• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Good Strawberry Cheesecake Demo Recipe!

In summary, the author is looking for a recipe for a Strawberry Cheesecake-y dessert to demo at a show. Does anyone have any recommendations? A trifle is suggested, but the recipe can also be made with a cake mix and pudding mix.
KristyH
Hey yall! I'm a fairly new consultant and LOVE this site!! I am looking for a Strawberry Cheesecake-y recipe to demo! Does anyone have any recommendations? I thought of doing the Strawberry Cheesecake trifle but I didn't know if it would be good for a demo at a show. Any ideas?

Why not on the trifle? It shows how easy it is to make a fabulous dessert...

This one is my FAVORITE TRIFLE RECIPE!!

It's good to demo, too! I usually cut up most of the strawberries ahead of time, since that gets repetitive...

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Ingredients:
• 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons almond extract
• ---
• 2--8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
• 1 C. sour cream
• 2 C. powdered sugar
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• 1/4 t. almond extract
• 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
• 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces
Preparation:
Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

Oh! Almost forgot!

I make up my own "pound" cake!

One box of regular cake mix
add one small box of instant pudding (just the powder) to the cake mix
add one more egg than the directions call for.

Bake at 325 in the large bar pan...20-25 minutes!

Thanks ladies! I guess at first I wasn't sure that the trifle would show that many products! I think making my own cake in the bar pan is a fabulous idea!! Great way to show some stoneware!! :)

KellyTheChef said:
Oh! Almost forgot!

I make up my own "pound" cake!

One box of regular cake mix
add one small box of instant pudding (just the powder) to the cake mix
add one more egg than the directions call for.

Bake at 325 in the large bar pan...20-25 minutes!

Kelly, how much cake does this make? I LOVE the thought of making my own and saving money!!

oh and what flavor pudding and cake do you use? vanilla, yellow?

pampered.chris said:
Kelly, how much cake does this make? I LOVE the thought of making my own and saving money!!

oh and what flavor pudding and cake do you use? vanilla, yellow?

Um, it makes a whole bar pan full? lol

Just kidding! It makes WAY MORE than you need for the trifle recipe I posted. I use about 1/2-2/3 of the cake this way...the rest we nibble on here! (Since I bake it before I go to the show, and chunk up most of it here so the guests don't have to see me do all of that. I take a hand sized piece to demo cutting up at the show.) (To answer the original question from you, It makes the entire pan full, and it's about 1" thick.)

For this recipe, I use either a vanilla or yellow cake mix and vanilla pudding mix. BUT...this is how I make ALL of my cakes now! Even if I am baking the cake in a "normal" cake pan, or bundt pan. I just love how moist and dense it makes the cake. I am pretty much a cake snob! lol So...chocolate and chocolate pudding, lemon cake and lemon pudding, etc.

KristyH said:
Thanks ladies! I guess at first I wasn't sure that the trifle would show that many products! I think making my own cake in the bar pan is a fabulous idea!! Great way to show some stoneware!! :)

Did the trifle at my last show and everyone loved it. Sold a trifle bowl which isn't too bad. I like Kelly's idea about baking the cake in the stoneware, awesome idea!

KellyTheChef said:
This one is my FAVORITE TRIFLE RECIPE!!

It's good to demo, too! I usually cut up most of the strawberries ahead of time, since that gets repetitive...

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Ingredients:
• 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons almond extract
• ---
• 2--8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
• 1 C. sour cream
• 2 C. powdered sugar
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• 1/4 t. almond extract
• 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
• 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces
Preparation:
Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

Kelly! You Rock! I am totally trying this recipe! I just got my second trifle bowl and have a show Thursday. Thank you so much!

What are the ingredients needed for this strawberry cheesecake recipe?

The ingredients needed for this strawberry cheesecake recipe are cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, eggs, vanilla extract, graham cracker crumbs, butter, and fresh strawberries.

What is the step-by-step process for making this strawberry cheesecake?

To make this strawberry cheesecake, start by mixing together cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream until smooth. Then add in eggs and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press the mixture into a springform pan and pour in the cheesecake mixture. Bake for 45 minutes and let cool before topping with fresh strawberries.

Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for this recipe. Simply thaw them and drain any excess liquid before using.

How long does this cheesecake need to chill before serving?

This cheesecake needs to chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.

Can I use a different type of crust for this cheesecake?

Yes, you can use a different type of crust such as a chocolate cookie crust or a shortbread crust. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShanaSmith
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • GourmetGirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • KristinB1023