• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Dessert Demo Recipe: Ideas for Hosting Success!

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for a dessert recipe for a hostess, but they don't want to use strawberry pastries or a chocolate pecan lattice tart. They ask for ideas and someone suggests two recipes - Chocolate Chip Sensation and Paradise Dessert Pizza. The person who made Chocolate Chip Sensation at their show recommends it and says it is in the cookbook "Delightful Desserts." They also mention that you can search for recipes on CC (presumably a website or database) and it will tell you which cookbook they are in. The conversation ends with someone expressing gratitude for the helpful advice.
Tara1021
I need a dessert demo recipe. I don't want to to the strawberry pastries or the choc pecan lattice tart (did that one at the last show for this hostess) any ideas???

I just made Chocolate Chip Sensation for the first time at my show on Sunday and it was great!

Molten Chocolate Tunnel Cake
Paradise Dessert Pizza

janetupnorth said:
Paradise Dessert Pizza

Which cookbooks?

DebbieJ said:
I just made Chocolate Chip Sensation for the first time at my show on Sunday and it was great!

OK, now I'm hungry. I JUST got my trifle bowl today and didn't get home until 9 p.m. and kind of wanted to make one right away but I'm out of cake and brownie mixes and don't feel like making one by hand! :(

Every time someone says chocolate tonight I'm getting hungry!

DebbieJ said:

which cookbook?

Looking for you now - hold on... :)

Chocolate Chip Sensation---Delightful Desserts

You know, you can also search for these recipes behind CC and it will tell you which cookbook they're in. Just in case we aren't here to answer you, you will know how to find it!

On the deep dish baker card...

Ingredients:
1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1 1/4 cups milk
1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels, divided
1 package (18.25 ounces) devil's food cake mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup water
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 pint fresh raspberries
Whipped topping (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray Deep Dish Baker with nonstick cooking spray. Cut a 10-inch circle of Parchment Paper; place in bottom of Baker. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.

2. In Small Batter Bowl, combine pudding mix and milk; whisk until mixture is smooth and begins to thicken. Stir in 1/2 cup of the chocolate morsels; set aside. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cake mix, 1/2 cup oil, eggs and water; mix until smooth. Pour 1 1/4 cups of the batter; set aside. Spread remaining batter over bottom of Baker.

3. Using Small Scoop, scoop pudding in circular pattern 1/2 inch from edge of Baker. Spread remaining batter over pudding. Bake 35-40 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake from Baker, carefully invert cake onto Round Platter.

4. Combine remaining chocolate morsels and half of the whipped topping in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted; mix until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the glaze; set aside. Pour remaining glaze over cake. Spread glaze to edge of cake, allowing glaze to drip down sides. Place raspberries evenly over top of cake 1 inch from edge; drizzle with reserved glaze. Garnish with whipped topping using Easy Accent® Decorator, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 350, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Carbohydrate 46 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 420 mg, Fiber 2 g

Paradise Dessert Pizza
Ingredients:
1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 container (8 ounces) vanilla, strawberry or banana low-fat yogurt
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, well drained
1/4 cup flaked coconut (optional)
2 kiwis, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup red grapes, cut in half
1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, well drained
2 tablespoons whole, unblanched almonds, chopped

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Form dough into a ball and place in center of Classic Round Stone. Roll dough into a 12-inch circle, about 1/4-inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from Baking Stone; cool completely.

2. Combine yogurt, pineapple and coconut; spread mixture evenly over top of cookie. Slice kiwis and cut grapes in half using Paring Knife. Arrange mandarin oranges, kiwi slices and grapes in a circle over yogurt mixture.

3. Chop almonds with Food Chopper; sprinkle over fruit. Slice and serve.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol less than 5 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 135 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Duh! I always forget about being able to look them up! Thanks a million girls!

DebbieJ said:
You know, you can also search for these recipes behind CC and it will tell you which cookbook they're in. Just in case we aren't here to answer you, you will know how to find it!

Yes, and she can search by "tool" she wishes to demonstrate to pick one too! :)

What about a Trifle so you can get bookings for March and April?

Trifle is a good idea- you can show stoneware (bake a brownie or cake) and cookware (toast some nuts or coconut), plus all the other tools and the trifle bowl itself.

chefann said:
Trifle is a good idea- you can show stoneware (bake a brownie or cake) and cookware (toast some nuts or coconut), plus all the other tools and the trifle bowl itself.

Ohhh! How do you toast nuts or coconut in the cookware? Just on the stovetop over low heat?

More tools for your trifle: Decorate with whip cream using your EAD, and then use the deluxe cheese grater or food chopper to grate or chop some chocolate to sprinkle on top!

jenniferknapp said:
Ohhh! How do you toast nuts or coconut in the cookware? Just on the stovetop over low heat?
Yep! Use the small saute pan and just keep flipping them so they don't burn. When they are fragrant, they're done.

You can practice the motion with a pan (no heat) and some dry beans. If you use 2 colors of beans you can see how well you're getting things in the pan to move around, as they mix up with eachother. It's fun to do the "TV Chef" wrist flick at a show - totally impress the guests.

chefann said:
Yep! Use the small saute pan and just keep flipping them so they don't burn. When they are fragrant, they're done.

You can practice the motion with a pan (no heat) and some dry beans. If you use 2 colors of beans you can see how well you're getting things in the pan to move around, as they mix up with eachother. It's fun to do the "TV Chef" wrist flick at a show - totally impress the guests.

I impressed my guests for the first time with just letting an ice cube melt in my saute pan this past Friday! No one bought any cookware when they saw the price though...but it intrigued a bunch, and I will hopefully get one booking so that they can get a set 1/2 off!

chefann said:

You are always full of such great ideas, Ann!! :)

yummybytes said:
You are always full of such great ideas, Ann!! :)
Aw, thanks, Jennifer. I get most of them from TV. :)

ultimate banana split cake (page 119) don't remember which book the page # are stuck in my head but not the title
luscious lemon angel roll page 76

1. What is the best dessert recipe for a Pampered Chef demo?

The best dessert recipe for a Pampered Chef demo would be the Chocolate Lava Cake. It is easy to make and always impresses guests with its gooey chocolate center.

2. Can I make the dessert ahead of time for the demo?

Yes, you can make the dessert ahead of time for the demo. However, we recommend making it no more than 24 hours in advance for the best taste and texture.

3. Is the dessert recipe suitable for those with dietary restrictions?

Our Pampered Chef dessert recipes are versatile and can be easily modified to accommodate dietary restrictions. We have options for gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan desserts.

4. How long does it take to prepare the dessert for the demo?

The preparation time for our dessert demo recipe varies depending on the recipe. On average, it takes about 30 minutes to prepare the dessert and an additional 20-30 minutes for baking or chilling time.

5. Can I use alternative ingredients for the dessert recipe?

Yes, you can use alternative ingredients for the dessert recipe. However, we cannot guarantee the same results as the original recipe. We recommend using Pampered Chef products for the best taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • doughmama
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • pcsharon1