• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need November Recipe Suggestions Asap - Please Help!

In summary, the host is looking for an appetizer/munchie recipe that is quick and easy to make, and something they can do in under an hour. She is also looking for something that features the DDB.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Okay, first I need to breathe. That's a little better :)

I'm having my first cooking show in 3.5 months next weekend for a past host who lives 45 minutes away. Her and her friends and family have 4-6 shows a year with me and have done 22 since I started in November 04. I hadn't heard from them since last December so I thought maybe I was replaced with a local consultant. Alot of them were on my mailing list still receiving my newsletters though.

I got a call 3 weeks ago from this gal wanting to host a show. She'd been to one the end of September held by another consultant and got the itch again but called me instead :)

So I was going to suggest either the Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp or the Baked Potato Soup since those are the only one's I've tried and it features the DDB. Unfortunately she had the Soup at the last show and doesn't want it again. She'd like to use my baker and do the 30 minute chicken (which I've NEVER done so I'm heading to the search function to look up the different threads, Becky's especially) but wants something else. I suggested the garlic bites to go with the chicken but she said no, she wasn't serving the chicken, she just wanted to show them it COULD be done in 30 minutes and was going to serve it for dinner :rolleyes:

She's asking for a munchie type recipe and her show is 1:30 Sunday afternoon. I have a show the night before at 7 so I'd like to offer the same to both (that host and I are speaking tomorrow night) or alot of similiar products since I'll be washing and repacking.

So what are you making for November?

What appetizer/munchie recipe would you recommend?

I'd like something easy but not too easy only because they seen many recipes so it can't be too simple/boring but I still want it quick/semi-easy because there's usually 1/2 dozen children running around and total chaos/chattiness :rolleyes: They're good for multiple shows so I take the good with the bad :)

Please, please, please help!! I'm supposed to email her tomorrow with a few choices and have no idea what to offer. Thank you!

I've had really great success with the Steamed Wonton Purses. (I serve them with Ginger Wasabi Sauce, and Thai Peanut Sauce) If you want it to be an out and out appetizer show, also do the Pineapple Rum Sauce over Cream Cheese w/ crackers, and the oil dipping seasonings w/ french bread.

The Ham and Cheese Calzone is great, and more a munchie if the crowd is large. I use regular mustard instead of dijon, because most people have it already. I also use cheddar instead of swiss because my hosts so far haven't been a big fan of the swiss.

This month I'm doing the Autumn Apple Cherry Crisp (to feature the DCB) or the Elegant Artichoke Cups (as a quick, easy appetizer for holiday entertaining). And with both I'm doing the Cran-Raspberry Fizz as a second recipe.

Just an idea but if the host is going to use your DCB to show the 30 minute chicken, maybe you could do one before the show and before you loan her your DCB. Take the chicken off the bones (leave in large chunks) and put it in the classic batter bowl to take with you to the show. Allow the guests to sample some of it to show how moist the chicken is. Thenyou could use the salad choppers during the show to cut up the chicken or if you dont have those, use the food chopper and make the Moroccan Chicken Crostini Melts. I did this for a show and it was great. You might want to consider doing half of the recipe with the dried fruit bits and half without. Some of the guests at the show said they would have left out the fruit. I do not have the large round stone so I used the large bar pan instead. Another munchie that is really easy and was a big hit at the show I did with the Crostini Melts is the Spicey Pineapple Rum Sauce over a block of cream cheese and crackers.

Thanks everyone! Since I've done the steamed wontons (love those!) for them before I'm going to offer the Crostini Melts, Elegant Artichoke Cups, or the Pesto Cheese Pastries and she can pick one plus the dips with bread and PRS over cream cheese if she'd like.

One last question, where would I find the Elegant Artichoke Cups recipe? I appreciate all the help!

Tell her her guests are going to want to taste the chicken for themselves after smelling it cooking AND in order to really believe how moist it is! :D If she wants dinner for her family she can buy the DCB and make it herself :grumpy:

Sorry, I'm sick and that just irritated me ;) I can't imagine cooking something for my guests and then saying "sorry, you can't have any though!"

But it sounds like you have a good plan!

MLinAZ said:
Tell her her guests are going to want to taste the chicken for themselves after smelling it cooking AND in order to really believe how moist it is! :D If she wants dinner for her family she can buy the DCB and make it herself :grumpy:I can't imagine cooking something for my guests and then saying "sorry, you can't have any though!"

My sentiments exactly! I think her guests might turn on her over that one AND hurt your sales!

Here ya go!

Elegant Artichoke Cups

Red bell pepper and fresh parsley peek through these dainty appetizers.

1 tbsp vegetable oil
24 square wonton wrappers
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts in water,
drained and coarsely chopped
½ medium red bell pepper
½ cup (2 oz ) shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup (1 oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 lemon
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
Additional grated fresh Parmesan cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place vegetable oil in (1-cup) Prep Bowl. Place six wonton wrappers on Cutting Board. Lightly brush one side of each wonton with oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush. Press one wonton wrapper into each cup of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan using Mini-Tart Shaper. Repeat with remaining wonton wrappers.

Bake 6 minutes or just until edges of wontons are light golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; set aside, leaving
wontons in pan.

2. Meanwhile, coarsely chop artichokes using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Remove seeds from bell pepper and dice using Utility Knife. Using Ultimate Mandoline, grate mozzarella cheese. Using Microplane® Adjustable Grater, grate Parmesan cheese; zest lemon to measure ½ tsp zest. Finely chop parsley using Pizza Cutter.

Add bell pepper, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses, lemon zest, parsley, mayonnaise (in Measure-All® Cup) and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to batter bowl; mix well using Small Mix ’N Scraper®.

3. Using Adjustable Measuring Spoon, fill each wonton cup with about 1 tbsp of artichoke mixture; sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.

Bake 8 minutes or until edges of wontons are golden brown and cheese begins to melt.

Remove from oven to cooling rack. Remove wontons from pan; serve immediately.

Yield: 24 appetizers

Nutrients per serving (1 wonton cup): Calories 60, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol less than 5 mg,Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 115 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook’s Tips: Wonton wrappers are paper-thin sheets of dough used to make filled wontons and egg rolls. They can be found in the produce section of most supermarkets.
©

Any chance you could post the Pesto Cheese Pastries? Thanks!

1. What are some popular November recipes that I can make using Pampered Chef products?

Some popular November recipes that are perfect for using Pampered Chef products include roasted turkey, sweet potato casserole, apple crisp, pumpkin bread, and homemade cranberry sauce.

2. Can you recommend any recipes that are quick and easy to make for busy weeknights in November?

Absolutely! Some quick and easy recipes that are perfect for busy weeknights in November are one-pan chicken and vegetable stir fry, slow cooker chili, sheet pan roasted vegetables, and instant pot beef stroganoff.

3. I'm looking for a vegetarian option for Thanksgiving. What would you suggest?

For a delicious vegetarian option for Thanksgiving, we recommend our stuffed acorn squash with quinoa and roasted vegetables, or our mushroom and wild rice casserole. Both are hearty and flavorful options that will please any vegetarian at your table.

4. I want to make something unique for Friendsgiving. What do you recommend?

If you're looking for a unique and delicious dish to bring to Friendsgiving, we recommend our bacon-wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese, or our caramelized onion and brie tart. Both are sure to impress your friends and add a special touch to your Friendsgiving feast.

5. Are there any recipes that use Pampered Chef products for a healthier twist on traditional Thanksgiving dishes?

Yes, there are many ways to use Pampered Chef products to create healthier versions of traditional Thanksgiving dishes. For example, you can use our spiralizer to make zucchini noodles for a lighter alternative to pasta, or our air fryer to make crispy sweet potato fries instead of traditional mashed potatoes. You can also use our food chopper to make a homemade cranberry salsa instead of using canned cranberry sauce. The possibilities are endless!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • AshleyAllison