• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Suggestions for Appetizers/Sides for Nye Dinner!

Instructions:Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease two baking dishes.In a large bowl, combine soup, mayonnaise, garlic, and pepper. Pour into prepared dishes.Sprinkle cheese over top.Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix together broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower.Serve cheese-covered broccoli mixture and mixed vegetable bake together.
AJPratt
Silver Member
We usually get together with another couple for New Year's Eve. We usually do a garden salad, filet mignon (our friends bring from their butcher!) and stuffed baked potatoes and creme brulee for dessert. I would love to add another side or two and put out an appetizer other than the cheese and crackers we normally do. Suggestions?

I love the Hot Artichoke Dip. You can get the recipe behind CC.There's also a Vegetable Bake recipe behind CC that's really good--frozen broccoli and cauliflower, cheese, topped with fried onions. It always gets rave reviews when I make it.

Greek Cheese Torta is always a favorite for us.

Steamed Wonton Purses! YUM! If you are already having cheese and crackers, I wouldn't do another dairy based appetizer. If you are looking for something simple, melon balls wrapped with prosciutto is good, and would be nice with cheeses.

For a side, with stuffed baked potatoes and a salad...I would think something like roasted asparagus or zucchini...or if you are going to grill the filet, grilled asparagus or zucchini. Or a medley, like zucchini, peppers, 'shrooms....either roasted or grilled. You already have your greens and your starch, so go with a lighter veggie.

ChefBeckyD said:
Steamed Wonton Purses! YUM! If you are already having cheese and crackers, I wouldn't do another dairy based appetizer. If you are looking for something simple, melon balls wrapped with prosciutto is good, and would be nice with cheeses.

For a side, with stuffed baked potatoes and a salad...I would think something like roasted asparagus or zucchini...or if you are going to grill the filet, grilled asparagus or zucchini. Or a medley, like zucchini, peppers, 'shrooms....either roasted or grilled. You already have your greens and your starch, so go with a lighter veggie.

OMG!! Just read Beckys post, NOW I have to go eat.....THANKS!! :cry:

Anne, can I have your recipe for stuffed potatoes and creme brulee? Sounds awesome, I am having belated family Christmas on NYD. Any special way to make your fillet mignon?

chili-lime meatballs for an app! Easy peasy to make and store/transport well in the DCB :thumbup:

I'm trying the Lobster Newburg dip from the Apps cookbook for NYE as my treat. I didn't get around to making it for Xmas Eve. My mother always used to do lobster newburg on NYE for the adults when I was a kid.

Have you tried sauteed mushrooms with the filet?

cookn' katie said:
Anne, can I have your recipe for stuffed potatoes and creme brulee? Sounds awesome, I am having belated family Christmas on NYD. Any special way to make your fillet mignon?

my suggestion: Keep it simple!!!! Salt and Pepper and that is IT!! With such a great cut of meat, no need to jazz it up! We either grill them or I just do them in my 12in skillet with EVOO!!:chef:

cookn' katie said:

Hi, Katie! For the potatoes, I scrub and dry them. Poke them with holes. Brush with EVOO and roll is kosher salt. Wrap in foil and bake in 325 oven for about an hour. I put butter, sour cream, chives from my garden, cheddar cheese, and chopped bacon in SA bowls. I let everyone stuff their own! LOL

For the meat, I just sprinkle on a little Season All seasoned salt and a little fresh ground pepper. That's it. We grill until the meat is about 130.

The creme brulee is a recipe from a 1950's Better Homes & Gardens cookbook I treasure. I will try to find a way to post it. Super easy!

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone. Still trying to figure it out!

Good Luck, but most of all....Have Fun!!!!

DebbieJ said:
I love the Hot Artichoke Dip. You can get the recipe behind CC.

There's also a Vegetable Bake recipe behind CC that's really good--frozen broccoli and cauliflower, cheese, topped with fried onions. It always gets rave reviews when I make it.

This sounds YUMMY! Not behind our CC though..would anyone be willing to share? Please? Thanks in advance! :)

kcjodih said:
This sounds YUMMY! Not behind our CC though..would anyone be willing to share? Please? Thanks in advance! :)

I'm checking for you.....

I can't find it....

Last edited:
Crunchy Mixed Vegetable Bake
Ingredients:
1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
3 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower vegetable blend
1 can (2.8 ounces) French fried onion ringsDirections: 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine soup, mayonnaise, garlic and black pepper in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. Stir in cheddar cheese.
2. Place frozen vegetables in Rectangular Baker. Spoon soup mixture over vegetables. Mix to coat vegetables evenly.
3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until hot. Remove from oven. Sprinkle fried onions over vegetable mixture. Return to oven 5 minutes or until onions are golden. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servingsNutrients per serving: Calories 312, Total Fat 24 g© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.
The Pampered Chef

DebbieJ said:
Crunchy Mixed Vegetable Bake
Ingredients:
1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
3 packages (16 ounces each) frozen broccoli, carrots and cauliflower vegetable blend
1 can (2.8 ounces) French fried onion rings

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine soup, mayonnaise, garlic and black pepper in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. Stir in cheddar cheese.
2. Place frozen vegetables in Rectangular Baker. Spoon soup mixture over vegetables. Mix to coat vegetables evenly.
3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until hot. Remove from oven. Sprinkle fried onions over vegetable mixture. Return to oven 5 minutes or until onions are golden. Serve immediately.

Yield: 12 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 312, Total Fat 24 g

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.
The Pampered Chef

Thanks Deb....:D

I am doing the pesto puff pastries! YUMMY!

Thanks Deb :) and thanks for trying Ginger :)

Related to Need Suggestions for Appetizers/Sides for Nye Dinner!

What are some easy and delicious appetizers for a New Year's Eve dinner?

Some easy and delicious appetizers for a New Year's Eve dinner could include mini quiches, bruschetta, cheese and crackers, shrimp cocktail, and fruit skewers.

What are some vegetarian options for appetizers and sides?

Vegetarian options for appetizers and sides could include stuffed mushrooms, roasted vegetables, spinach and artichoke dip, caprese salad skewers, and vegetable spring rolls.

What are some gluten-free options for appetizers and sides?

Gluten-free options for appetizers and sides could include gluten-free crackers and cheese, grilled shrimp with a gluten-free dipping sauce, stuffed peppers, roasted chickpeas, and a fruit and cheese platter.

Can I make appetizers and sides ahead of time?

Yes, many appetizers and sides can be made ahead of time and reheated or served cold. Some examples include dips, cheese platters, and roasted vegetables.

Do you have any suggestions for easy and elegant appetizers and sides?

For easy and elegant appetizers and sides, you could try prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, smoked salmon and cream cheese bites, stuffed dates, brie and cranberry phyllo cups, and roasted brussels sprouts with bacon and balsamic glaze.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies