• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need soup inspiration? What's your favorite recipe?

In summary, the weather is cold and rainy, perfect soup weather. Mommy-stroni's Italian-style vegetable soup is a favourite.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm on the hunt for some great soup recipes...other than chili, taco soup, or the smashed potato soup.

Anyone have a favorite? The weather here today is just gloomy, gloomy, gloomy. Cool and foggy and rainy. Perfect soup/stew weather.

I love my corn chowder but can't get it now, watching the 3 grandkids. I'll try to get it later. Cold and rainy here as well, soup does sound good.

I like to make veggie soup - I use 4 veggie bullion cubes with 4 cups of water, 1 large can of tomato juice, a can of black beans, a can of red beans, a can of chick peas, 1 bag of frozen mixed veggies and 1 - 2 cups cooked rice or pasta. For seasoning, I use ome fresh garlic and some italian season. It makes a very hearty, spicy, Italian style vegetable soup.

Mommy-stroni! It's my favourite! Saute 1 chopped carrot, 1 chopped celery, 1/2 chopped onion, 1 chopped zucc. in a stockpot with a dash of evoo and a minced garlic. Add one can of diced tomatoes (I like the del monte ones with the oregano and basil in it), 1 can of white beans, 1 can chick broth. Let this simmer for half an hour and then add 1/3 a chopped cabbage to it. We serve it with chunky bread and butter. My dd loves it and my dh requests it all the time.

We LOVE soup but I dont have a recipe that I follow I just go with what ever I'm feeling that day:I do a split pea soup that is AWSOME! I saute onion, carrot, mushrooms, sweet potato, potato, zucchini (and what ever else I have on hand) add water, some mixed beans and of course split pea's garlic, salt pepper and a bit of curry! YUMMY!Chicken soup and Chicken Veggie Soup with matza balls
Chicken soup: onion, carrot chicken, chicken bones salt, pepper and garlic
for chicken veggie I add sweet potato's, zucchini, parsnip, celery and what ever else I feel like that day!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

2 cans Fiesta Cheese Soup
1 can Tomato Soup
2-3 cans chicken broth
1 can green chilies
2-3 chicken breasts cooked and chopped

Whisk together soups and broth. Add chilies and chicken. Bring to a simmer. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream, and shredded cheese.

For a spicier variation as Pepperjack Cheese Soup and a cant of original rotel tomatoes.

What about the Chicken Lemon Rice soup in "It's Good For You"...that ones really good?
I would be interested in a good split pea, navy bean, or lentil soup recipe. Oh and black bean soup too.

I made lentil soup last night and it was just awesome.

In a heavy pot (I used a 6 qt. Dutch Oven), brown 1 large onion, 1 large carrot, and 2 stalks of celery in about 1 T oil. Really brown them, not just translucent. Add 2-3 cloves minced garlic and cook another minute or so. Add 3 c. lentils, sorted and rinsed, 8 c. water, 2 T tomato paste, 1 T each dry basil, thyme, and parsley, 1 bay leaf, 2 T Worcestershire sauce, and a few drops of hot sauce like Tobasco. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste, 1/2 c. Sherry vinegar and 1/2 c. fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Serve with a crusty bread.

Delicious!! Even better leftover for lunch today.

Chicken alfredo soup, yummy!

heat123 said:
Chicken alfredo soup, yummy!

do you have a recipe for it? Sounds interesting... I love alfredo. :)

hm, it's in one of our cookbooks... I just have to remember which one? lol

ok it's called "chicken veg alfredo soup" and it's in our soup, stews and chili recipe card collection which I don't know where mine is at this time. Sorry to be of no help.

I found a recipe late last year for a butternut squash - pumpkin soup. It's really good and even better when you pop it in the oven with croutons and grated Greyere cheese on top to toast the cheese and croutons. YUM!

The Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Power Cooking recipes is very good.

I just made it at a Power Cooking Show that I had tonight! Everyone there loved it!

Most of my soups don't have recipes, but I've made a Split Pea soup a couple of times recently that was really good - I'll find it and post it.

Mmm sounds good to me. I love soup during winter!!

Any luck finding the recipe? I know I saw it somewhere.

Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup

1 cup chopped broccoli
½ cup chopped carrots
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup diced red bell pepper
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 can (14-14 ½ oz) chicken broth
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 Tablespoon snipped basil
1 jar (16 oz) Alfredo sauce
Fresh Parmesan cheese

Chop broccoli, carrots and onion with Food chopper. Dice bell pepper. Place broccoli, carrots, onion, bell pepper and garlic in 3 qt Sauce pan. Add broth; bring to boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.

Meanwhile, dice chicken. Snip basil; set aside. Add chicken and Alfredo sauce to broth; simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir basil into soup.

I made the Greek Lemon Chicken Soup from It's Good For You last night. It was AWESOME!!!! Even my very picky dh and dd LOVED it!!! It was supper easy to make. I am eating left overs right now too..

Related to Need soup inspiration? What's your favorite recipe?

1. What are some popular soup recipes for beginners?

Some popular soup recipes for beginners include chicken noodle soup, tomato soup, vegetable soup, and lentil soup. These recipes are relatively easy to make and are great for those just starting to experiment with soup making.

2. Are there any healthy soup recipes available?

Yes, there are many healthy soup recipes available. Some examples include minestrone soup, butternut squash soup, and chicken and vegetable soup. These recipes often include nutritious ingredients such as vegetables, beans, and lean protein.

3. Can I make soup in a slow cooker?

Absolutely! Slow cookers are great for making soup. Just add all of the ingredients and let it cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. This is a great option for busy individuals who want to come home to a hot bowl of soup.

4. What are some vegetarian soup recipes?

Some delicious vegetarian soup recipes include lentil soup, vegetable minestrone, and creamy tomato soup. These recipes are packed with flavor and are perfect for those following a vegetarian diet.

5. Can I freeze soup for later?

Yes, soup can be frozen for later. Just make sure to let it cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container or freezer bag. When you're ready to enjoy it, simply thaw it in the fridge and reheat on the stove or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • lmradlein
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies