• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Pampered Chef Ins. Cover Smoke Damage??

In summary, someone made burnt chocolate chips and the smoke alarms went off. The person then forgot to remove the chip bowl before the show and the oven filled with smoke.
gailz2
Gold Member
I had this nice little show last night, all was going well while I was making the Warm and Nutty Caramel Brownies. The brownies were in the oven and the chocolate was melting in the microwave behind my demo table. I was on a roll. Then I smelled something -- I quickly whipped the brownies out of the oven even though the timer had not yet gone off. Phew. I went on with the show, people were very interested.

Then...... someone said why is all the smoke coming from the microwave -- it was billowing out. I grabbed a mitt and removed my prep bowl full of smoking, burnt choc. chips. The smoke alarms did not go over as they had old batteries -- the house was full of smoke and we aired it out some and went on with the show, which turned out $485 so far. At the end of the show people were impressed that the prep bowl cleaned up nicely when I dumped the hard, burnt chocolate mess out of it.:blushing:

After apologizing again, I went home. I washed my hands and could still smell smoke all night long. I feel so bad. I hope her apartment doesn't smell as bad as my hands.

I was wondering, does PC cover us for any mishaps in case I were to get sued or asked to pay for smoke damages?? This is a slight concern, not sure at all it will become a reality, but a concern for now and in the future.

To say the least, I was quite embarrassed, but others didn't seem so concerned. At least I could laugh at myself.

I don't know the answer, but I did the same thing to the chocolate chips in the micro at the only show I did the brownies at. Only, my brownies never got done - even after an hour in the oven. I don't know what happened, I make brownies all the time.

I've made this recipe several times and have never had a problem -- until I set the microwave timer to 30 min last night instead of 30 seconds and then forgot about it. Try the recipe again. Everyone absolutely loves it.

I don't know the answer to this, but thought I'd share a funny story.

On a Thursday night, I made a beautiful Chicken Parmasean for dinner, I was quite impressed as my food never looks pretty! I baked it for what seemed like forever, I asked my BF to check to see if it was done while I finished up the sides. He said yep, done and pulled them out of the oven. He got a piece of chicken out for his son to cut up and it was COMPLETELY RAW!!! So he takes the chicken off of the noodles and puts it on one of those horrible flat cookie sheets... of course I'm still not paying attention until the smoke comes rolling out of the oven! all of the grease and juices from the chicken rolled right off to the bottom of the oven, smoke alarms are going off, his kid is crying, the dogs are howling, and he said "ehh I'll clean it later" So he continues to cook the chicken like that we have all the windows open and are running fans with below 50 degree weather outside! Dinner finished cooking and things turned out great!

Now, the next night was my personal show! I had a consultant coming to my house... we had decided to make the cheeseburger salad, and no oven was needed, so I didn't bother with making sure it was cleaned that night. She walks in with the ingredients to make those brownies! I was like WHAT?!? I gotta clean my oven or we are going to get smoked out of here! I've never cleaned an oven so fast in my life! I've moved to a new home and this was going to be the first time most of my family and friends had been here, so I wanted everything to be perfect! LOL She told me she's never seen anyone clean an oven that fast, and amazingly, I didn't get dirty at all!!!

We preheated the oven before anyone came, and a little trace of smoke came out, but it wasn't as bad as it would have been, I lit some candles and things turned out fine!

Hopefully this gave you a chuckle even though it doesn't answer your question!

Hopefully this doesn't become a reality...

I did the same thing w/ the choc chips..

Chances are good that the odor is gone by now. If you're really concerned, call the HO to ask what the insurance covers.

I'm so relieved to hear others have had similar cooking disasters. Thanks for making me feel better.

We pay $2 every month towards insurance coverage. It's taken out automatically from our checks. It's to cover things like fire, damage, etc.

I thought the Insurance covers mishaps like that at our Shows. But I agree, call HO and they will let you know.

I did the chocolate chips in a prep bowl at one of my very first shows, before the "interactive" method was introduced, and several guests wanted to help. I guess we were interactive before interative was "cool"...ha! Anyway, I told the guest in charge of the chocolate chips to stop the timer every 20 seconds to stir them with the Skinny Scraper...and she accidentally forgot. The chocolate was all but on fire, smoke everywhere, yuck!!! It's a year later, but we still have a good laugh about that now.

Yes, I think our liability insurance will cover any damages.

1. What does Pampered Chef's insurance cover?

Pampered Chef's insurance covers accidental damage to kitchen tools and equipment during demonstrations or parties, as well as liability for injuries that occur during these events. It does not cover smoke damage.

2. Is smoke damage covered under Pampered Chef's insurance?

No, smoke damage is not covered under Pampered Chef's insurance. The insurance only covers accidental damage to kitchen tools and equipment during demonstrations or parties, and liability for injuries during these events.

3. Can I purchase additional insurance for smoke damage?

Pampered Chef does not offer additional insurance specifically for smoke damage. However, you may be able to add on to your existing homeowner's or renter's insurance to cover smoke damage.

4. What should I do if my kitchen tools or equipment are damaged by smoke during a demonstration?

If your kitchen tools or equipment are damaged by smoke during a demonstration, you should contact your homeowner's or renter's insurance provider to see if they can cover the damage. Pampered Chef's insurance does not cover smoke damage.

5. Can I file a claim for smoke damage with Pampered Chef's insurance?

No, Pampered Chef's insurance does not cover smoke damage. If your kitchen tools or equipment are damaged by smoke during a demonstration, you will need to file a claim with your homeowner's or renter's insurance provider.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvs2sellit
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • chefbilyeu
  • General Chat
Replies