• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Tips for Brownie Pizza! Cooking Disaster!

In summary, Beth in PA successfully made a Banana Split Brownie Pizza on the Large Round Stone today using the "cake-like" instructions. She was practicing and did not have a host's oven, so she was very careful. Her oven ran out of parchment paper so she had to clean it off the bottom. She also followed the recipe instructions perfectly and the brownie turned out great. She will try the recipe again tomorrow and report back.
ChefBeth2
I attempted to make the Banana Split Brownie Pizza on the Large Round Stone tonight -- fortunately, I was just practicing and not at a host's house!! :) I followed the directions completely, putting parchment paper down and spreading it to a 14" circle -- and it ran all over the inside of my oven!!!

I really want to make this for a church picnic tomorrow, and I'm willing to clean out my oven and give it another try -- but I wanted to seek out any tips and advice from other consultants who have made this before!

Thanks!

Beth in PA (grateful for a self-cleaning oven!)

Beth,I make this recipe at alot of my shows. Here's the key....it does expand a great deal. I make the recipe by the "cake like" instructions. Next make sure your parchment paper is the same size as the stone. When pouring the batter onto the parchment paper start in the center of the stone. Guide the batter leaving at least one inch from the edge of the stone. You will probably not use all of the batter. After the brownie is done and has time to cool, I take my chefs knife and carefulling glide it between the brownie and the parchment. Before topping the "pizza" I trim the parchment paper somewhat - for appearance purposes.I too ended up cleaning this up off the bottom of my oven the first time I tried!!Hope this help you!! It's a great recipe once you get the batter down.

Thanks, Lisa!I'll give it another try in the morning -- I'm cleaning my oven now!!!

It does look like an awesome recipe -- I just got the Woven Round Tray and wanted to show off the stone and tray at a church picnic tomorrow -- I'll let you know how it turns out!!!

Beth in PA

ChefBeth2 said:
I attempted to make the Banana Split Brownie Pizza on the Large Round Stone tonight -- fortunately, I was just practicing and not at a host's house!! :) I followed the directions completely, putting parchment paper down and spreading it to a 14" circle -- and it ran all over the inside of my oven!!!

I really want to make this for a church picnic tomorrow, and I'm willing to clean out my oven and give it another try -- but I wanted to seek out any tips and advice from other consultants who have made this before!

Thanks!

Beth in PA (grateful for a self-cleaning oven!)

I trace the stone onto the parchment paper and cut perfectly fitting circles. I use the entire batter, it has always stayed. I spread out the batter to the size of a plate. I want my brownie to be thick so it doesn't over cook. Good luck!

I made this at a show last night!:D It goes over very well and yes the key is the "cake-like" brownies.:p Like others have said, it works perfectly once you get the batter down!:) Good Luck!

I like to use the Ghiradelli chocolate chunk brownies for the base.. YUM!
Makes for a very decadent dessert, especially with a fine quality vanilla bean ice cream alongside it.. okay. now i am hungry. :)

This sounds really good..... where can I find the recipe??

I always make a small circle in the center so when it spreads, its ok. I always use the EAD and top it with cool whip even if the recipe doesn't call for it. I always sell a couple that way.

Gillian, here you go:

Banana Split Brownie Pizza
1 package (19.5 oz) brownie mix
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese softened
1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple, drained
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup nuts
Strawberries
Banana
Chocolate syrup
Preheat oven to 375. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Place Parchment Paper on 15-inch Baking Stone. Pour brownie mixture on paper and spread into 14-inch circle. Do not bake without Parchment Paper or batter will run off stone while baking. Bake 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over brownie crust. Slice banana and strawberries. Chop nuts. Arrange fruits and nuts on top of cream cheese mixture. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Chill.

1. How do I prevent my brownie pizza from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your brownie pizza from sticking to the pan, make sure to grease the pan with cooking spray or butter before adding the brownie batter. You can also use parchment paper to line the pan for easy removal.

2. What can I use as toppings for my brownie pizza?

You can get creative with your toppings for brownie pizza! Some popular options include chocolate chips, nuts, caramel sauce, fresh fruit, and whipped cream. You can also add a drizzle of melted chocolate on top for extra flavor.

3. How do I know when my brownie pizza is done baking?

The best way to check if your brownie pizza is done is by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, your brownie pizza is ready. You can also gently press the center of the pizza with your finger - if it bounces back, it's done.

4. Can I make a gluten-free or vegan version of brownie pizza?

Yes, you can! There are many gluten-free and vegan brownie mixes available in the market. You can also make your own using alternative flours like almond or coconut flour and replacing eggs with flax eggs. Make sure to check the ingredients of your toppings for any allergens.

5. How do I store leftover brownie pizza?

To store leftover brownie pizza, let it cool completely and then wrap it tightly with plastic wrap or foil. It can be stored at room temperature for 1-2 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Reheat in the oven or microwave before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • jesusluvsu2005