• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Smoke Plagues Florida & Georgia: Prayers Needed

In summary, according to the First Coast News article, the fires in Florida and Georgia are causing a lot of smoke, which is making people's allergies and sinuses worse. People are also reporting that their dogs are trying to get away from the smoke. The article recommends using saline nasal spray and keeping the pollen count in mind.
luvs2sellit
Anybody else suffering from all the smoke from Florida and Georgia? My town has been shrouded in smoke since last Sunday. It is really bad. Our cars are covered in ashes. The school traffic directors were wearing masks this morning. My 2 labs that have never been any trouble have broken out of their pens 3 times this week! And I don't mean digging under, they literally broke through chain link fencing in 3 different spots to get out. I think they are totally freaked out by the smoke. We need some rain so badly, please keep that in your prayers.

I'm with you Laura. We've had smoke and haze here too (I'm 30 mins south of the airport). I woke up the other morning and was wondering what was on fire, then realized it was from the fires in FL/GA. We need rain badly! The yard just crunches under my feet, the only thing green around here is my veggie garden (that I water).

Definitely praying for all y'all. Been there, done that with fires, but not as bad as what you guys are in now.

Be careful...praying for you!!!

okay, one more thing. I have had a sinus headache the last couple days just knowing that it was due to the smoke. I never ever get headaches or allergy problems. Well, my nose just started bleeding.:eek: I don't think I have ever had a nose bleed. The smoke is crazy people! It is horrible here! I work at a doctors office and we are seeing so many people with breathing problems.

My prayers are with everyone... I can't even imagine that...

I must live in a bubble-What is going on there?

It was really bad here for the last 3 weeks or so - this week it has finally cleared up. I think the smoke played a big role in my having difficulties kicking the bronchitis. I hope it clears up for you up there soon!!

I remember one year they were having really bad fires in Canada and MA was in a fog for like 2 days!! They must have been doozy fires. It looked like a cloudy day but the sun was out and brite-we just couldn't see it due to the smoke. CRAZY!!

luvs2sellit said:
Anybody else suffering from all the smoke from Florida and Georgia? My town has been shrouded in smoke since last Sunday. It is really bad. Our cars are covered in ashes. The school traffic directors were wearing masks this morning. My 2 labs that have never been any trouble have broken out of their pens 3 times this week! And I don't mean digging under, they literally broke through chain link fencing in 3 different spots to get out. I think they are totally freaked out by the smoke. We need some rain so badly, please keep that in your prayers.

That's horrible!! I"m so sorry to hear this!

Animals know things...remember the wild animals right before the tsunami running for the higher land? They knew! Your dogs are probably sensing danger and trying to get away!

I hope things get better soon!! Praying for you!
I don't remember this happening in FL/GA before? It usually happens out west...doesn't it?

luvs2sellit said:
okay, one more thing. I have had a sinus headache the last couple days just knowing that it was due to the smoke. I never ever get headaches or allergy problems. Well, my nose just started bleeding.:eek: I don't think I have ever had a nose bleed. The smoke is crazy people! It is horrible here! I work at a doctors office and we are seeing so many people with breathing problems.

Go to the pharmacy or grocery store and buy a bottle (one for each member of your household) of saline nasal spray -- use it at least twice a day until the smoke is gone -- it helps keep your nasal passages moist. My ENT has me use it every day during the winter because of the dry heat from the heater. I used to get awful nosebleeds before I started using nasal spray -- and it's just water with a light salt solution in it, no chemicals.

My pediatrician also recommended for my daughter and gave me a recipe to make my own (but I found it easier to use the infant drops on her).

Thanks everyone. As the day has progressed the smoke has cleared up quit a bit. You can actually see the sky now.

Normally every spring there are a lot of fires in Florida. It is our dry season. The fires are pretty prevalent (SP?) until rainy season kicks in. Luckily today it is nice and clear. Yesterday a little hazy and smokey.

We've had really bad fires but the worst one is on the Florida/Georgia border. Well, guess what? That's where I am right now!:eek: For the last 4 days, my eyes have been glassy and bloodshot so I went to the pharmacy today and asked the guy what is wrong and he thinks I have a allergic reaction to all the smoke and eveyrhting.:rolleyes: So, I bought some allergy reduction eye drops so hopefully they kick in soon. THEY HURT SOOO BAD!!!:(

Hope everyone stays safe.:p

Related to Smoke Plagues Florida & Georgia: Prayers Needed

1. How did the smoke plagues in Florida and Georgia start?

The smoke plagues in Florida and Georgia are caused by large wildfires that have been burning in the region due to dry conditions and strong winds.

2. Are there any evacuation orders in place for the affected areas?

Yes, there are evacuation orders in place for certain areas where the wildfires are burning. It is important to follow these orders and evacuate if necessary for your safety.

3. Has Pampered Chef taken any action to help those affected by the smoke plagues?

At Pampered Chef, we are committed to helping those in need. We have made donations to organizations that are providing aid to those affected by the wildfires and are also offering support to our employees and consultants in the affected areas.

4. How can I help those affected by the smoke plagues?

There are several ways to help those affected by the smoke plagues. You can make a donation to organizations providing aid, offer support to friends and family in the affected areas, or even volunteer your time to help with relief efforts.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take if I live in or near the affected areas?

If you live in or near the affected areas, it is important to stay informed about the current situation and any evacuation orders. You should also limit your outdoor activities and wear a mask to protect yourself from the smoke. It is also important to have an emergency plan in place in case you need to evacuate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
Replies
Views
3RingChef