• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Soup Recipes for the Deep Covered Baker

I'll have to try that sometime! Thanks for the recipe! :)Ummmmm, okay.....I'll have to figure out a recipe! It's how I use up leftovers and I don't really have a recipe! I use leftover chicken, and the drippings with some chicken broth to make a gravy (or used jarred if I need to) and leftover veggies, along with some fresh or frozen veggies also thrown in, chop up a little onion, press a clove of garlic, and then mix it all together in the DCB, and put it in the Micro for about 7-8 minutes. Then I either use canned biscuits, or frozen ones that I've thawed, or make some
elizabethfox
Gold Member
I have a hostess who would like to do a soup and slippers show. I want to cook the soup in the deep covered baker to be able to showcase the stoneware since it is the special, but I only have the Smashed Potato Soup Recipe. Are there any more that I don't know about? I would like to give her at least 2 or 3 choices.:)

Also she wants some "soup and slippers" themed evites to send out. Does anyone know if there is a way to go into the PWS and create one for hosts to send out? I just don't know what to tell her...help please!:confused:

Anyone?? Help please! I need to get her the recipes by this evening!

I made the Quick Turkey Chili last week at a show. It's on CC, on the main page of the Products and Recipes tab. Really good, especially with beer bread.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/quick_turkey_chilli.pdf

Ok yeah I was definitely going to do the beer bread...thanks! Do you know if there is a variation for cooking the Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup in the deep covered baker??

Where's the recipe for the smashed potato soup?I've missed that one!
Thanks

You can probably just reduce the cook time, and do it in the micro that way. If I remember correctly, everything in that soup is already cooked (unless there's some sauteeing of veggies), so all you'd really need to do is heat it through.

quiltchef said:
I've missed that one!
Thanks
It's in the thread entitled "Need Pot for Soup" - Becky also posted her microwave instructions in there.

Ok thank you! :)

Now with the recipes...do you know if the deep covered baker is big enough to cook a doubled soup recipe? Just curious because most of the soup recipes are only 4-6 servings.

This is just a thought..... What about showing how to cook chicken in the deep cover baker(Mircorwave) for one meal...then the next night use the left over chicken for the Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup. Which can also be done in the Microwave in the DCB. Fast Easy and Two good Meals!

PCSarahjm said:
This is just a thought..... What about showing how to cook chicken in the deep cover baker(Mircorwave) for one meal...then the next night use the left over chicken for the Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup. Which can also be done in the Microwave in the DCB. Fast Easy and Two good Meals!

Sarah, that is exactly what I do with my 30 minute chicken shows! I tell them that we have roast chicken one night, and then chicken tacos, or chicken tortilla soup, or Deep Dish Chicken Pot Pie the next night. :thumbup: :thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Sarah, that is exactly what I do with my 30 minute chicken shows! I tell them that we have roast chicken one night, and then chicken tacos, or chicken tortilla soup, or Deep Dish Chicken Pot Pie the next night. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Becky that sounds really good....could you post the recipe?

ChefBeckyD said:

Yeah that does sound good! Please post the recipe!

And as for doing the 30 min chicken....I mentioned it to her, and she would rather just have soup. I think she wants the Smashed potato one. We are doing a dessert recipe and beer bread too, so I think that is enough to show off the stoneware anyways!:eek:

Ummmmm, okay.....I'll have to figure out a recipe! It's how I use up leftovers and I don't really have a recipe! I use leftover chicken, and the drippings with some chicken broth to make a gravy (or used jarred if I need to) and leftover veggies, along with some fresh or frozen veggies also thrown in, chop up a little onion, press a clove of garlic, and then mix it all together in the DCB, and put it in the Micro for about 7-8 minutes. Then I either use canned biscuits, or frozen ones that I've thawed, or make some quick drop biscuits. I put the biscuits on top and then put it in a preheated 400 oven for 15-20 more minutes, or until the biscuits look done.

Mmmm....sounds YUMMY!

What are the benefits of using the Deep Covered Baker for soup recipes?

The Deep Covered Baker is specifically designed for cooking soups, stews, and other one-pot meals. Its deep, round shape and domed lid help to trap heat and moisture, resulting in tender and flavorful soups. Additionally, the stoneware material ensures even heat distribution for perfectly cooked soups every time.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker on the stovetop?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is not safe for use on the stovetop. It can only be used in the oven or microwave.

What types of soups can I make in the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is versatile and can be used to make a variety of soups, from hearty stews to creamy bisques. You can use it to cook soups with meat, vegetables, or even seafood. The possibilities are endless!

How do I clean the Deep Covered Baker after making soup?

The Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe, but for best results, we recommend hand washing it with warm soapy water. Be sure to let it cool down completely before cleaning, and avoid using abrasive cleaners that can damage the stoneware.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker to reheat leftover soup?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is great for reheating leftover soup. Simply cover the baker with the lid and place it in the microwave. The stoneware material will help to evenly heat the soup without overcooking it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmomto3
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • 3girls
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • forkatieb