• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Glasses, Is It Worth Ordering Online?

In summary, Linda got a pair of glasses and she needs opinions. The white ones are new, the brown ones are old. Sarah likes the white ones better. Carolyn likes the brown ones better.
sarahlegare
Hi everyone! I just got a pair of new glasses & I need opinions!! I *think* I like em, but they are bold...I need honest opinions! The white ones are new, the brown ones are old....which do u like better?? I got the white ones from zennioptical.com ~ for, ready?? $18!!!!!!!!! Prescription, sunglasses, hard case & shipping!!!!!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: There are VERY nice quality!

I WILL be ordering another pair, cause they are really nice quality, and for $18 (or $14 if no sunglass clip) I can totally use a couple pairs!!!!

newwhiteglasses.jpg

oldglasses.jpg

I like them both, but the brown ones almost look too small for your face (or is it just the picture?)

Also - I think the white ones brighten your eyes :)

Thanks Linda! The brown ones are 6 years old!!! I got them right after I had my son (who turned 6 in August), so it totally makes sense that they look too small!! AND they are scratched & stretched ..... I think the white ones are funky!! I think I'm gonna order the same style as the white ones, in a darker color~I think they had brown! Thanks for the input!!

I like the white ones too!!

Another vote for white. Although a red version would be fun, too!

Sarah! Thanks so much for the scoop!

I'm waiting for my new pair of (expensive) glasses to arrive any day now.....the ones I have now I got when I was pregnant (4 yrs ago!) so I needed a new pair.....but I said to DH when we were picking them out that I wish I could get several pair to go with my outfits.....now - I can! Whoo Hooo! I am totally loving that site!

YAY~I'm so glad I went bold!! If they would have been expensive, I don't think I would have done it!! I LOVE THAT SITE!!!! Our insurance doesn't cover eyes, so it's all out of pocket....which can be SOOOOOO much!! Anyways, yeah, I'll definately be getting more!!

sarahlegare said:
YAY~I'm so glad I went bold!! If they would have been expensive, I don't think I would have done it!! I LOVE THAT SITE!!!! Our insurance doesn't cover eyes, so it's all out of pocket....which can be SOOOOOO much!! Anyways, yeah, I'll definately be getting more!!

Exactly! I had so much fun trying on all sorts of funky glasses - but knew I couldn't put that much money into something really trendy (we don't have eye coverage either) - but this is the same price as picking up a pair of sunglasses at Target! I've already found a couple styles that would be so much fun!

(And I really like yours too! New glasses are like an instant mini-makeover aren't they?:thumbup: )

Great site - I was hoping that I could order reading glasses there, but it doesn't look like I can :(

I vote for the white also. I will have to check out the website. Sounds like fun.

I need new glasses too. I'll have to check out the site.

Oh, I like the white ones.

I Like them both as well

Love the white! Awesome!!

I like 'em both - you look adorable in both shots!

Carolyn~You're so kind!! Thanks!! Anna, my 4 year old, took the pic!

Totally the white ones...

Why is it that those of us who need to wear glasses will live with the crappiest pair forever? I have had my current frames for about 6 years but I detest wearing my glasses. I should just go get lasered..or is it lazed...or what?

Ooh- I had Lasik in 2002. Love not having to wear glasses any more! Of course, it will not eliminate the need for reading glasses as one ages. But I deal with that when I have to.

Sarah~

I really LOVE the white ones. That style looks so cute on you! For that price, I would go and order a few additional colors too!

I just had my eyes checked on Monday of this week, so I have my new prescription....but haven't gotten glasses. I *thought* someone my DH knows (who owns a shop and sells glasses) was going to "trade" me a new pair of glasses and DH was going to build him a computer. Ended up it's the guys FRIEND who needed the computer built, so no new glasses for me. My glasses have been the same for SEVEN years! I am sooooo wanting new ones (and need new ones) and I have always daydreamed of having more than one pair of glasses to choose from! I told DH before that someday when we are rich...I will have about 6 pair of glasses and a few pair of sunglasses! I am going to check out that website now! How quick did you get your glasses? Have to fax in your Rx? OK, I will shut up now...and just go look! :)

OK...one more question: what is the style number of your glasses?

How the heck did you pick out a style with only looking at pictures???

KellyTheChef said:
Sarah~
How quick did you get your glasses? Have to fax in your Rx? OK, I will shut up now...and just go look! :)

Thanks Kelly! I got my glasses in about 1 week! They came in a hard cover case w/ a wipe cloth & I also got clip on sunglasses!! My Rx is kinda old, but we can't afford a trip to the eye Dr. & new glasses, so when a friend told me about this site, I thought, "too good to be true..." I figured they would need a date of the Rx, but all the need is exactly what is on the Rx for #'s. The one thing that confused me was the PD (Pupillary Distance)~you need to double the # on your Rx. Other than that, it's super easy to follow!! The frames I chose look similar to the style of my old ones, so I kinda knew what I was going for! I think mine are actually from the $9.95 section, one the page where they give the most popular of the $$ range, it's one of the ones featured!! #3384... I decided on white cause I have a really cute pair of white sun glasses & I thought just maybe these would be cute!! Anyway, I will be ordering more tonight, as will my best friend Carol, my mom, my MIL & my hubby wants a pair too!! Why not?!!??
Oh yeah, that's for your input! We'll all have to post updated pics when we get our new 'eyes'!!

Wow Sarah,
too bad you don't get any type of referral incentive after all this...looks like you should have about 20 pr. when everyone gets done going to that site. ha ha
gotta check it out, too...there are 7 of us in my family and only my 15 year old doesn't wear glasses or contacts...ouch!!!! Gotta take out a second mortgage just for glasses!

Very cute! And thanks for that info....our insurance doesn't cover glasses either (doesn't really cover anything actually), so we may have to check that out soon!

Yeah, a referral would be cool!! I don't think they do it though!! If they do, put my name it!! Sarah Legare!!! Thanks everyone!

Thanks again for the site Sarah...I told DH when I get my super commission check on the 8th that I will be ordering a few new pair for me! Yippee!!

Make sure you post a pic of your new glasses~if anyone orders some!!

sarahlegare said:
Make sure you post a pic of your new glasses~if anyone orders some!!
Will do!

I was looking at the shape of your face, and then the demensions of the glasses you got...trying to figure out if similar glasses would look nice on me. I am still worried about buying them without trying them on, but for the price...I can't beat it! I could buy about TWELVE pair from there for the price I paid for the glasses I have currently. Guess I can afford to give them a try!

I looked on there too. I need a new pair. The lens keep falling out of mine. I just wear them at night when it gets late and I take my contacts out. I am worried about not liking them once they get here too, but if they do it would not be that much money wasted and not the first time I have wasted $15-20!

My husband told me it did not matter if they looked right or not b/c no one but him and Luke would see them, haha!

These are the ones I am thinking about. They look similiar shaped to the Tommy Hilfiger ones I have now. I want them in red:D !

Zenni Optical - Complete prescription eyeglasses from $8.00

Jennifer~

I say go for it! Especially since you are only going to be wearing them around the house! I like the red...some of the ones I am looking at are blue, burgandy, and a cool green pair that I want made into sunglasses! I can't wait till the 8th so I can order them!

Show us what they look like when you get them!

Love the red glasses Jennifer.

I love funky glasses! I've had to resort to wearing reading glasses these past few years :( otherwise I can't read a darn thing! I wish that site had readers, I like some of the frames over there. I bought these on ebay not too long ago.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/readingglasses.jpg

Linda~

Those are cool...if I needed reading glasses I could get away with those! I can't see me in them 24/7 though! DH would REALLY think I had lost it!

I had some that were a really cool zebra stripe, but they were really cheap and broke pretty fast (ya get what ya pay for!) and I'm forever putting them on top of my head which isn't so good for them. Anyhow, there's a really cool pair of red readers with rhinestones that I'm thinking about getting!

Oh No!!I went to get my prescription out of my purse that I have had in there for a while (it is about 1 yr expired, so for two years) and I CANNOT find it!! I am so mad!! I was sitting down to order them.I have alway kept it in my billfold in case I was ever away from home and one of my contacts tore and I needed it. It had the eyeglass prescription on it too!! I am sure they will not give me another one since it is SOOO expired!! I am just so upset! I was excited as could be about getting some that wear not falling apart!! and that was cheap!!!

I do not have to go back for a while b/c before my prescription ran out I bought 6 months worth of contacts and since I do not sleep in them, I make mine last about 9 months or longer! I did not need any when I ordered them but I always do that so I do not have to go back every year.

UHHHH!:mad:

Thanks for that site Sarah!!! I just got new glasses in December but I may have to check that site out for another pair!!! Thanks!!

Jennifer~

I would call the place that gave you your Rx. Maybe they will give it to you again...doesn't hurt to ask!

I ordered THREE pair of glasses this morning for $88!!

One pair are normal glasses (#3253, brown)
One pair are sunglasses (#2233, green)
One pair are glasses with the magnetic sunglass pop-on lenses (got an extra set of these in case I lose one!) (#5005, blue)

I can't wait to get them!

ETA: KG caught a typo!!

Last edited:
KellyTheChef said:
I ordered THREE pair of glasses this morning for $88!!

One pair are normal glasses (#3253, brown)
One pair are sunglasses (#2233, green)
One pair are glasses with the magnetic
sunglass popon lenses (got an extra set of these in case I lose one!) (#5005, blue)

I can't wait to get them!

They're the required grey color, right? They have to be in order to conform to the standard of Grey Popon.

http://www.kraftfoodservice.com/NR/rdonlyres/38CA502F-E66D-4B7E-9CAE-7996E8E849DC/0/GP_jug.gif

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
They're the required grey color, right? They have to be in order to conform to the standard of Grey Popon.

http://www.kraftfoodservice.com/NR/rdonlyres/38CA502F-E66D-4B7E-9CAE-7996E8E849DC/0/GP_jug.gif
Of course!!

The white ones balance out your face and brighten you up. I really like them.

I TOTALLY missed this thread back when it started!

My eyes are pretty bad but too chicken for lasik (plus the total cost - yikes!)

I wear disposable contacts and just got some new gas permeable ones a few months back to correct my astigmatism better. I'm definitely needing reading glasses though on top of it all - yikes! I'm really not THAT old!

I haven't looked at the site closely yet - does it accept prescriptions with astigmatism?

i wear my glasses so infrequently that I only by a pair every 3-4 years (and only because my prescription still changes so I'm forced to).

Janet~

It has you fill out your prescription...not sure how yours would be different.
Places for Spherical, Cylindrical, Axis, Prism, Base....you also need to know your pupillary distance but if that's not on your Rx you can call the place where you got your glasses....that doesn't change. If they don't have it/won't give it to you, it tells you on the site how to have someone measure it for you!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

KellyTheChef said:
Of course!!

Pardoan, but do you have any grey poupon your sandwich?

Eeeeuuuuwwww... :yuck:That's what happens in our house when the birds fly around at lunchtime. Although it's not grey, it's green.

Thanks for sharing the website! I like your new glasses!! :)

janetupnorth said:
i wear my glasses so infrequently that I only by a pair every 3-4 years (and only because my prescription still changes so I'm forced to).

You sound like me!!!

chefann said:
Eeeeuuuuwwww... :yuck:

That's what happens in our house when the birds fly around at lunchtime. Although it's not grey, it's green.
And here I thought "mustards" were all that was left behind when the mouse was gone.

(This gag works better in person where I can use an accent on "mousetard" and the little "mus." Read it out loud a couple of times, you'll get it eventually.)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
And here I thought "mustards" were all that was left behind when the mouse was gone.

(This gag works better in person where I can use an accent on "mousetard" and the little "mus." Read it out loud a couple of times, you'll get it eventually.)
DH uses that joke all the time. Mostly because he hates mustard.

Musses can also make an awful muss in an old car, and they leave a lot of mustards behind.

<h2>1. Are the glasses from zennioptical.com good quality?</h2><p>Yes, the glasses from zennioptical.com are of good quality. Many customers have raved about the durability and overall quality of their glasses from the website.</p><h2>2. How much do the glasses from zennioptical.com cost?</h2><p>The glasses from zennioptical.com can range from $6.95 to $29.95, depending on the type and style of glasses. However, they also offer many affordable options, such as the $18 glasses mentioned in the question. </p><h2>3. Do the glasses from zennioptical.com come with a prescription?</h2><p>Yes, the glasses from zennioptical.com come with a prescription. When placing an order, customers can enter their prescription information or send a copy of their prescription to the website for accurate lenses.</p><h2>4. Can I order sunglasses from zennioptical.com?</h2><p>Yes, you can order sunglasses from zennioptical.com. They offer a variety of sunglasses styles and colors, and some even come with a sunglass clip for an additional fee.</p><h2>5. Is it worth ordering glasses online from zennioptical.com?</h2><p>Many customers have had positive experiences ordering glasses from zennioptical.com. With affordable prices, good quality, and a wide selection of styles, it can be a convenient and cost-effective option for those in need of glasses.</p>

1. Are the glasses from zennioptical.com good quality?

Yes, the glasses from zennioptical.com are of good quality. Many customers have raved about the durability and overall quality of their glasses from the website.

2. How much do the glasses from zennioptical.com cost?

The glasses from zennioptical.com can range from $6.95 to $29.95, depending on the type and style of glasses. However, they also offer many affordable options, such as the $18 glasses mentioned in the question.

3. Do the glasses from zennioptical.com come with a prescription?

Yes, the glasses from zennioptical.com come with a prescription. When placing an order, customers can enter their prescription information or send a copy of their prescription to the website for accurate lenses.

4. Can I order sunglasses from zennioptical.com?

Yes, you can order sunglasses from zennioptical.com. They offer a variety of sunglasses styles and colors, and some even come with a sunglass clip for an additional fee.

5. Is it worth ordering glasses online from zennioptical.com?

Many customers have had positive experiences ordering glasses from zennioptical.com. With affordable prices, good quality, and a wide selection of styles, it can be a convenient and cost-effective option for those in need of glasses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
  • shuttermonster
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Rori Arce
Replies