• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Brownie Pizza for Tonight's Show: Oven Mishaps and Lessons Learned

In summary, the person making a Brownie Pizza for a show tonight ran into some difficulties when they used the wrong size brownie mix and ended up with a burnt mess in their oven. They then fixed their mistake by using less batter and are hoping it turns out well. The recipe for the pizza can be found in the Stoneware Sensations Cookbook and includes a crust made with brownie mix and almonds, topped with cream cheese, whipped topping, and fresh berries. The pizza yields 16 servings and has 330 calories and 20 grams of fat per serving.
StacieB
Gold Member
I have a show tonight and I am Making a Brownie Pizza. I made the batter and did what I was supposed to do. Well half way through baking I smell burnt chocolate. Sure enough ran over the edge, parchment paper and everything. Oven is a mess and house smells terrible. Well I then read that i used the wrong size brownie mix. So I mix another one up and use less batter. I sure hope that it doesn't taste burnt from the oven. I made one the other day to practice and it worked great!! UGH!!! :(

Ooo! What a bummer. I'm sure your brownies will be fine. Have a great show!

StacieB said:
I have a show tonight and I am Making a Brownie Pizza. I made the batter and did what I was supposed to do. Well half way through baking I smell burnt chocolate. Sure enough ran over the edge, parchment paper and everything. Oven is a mess and house smells terrible. Well I then read that i used the wrong size brownie mix. So I mix another one up and use less batter. I sure hope that it doesn't taste burnt from the oven. I made one the other day to practice and it worked great!! UGH!!! :(

Is the recipe for Brownie Pizza on here or do you have it?

It is out of the Stoneware Sensations Cookbook. Berry Patch Brownie Pizza!!

I don't have that cookbook, could you post the recipe?

Berry Patch Brownie Pizza

Crust
1 pkg Brownie Mix (21 oz0
1/3 c whole unblanched Almonds

Topping
1 Pkg (8 oz) Cream Cheese
1 T sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
1 pint fresh strawberries, divided
1/2 c fresh raspberries
1/2 c fresh blueberries
1 T vanilla chips, grated

Preheat Oven to 375. Line 15" Round baking stone with parchment paper. (Do not bakes without Parchment as batter will run off stone during baking. For Crust, prepare Brownie Mix in Classic 2 Qt Batter Bowl according to package directions. Chop Almonds using Food Chopper, stir into batter. Spread batter onto parchment to within 1 inch of edge. Bake 18-20 minutes until set. (Do not overbake) Cool Completely.
For topping, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in 1 Qt. Batter Bowl; mix until well blended. Fold in Whipped Topping. Use Food Chopper, chop enough strawberries to measure 1/2 cup; stir into cream cheese mixture. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly onto brownie. Slice remaining strawberries with Egg Slicer Plus; arrange over cream cheese mixture. Top with raspberries and blueberries. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate vanilla chips over fruit. Cut Pizza with Pizza Cutter; serve with mini serving spatula.

Yields 16 servings.

330 calories 20 grams of fat per serving

Related to Making a Brownie Pizza for Tonight's Show: Oven Mishaps and Lessons Learned

1. What is the best way to prevent oven mishaps when making a brownie pizza?

The best way to prevent oven mishaps when making a brownie pizza is to make sure your oven is preheated to the correct temperature and to use a timer to keep track of the baking time. It's also important to avoid overfilling the pan and to place a baking sheet underneath the pan to catch any potential spills.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the brownie pizza?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate that you prefer for the brownie pizza. However, it's important to keep in mind that different types of chocolate may have different melting points, so you may need to adjust the baking time accordingly.

3. How can I make sure the brownie pizza is evenly cooked?

To ensure even cooking, make sure the brownie batter is spread evenly in the pan and use a toothpick to check for doneness in the center of the pizza. If the toothpick comes out clean, the pizza is ready to be removed from the oven.

4. Can I add toppings to the brownie pizza before or after baking?

You can add toppings before baking, such as nuts, chocolate chips, or marshmallows, but it's important to keep in mind that they may sink into the batter during baking. If you want to add toppings after baking, make sure to let the pizza cool for a few minutes before adding them so they don't melt too much.

5. How can I make the brownie pizza look more visually appealing for the show?

To make the brownie pizza more visually appealing, you can use a piping bag to add decorative swirls of frosting on top, or you can use cookie cutters to create fun shapes with fruits or candies as toppings. You can also add a drizzle of melted chocolate or caramel for added texture and flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies