• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Soup & Slippers: Seeking Recipes for a Demo!

In a large pot or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool slightly.2. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and salt and pepper, if desired.In summary, Joanne offers two soups and slippers recipes, Lisa offers soup recipes, and the others offer recipes for chicken and potato soup.
ChefinHarmony
Does anyone have some good recipes they demo? I offered to do a "soup & slippers" show and now I'm stuck on recipes!! I don't have the Soup & Stews cards - my recruiter does, so I can borrow them. But I wanted to give the Host a list of possible recipes. I want to make the beer bread for her too. I searched back files and only a few showed up. Any thoughts??
Thanks!
Joanne

I've done 2 Soups & Slippers.........These are so much fun, and I love them.

The one I made Greek Lemon Chicken Soup and the other I made the Corn Chowder. YUM to both. I actually gave them I think 5 recipes to choose from, so I'll dig out the document and try and attach it later today, as it's 2:45 am and I really should be asleep and just wanted to log on quick to answer something else I was asked early.

Look in any cookbooks you've got, they generally have soups in them, and I know 2 of the choices I gave were from the It's Good for you Cookbook.

Lisa

I've been making soup all this month. The two that I've made that have been HUGE hits are: the Lazy Lasagna Chili (soup recipe cards....my mom was at my show yesterday where I made this & said it was the best thing she's ever had at a show!) & the Quick Chicken Tortilla Soup (was in weekly bites the first of this month).
Both are super easy & delish:D I also made the smashed potato soup (good for you book) once & it went over well too.

Here's all the soups/chili/chowder Recipes I've got on my computer......Here's some I offer.........

Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup

2 cups of chopped broccoli
1 cup of chopped carrots
1 cup of chopped onion
1 cup of diced red bell pepper
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 cans (14 – 14 ½ oz) chicken broth
4 cups cooked chicken
2 tablespoons basil
2 jars (16 oz each) Alfredo sauce
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese

1. Chop broccoli, carrots, and onion. Dice bell peppers. Place broccoli, carrots, onion, bell pepper and garlic pressed in a saucepan. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
2. Meanwhile, dice chicken. Snip basil. Set aside. Add chicken and alfredo sauce to broth; simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir basil into soup.
3. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Greek Lemon Chicken Soup
(It's Good For You!...pg 35)

2 cups chopped cooked chicken
2 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
½ cup chopped onion
1-2 lemons
2 Tbls snipped fresh parsley
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 (10 ¾ oz) can 98% fat-free reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
3 (14 ½ oz) cans 100% fat-free chicken broth
¼ tsp ground black pepper
2/3 cup uncooked long-grain white rice

Chop chicken, carrots and onion using Food Chopper. Zest one lemon using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Finely snip zest using Kitchen Shears. Juice lemons using Juicer to measure ¼ cup juice. Snip parsley using Kitchen Shears; set aside.

Heat Professional or Executive (4-qt) Casserole over medium heat until hot. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add carrots, onion and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in chicken, lemon zest, juice, soup, chicken broth and black pepper; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; reduce heat. Cover; simmer over low heat 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat; stir parsley into soup just before serving.

Makes 8 servings.

Roasted Tomato and Barley Soup
(It's Good For You!...pg 28)

2 lb plum tomatoes, cut in half and seeded (about 8-10)
1 Tbls olive oil
2 Tbls snipped fresh basil leaves
3 (14 1/2 oz) cans 99% fat-free beef broth
1 1/2 cups tomato juice
2/3 cup quick-cooking barley, uncooked
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tsp Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
1/2 tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 450F. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise; remove seeds using Cook's Corer. Place tomatoes and oil in Classic Batter Bowl; toss gently to coat.

2. Line Stoneware Bar Pan with 17-inch piece of Parchment Paper. Arrange tomatoes, cut side up, in single layer over bottom of pan; bake 45 minutes or until tomatoes start to shrivel. Remove from oven; cool slightly.

3. Remove skins from tomatoes; return tomatoes to batter bowl. Using Kitchen Shears, snip tomatoes into small pieces. Snip basil; set aside.

4. In Professional (4-qt) Casserole, combine tomatoes, broth, tomato juice, barley, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, seasoning mix and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir basil into soup just before serving.

Makes 6 servings (8 cups)

Smashed Potato Soup The Pampered Chef®
It's Good For You Cookbook...pg 59

Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 10 Minutes

½ cup coarsely chopped carrot
½ cup coarsely chopped celery
1 (1 lb, 4 oz.) pkg refrigerated mashed potatoes*
1 (14½ oz.) can 99% fat-free chicken broth
½ cup fat-free milk
1 garlic clove, pressed
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 Tbls snipped fresh parsley
Optional toppings: sliced green onions, reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese and crisply cooked, crumbled turkey bacon

1. Coarsely chop carrot and celery using Food Chopper. Place mashed potatoes in Medium (3 qt) Saucepan. Gradually add broth and milk, whisking until mixture is smooth using Nylon Spiral Whisk. Stir in carrot, celery, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.

2. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and parsley. Using Nylon Ladle, Ladle soup into Coffee & More Mugs or bowls; top with desired toppings.

Makes 4 servings. (about 5 Cups)

*Cook’s Tip:
You can substitute 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes for the refrigerated mashed potatoes.
Mashed Potatoes made with instant mashed potatoes can be substituted for refrigerated mashed potatoes. Prepare 6 servings (about 3 cups) according to package directions for reduced-fat mashed potatoes.

Nutrients per serving (about 1¼ cups): Calories 180 (29% from fat), Total Fat 6 g, Sat. Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 850 mg, Fiber 3 g. Diabetic exchange per serving (about 1¼ cups): 2 starch, ½ fat (2 carb)

Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
(Soups, Stews and Chilis Recipe Card Collection)

1 cup grated carrots
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 Tbls butter or margarine
1/2 cup flour
2 (14-14 1/2 oz) cans chicken broth
1 (12 oz) can low-fat evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
1 cup diced cooked turkey
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted

1. Grate carrots using Ultimate Slice & Grate. Slice mushrooms using Egg Slicer Plus. Chop celery and onion using Food Chopper.

2. Melt butter in Professional Medium (3 qt) Saucepan over medium heat. Add carrots, mushrooms, celery and onion; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.

3. Stir in flour. Gradually add broth and milk, whisking until blended using Nylon Spiral Whisk. Bring to a boil. Stir in cooked rice and turkey. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.

4. Meanwhile, place almonds in Professional Small (8 inch) Sauté Pan. Heat over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until almonds begin to brown, stirring frequently. Remove from pan; cool slightly. Stir almonds into soup just before serving.

Makes 6 servings (about 7 1/2 cups)

Cook's Tip: For convenience, this recipe can be made with quick-cooking or frozen cooked wild rice. Prepare rice according to package directions before stirring into soup.

Easy Corn Chowder

2 medium unpeeled red potatoes
1 cup cubed cooked ham
½ cup diced red bell pepper
½ cup coarsely chopped celery
1 tsp butter or margerine
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (14 – 14 ½ oz) chicken broth
1 can (12 oz) fat-free evaporated milk
1 can (15oz) creamed corn
2 tablespoons sliced chives
salt and ground black pepper to taste
cooked crumbled bacon (optional)
Cheese Grated (Opt.)

Cut potatoes and ham into ½-inch cubes using Chef’ Knife; set aside. Dice bell pepper. Coarsely chop celery using Food Chopper. Heat butter in Professional Medium (3qt) saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and celery; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in flour; heat until bubbly. Gradually add broth, evaporated milk and corn, whisking with Nylon Spiral Whisk until blended.
Add potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in ham; heat through. Remove from heat; stir chives into soup and season with salt and black pepper. Ladle soup into bowls using Nylon Ladle. OPT: Top with bacon and serve with Lacy Cheese Crisps, or even grate some fresh cheese over them.

Yield: 6 servings (6 ½ cups)

Hearty Oven Chili
(More Stoneware Sensations Cookbook...pg 66)

3 lbs boneless beef chuck pot roast (arm, blade, chuck eye or shoulder) or 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef stew meat
4 garlic cloves, pressed
2 Tbls chili powder
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
3/4 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
2 cups onions, coarsely chopped
2 cups green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
3 (14 1/2 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 (15.5 oz) can kidney, pinto or black beans, drained and rinsed
Tortilla shells for toppings (optional)
Toppings such as shredded cheddar cheese, sliced ripe olives, sliced green onions and sour cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°. Trim excess fat from meat with Chef's Knife. Cut meat into 1/2-inch cubes. Place in Stoneware Baking Bowl. Press garlic over meat using Garlic Press. Sprinkle with seasonings; stir to coat meat. Chop onions and bell pepper using Food Chopper. Add to Baking Bowl along with tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans. Cover Bowl with Deep Dish Baker. Bake 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Carefully remove Deep Dish Baker from Baking Bowl, lifting away form you. Using Magic Mop, skim any fat from top of chili. Fill Tortilla Shells with desired toppings and serve with chili.

Makes 12 servings

Tortilla Shells

3-4 (10-inch) tortillas

Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spray bottom and side of Mini-Baking Bowl with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Gently press one tortilla onto bottom of Bowl to form a shell. (Use fingers to evenly ruffle edge of tortilla to fit inside of bowl). Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove bowl to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Let tortilla cool in Bowl 5 minutes. Remove tortilla shell to Cooling Rack. Let Bowl cool 5 minutes. Place second tortilla in Bowl. Repeat baking and cooling to form remaining shells. Fill baked shells with toppings.

What I've done at shows....I've made the Smashed potatoe soup, Greek Lemon Chicken Soup and the Easy Corn Chowder with great success.

These are also family pleasers as well.

HTH,

Lisa

The Smashed Potato Soup is phenomenal! My family doesn't usually like soups, but I made this for a business group I'm part of. It was a big hit, and my family decided this was a keeper!

I'm making the 6-Can Chili at a show tomorrow. I had never made it before, so that's what I made for lunch yesterday (and am currently eating leftovers of at my desk for lunch today). It is so good! And Easy! Make a batch of the garlic pull apart (in stoneware, so it shows another collection) while it's simmering, and it's a great treat.

Hearty Six-Can Chili
1 pound lean (90%) ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) chili beans in sauce, undrained
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 teaspoon chili powder (note: I used the Red Gold brand tomatoes "ready for chili", which include chili powder already, so I omitted this)

Place ground beef and onion in Dutch oven. Cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef in to small crumbles. Drain, if necessary.
Open chili beans, tomatoes, black beans and soup using Smooth Edge Can Opener. Drain and rinse black beans.
Add all ingredients including chili powder to meat mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, over low heat 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Yield: 8 servings

Don't let the mushroom soup freak you out. It adds some richness to the broth.

Smashed Potato Soup w/ Beer Bread is what I have been making for all my
January shows
(last one is tonight!) and I have never gotten such positive feedback from the food at a show as I have with this combo! Of course, its winter in Michigan, so comfort foods like this really hit the spot! I don't think you can go wrong with this!

Wow, thank you for the recipes. I'll have to try the potato soup & Hearty six-can chili soon.

thank you!

Mmm.....You are all making me hungry for something other than my boring salad I brought for lunch today!!

Thank you!!! I don't have the "It's Good For You" recipe book yet - sounds like I need to get it before my show! I truly appreciate all the recipes because I want to give my Host the list this week. This site is awesome!!!
Joanne
:D

The Lazy Lasagna Chili is a hit at my shows too! I'm going to even offer the soup & slippers into February since we're just NOW getting the cold, snowy weather! It's good with the garlic pull aparts (recipe in files under pull apart bread). I sold the recipe cards to everyone at the show they liked it so much!

I love the smashed potato soup - it's what I've been doing at my "soup and slippers" shows. One addition I made though is to add a cup or so of the Southern style hashbrowns (those are the frozen cubed potatoes). It makes it a little heartier. I've also thrown in the O'Brien hashbrowns (same style, just with peppers added).

Sooooo good!

Diane

Yes, I just did the Turkey chili recipe from Jan Consultant news and altered it a little. I didn't feel like messing with jalepenos so I used a can of green chilis and the host forgot to buy the green pepper so that became omitted. I set up a chili topping bar in the SA Entertaining set and the small bowl and caddy. I made a sample bread bowl at home out of pizza dough and brought it along, but made breadsticks at the show out of pizza dough, basted with olive oil and grated parm and I assure you, our PC turkey chili recipe is delish! Everyone wanted the recipe and loved the breadsticks. Another idea, although I haven't tested them yet, Taste of Home has a special magazine out right now on SOUPS. There are pictures and over 300 soup recipes which would be easy to apply to PC shows. I bought it specifically for my upcoming soup and bread shows I want to do for February. Happy cooking!

Does anyone have the recipe for the Lazy Lasagna Chili?
I don't have those recipe cards that it is found on.
It sounds good and I think it would be a hit at my next show.

Thanks-
Kelly

Heres my soup recipe file (thanks they are from here!!) and my invites for my show (also from here, but modified)! I hope you can use them!
Joanne

Attachments

• soup.doc
    144.5 KB · Views: 353
  • soupslipperpc.doc
    797 KB · Views: 322
Here you go...Lazy Lasagna Chili
(Soups, Stews and Chilis Recipe Card Collection)

1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage (4 links)
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
2 (14-14 1/2 oz) cans beef broth
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups uncooked pasta nuggets (radiatore)
2 Tbls snipped basil (optional)

1. Coarsely chop zucchini and onions using Food Chopper; set zucchini aside. Remove casings from sausage; discard casings. Heat Professional (4 qt) Casserole over medium heat until hot. Add sausage, onion and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; cook sausage 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking sausage into crumbles; drain.

2. Add spaghetti sauce, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 7 minutes. Stir zucchini into chili' cook 2-4 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat; stir basil into soup, if desired. Ladle soup into bowls; serve with Garlic Crostini (see "Souper" Sides recipe card), if desired.

Makes 6 servings (8 cups)

Thank you!!! It sounds GREAT!

Kelly

Related to Soup & Slippers: Seeking Recipes for a Demo!

What is the concept of "Soup & Slippers" for a Pampered Chef demo?

The concept of "Soup & Slippers" for a Pampered Chef demo is to showcase how to make warm, comforting soups and pair them with cozy slippers for a perfect evening in.

What types of recipes are suitable for the "Soup & Slippers" demo?

Any type of soup recipe can be used for the "Soup & Slippers" demo, from classic chicken noodle to creamy tomato bisque. It is also recommended to include a variety of flavors and ingredients to cater to different dietary preferences.

Can I use Pampered Chef products to make the soup for the demo?

Yes, you can definitely use Pampered Chef products to make the soup for the demo. In fact, it is encouraged as it showcases the versatility and quality of the products.

How should I set up the demo for "Soup & Slippers"?

The demo can be set up as a cozy and inviting atmosphere, with a table or counter space to demonstrate the soup-making process. It is also recommended to have a designated area for showcasing the slippers and discussing their features.

What are some tips for making the "Soup & Slippers" demo successful?

Some tips for making the "Soup & Slippers" demo successful include practicing the recipe beforehand, having all necessary ingredients and supplies ready, engaging with the audience, and emphasizing the benefits of using Pampered Chef products for soup-making. It is also important to create a welcoming and comfortable environment for the guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• llespinoza
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Barry Carlton
  • elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • lmradlein