective!!

I'm shocked! Reading through this thread I thought there was no way Carolyn wasn't going to purchase the kit.

Linda and Kristin, you girls are good!:thumbup: It is soooo hard sometimes to pass up a bargain isn't it?

I think I'm even more surprised, Carolyn that you don't have the mini-muffin pan:eek: . That is one of my must haves for any kitchen. Everytime I do a recipe in it I sell a ton of those...just wish they were a little higher price point when I did;) .

cathyskitchen said:
I am so glad that I read through this thread!! I am getting close to my 200th show, and was thinking of buying it, too, however, I have EVERYTHING in the kit, even the tote, and I even have duplicates of many of them. I'm a shopoholic, too, so this is the last thing I need to be spending my money on - I have drawers and cabinets overflowing with PC products as it is!!! ;-) Thanks for giving me the right perspective!!
The tote is NOT included in the kit you would order at your 200th anniversary (or 400 or 600 etc) for $155.

BethCooks4U said:
The tote is NOT included in the kit you would order at your 200th anniversary (or 400 or 600 etc) for $155.
That just doesn't seem fair.......Okay, now there's another reason NOT to order it.

MicheleC said:
I'm shocked! Reading through this thread I thought there was no way Carolyn wasn't going to purchase the kit.

Linda and Kristin, you girls are good!:thumbup: It is soooo hard sometimes to pass up a bargain isn't it?

I think I'm even more surprised, Carolyn that you don't have the mini-muffin pan:eek: . That is one of my must haves for any kitchen. Everytime I do a recipe in it I sell a ton of those...just wish they were a little higher price point when I did;) .
OK - confession time. Here's my "thing" with the MMP...and this goes back to the very foirst PC show I went to in 1998. I saw it, leaned over to my Step-Dad (he was my date that night) and said "It's just a MMP, I can get one of those anywhere for less $." At that time I already had 2 or 3 MMPs...I ended up buying the Bar Pan and booking a show, then another show, then years later becoming a consultant.
Anyway - I HAD the PC MMP but one of my downline gals needed it so now it's hers. Can someone tell my WHY our MMP is so much better than the one I can get at BB&B or Target? Sell it to me...make me want it!!!

Not sure what the MMP looks like at target or BBB...isn't ours sooooo much sturdier and the non-stick so much better (like a thicker coating or something...)

Oh...and when you sell these, make sure they buy TWO! I only had one for a while, but it seemed like whenever I was making something in it, it took forever cuz I had to do so many batches. (You know...like pecan tassies for Christmas time or something...) So, now I say it is a great item but if you are going to have one...you need to have TWO!!

I'd buy it...think of the great raffles you could have at fairs, booking benefits, etc.

I have had a lot of other MMP's through the years but NONE have really been non-stick. I have always had to use those paper things with my muffins but with ours EVERYTHING just pops right out of it and whatever recipe I make in it is always done perfectly. I have 2 of them and use them both. I also have 2 more in the attic (was going to give them to DILS for Christmas last year but got other PC stuff instead - I go overboard as it is so held them back for later) - I'd be glad to sell them to you Carolyn :p

Carolyn, I'm with you on the MMP.....
went to Kohl's last night and treated myself to the new calphalon dessert pan it makes individual brownies!! :)

Teresa Lynn said:
went to Kohl's last night and treated myself to the new calphalon dessert pan it makes individual brownies!! :)

Do tell more about this pan... I LOVE brownies, and think it would be easier to eat just one if they were individual size...

When I make brownies I cut them into individual sized pieces and put them in ziploc bags. If they are separated that way it's easier to just have one then if they are left in the pan to pick at all evening or day. I wouldn't get a pan just for that - IMHO.

OH WAIT!! We HAVE such a pan in our line - it's called the Silicone Cupcake Pan - awesome brownies can be made in it. Or if you want smaller yet use the mini-muffin pan or even the stoneware muffin pan.

I'd buy it simply because it's nice to have new products to show at fair booths. Usually at my shows I'm using the products so if someone comes up to look at them it doesn't matter that they aren't new, but at booths I like them to look nice. I also sometimes sell the products. If someone says I'd really like to have that today. I'll sell them my display one. I had a lady who wanted the 8" saute, but didn't want to wait to have it shipped to her.

Christ Follower said:
"Hi, my name is Ellen, and I too am a 'shop-a-holic.'" The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.
And then go shopping?:angel:

BethCooks4U said:
When I make brownies I cut them into individual sized pieces and put them in ziploc bags. If they are separated that way it's easier to just have one then if they are left in the pan to pick at all evening or day. I wouldn't get a pan just for that - IMHO.

OH WAIT!! We HAVE such a pan in our line - it's called the Silicone Cupcake Pan - awesome brownies can be made in it. Or if you want smaller yet use the mini-muffin pan or even the stoneware muffin pan.
I'd just have a lot of baggies to throw away.:eek:

new kitIf the two items are the only products you don't have it would be less costly just to purchase them and not the entire kit...something to think about

Susan

OT, but does anyone else ever feel kinda guilty for wanting to buy kitchen stuff NOT from Pampered Chef. I have found that I kinda feel like I am cheating. Silly, I know.

Ugh...I am on number 131...but only 77 actual cooking shows so far!

missydivine said:
I'd just have a lot of baggies to throw away.:eek:

At least yours would make it to the baggies:D .

That really stinks that you don't get the paperwork OR the tote!! I am almost to 200 and was going to get the new kit mainly for that darned tote!

I would defintitely do it... even if your product samples are in good shape you could give as gifts or use as incentives for booking...

Chef Kearns said:
That really stinks that you don't get the paperwork OR the tote!! I am almost to 200 and was going to get the new kit mainly for that darned tote!
I got the tote with mine! :)

Okay, okay...I'm calming down now! Thank you for that Becky! I didn't earn it with my new recruits and I really wanted that tote! Hooray hooray!

I would do it. You can use the products that you already have as a cash and carry at your shows. People always like that option. Or you will have some nice gifts to give for the holidays.

<h2>Do I REALLY need the new kit after 200 shows?</h2><p>It ultimately depends on your personal situation and needs. If your current products are in good shape and you have replaced items as needed, then you may not need the new kit. However, the new kit may offer updated or improved products that could enhance your demonstrations and sales. It's important to consider the potential benefits and weigh them against the cost.</p><h2>Is it worth the $155 cost?</h2><p>Again, this depends on your individual circumstances. The new kit may offer a variety of products at a discounted price, making it a good value. However, if you don't feel that you will use or need many of the items included in the kit, it may not be worth the cost for you.</p><h2>Do I really need to spend the money?</h2><p>Ultimately, the decision to purchase the new kit is up to you. While it may offer a good value, it's important to consider your budget and whether the products included will be beneficial to your business. If you feel that you can continue to successfully run your business with your current products, then it may not be necessary to spend the money on the new kit.</p><h2>Am I crazy to pass up this opportunity?</h2><p>Not necessarily. It's important to make informed decisions and consider your individual circumstances. If you feel that the new kit will greatly benefit your business and you have the means to purchase it, then it may be worth it. However, if you feel that your current products are sufficient and you don't want to spend the money, that is also a valid choice.</p>

Do I REALLY need the new kit after 200 shows?

It ultimately depends on your personal situation and needs. If your current products are in good shape and you have replaced items as needed, then you may not need the new kit. However, the new kit may offer updated or improved products that could enhance your demonstrations and sales. It's important to consider the potential benefits and weigh them against the cost.

Is it worth the $155 cost?

Again, this depends on your individual circumstances. The new kit may offer a variety of products at a discounted price, making it a good value. However, if you don't feel that you will use or need many of the items included in the kit, it may not be worth the cost for you.

Do I really need to spend the money?

Ultimately, the decision to purchase the new kit is up to you. While it may offer a good value, it's important to consider your budget and whether the products included will be beneficial to your business. If you feel that you can continue to successfully run your business with your current products, then it may not be necessary to spend the money on the new kit.

Am I crazy to pass up this opportunity?

Not necessarily. It's important to make informed decisions and consider your individual circumstances. If you feel that the new kit will greatly benefit your business and you have the means to purchase it, then it may be worth it. However, if you feel that your current products are sufficient and you don't want to spend the money, that is also a valid choice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered.chris
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kcjodih
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • kam