• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Soup/Stew/Chili Recommendations

I think this one is on CC with the theme show stuff.I'm going to offer these as well...are making a invite flyer or using postcards? Also, I'll have to check on this one, but I think there is a recipe on the product u & c card for the stockpot for a chili...I remember making it a couple of years ago and really enjoying it. It used cut up pieces of beef (like for a stew), and some type of canned pepper/chili...I'll look for it and post it if I find it.Not the exact one I was thinking of...I'll dig through my files as this is now bugging me, but the sounds similar to what I had
Suzy Englert
I'm offering the theme show of Soups, stews & slippers for January-comfort food and comfort shoes. Guests are encouraged to wear their comfy slippers for the cute slippers contest and I"ll be preparing a soup for the comfort food.
Any suggestions for a good soup/stew/or chili recipe that is easy to make and looks great, too? Plus any good cornbread recipes anyone wants to suggest would be helpful!

Thanks,
SUzy in Texas

The quick turkey chili made in the DCB and smashed potato soup are two of my favorites!

The lazy lasagna chili & tortilla soup were my favorites last year! The smashed potato soup is good too.

I'm fond of the Greek Lemon Rice soup in It's Good for You, especially served with warmed whole-wheat pita bread. And you can show off a bunch of tools by cooking the chicken in the DCB or micro cookers.There's a 5-can chili recipe that had been floating around that's really good, too. I made it at a couple of successful shows at the beginning of the year.

I'm doing this for Jan and doing the Quick Turkey Chili in the DCB. That piece of stoneware has meant HUGE sales for me. And think of the bookings!!!!

Where would I find the recipe for the Quick Turkey Chili? Thanks!

Can the turkey be substituted w/ ground beef?

Lacy, could you please share the recipe for the Lazy Lasagna chili?

astavnes said:
Where would I find the recipe for the Quick Turkey Chili? Thanks!
I think this one is on CC with the theme show stuff.

I'm going to offer these as well...are making a invite flyer or using postcards? Also, I'll have to check on this one, but I think there is a recipe on the product u & c card for the stockpot for a chili...I remember making it a couple of years ago and really enjoying it. It used cut up pieces of beef (like for a stew), and some type of canned pepper/chili...I'll look for it and post it if I find it.

Not the exact one I was thinking of...I'll dig through my files as this is now bugging me, but the sounds similar to what I had. I thought is was for the Professional Stockpot, but could be wrong. None the less you, could demo several products with this one.

Chunky Beef Chili
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 large onions, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained, cut up
2 cups water

Directions:
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in Generation II Dutch (6-qt.) Oven over
medium-high heat. Add half of the beef; cook, stirring occasionally with
Bamboo Spoon, until meat is browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
Remove beef from Dutch Oven; set aside. Repeat with remaining oil and beef;
remove beef after browning.

2. Add onions, celery, and garlic to pan juices in Dutch Oven; cook
over low heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Return beef to Dutch Oven;
add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer
uncovered over low heat until meat is tender, 2-3 hours. Add additional
water, 1/2 cup at a time, if neccessary to reach desired consistency.

Yield: 8 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 313, Total Fat 13 g

(C)The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2007

Thank you Ann! I found this on CC...
This variation on the Quick Turkey Chili recipe, published in the
January Consultant News, is cooked in the microwave in our
Cranberry Deep Covered Baker.

Microwave Quick Turkey Chili
This quick and easy turkey chili is packed with flavor and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
1 cup chopped onion
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cup diced green bell pepper
1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
3 garlic cloves, pressed
¾ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Southwestern Seasoning Mix
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (16 ounces) chili beans in sauce, undrained
½ cup hot water
1. Using Food Chopper, chop onion and jalapeño pepper. Dice bell pepper using Santoku Knife. Place vegetables in
Deep Covered Baker; microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until tender.
2. Add turkey, oil, garlic and salt; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring halfway through
and breaking turkey mixture into crumbles.
3. Add seasoning mix and flour; mix well to coat. Stir in tomatoes, beans and water. Microwave, uncovered, an
additional 12-14 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring once halfway through cooking.
Yield: 6 servings
(Light) Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 30 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g,
Protein 25 g, Sodium 970 mg, Fiber 8 g

I like the Lazy Lasagna Chili--that was a hit last year. I also like the Corn Chowder--my husband loves this soup--never made it for a show though. The turkey chili in the DCB is good too. Never tried the smashed potato soup, but it sounds good! It may be a good one to try next week.

I'm trying the mini corn muffins tomorrow from the soups recipe cards. I'll post how they turn out.

The Chicken Vegetable Alfredo soup is to die for! You use the stock pot, stir fry skillet, and just to mix things up a bit I use the 12 muffin stone, turned upside down and sprayed with veg oil... then I take some Grands biscuits and mold on over each bottom of the muffin to make little soup bowls.

The Chicken Vegetable Alfredo soup is really yummy. I made it this week for dinner for my fam. :)

Here ya go! It's YUMMY:)

Lazy Lasagna Chili
(Soups, Stews and Chilis Recipe Card Collection)

1 cup coarsely chopped zucchini
½ cup coarsely chopped onion
1 lb sweet Italian turkey sausage (4 links)
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 (26 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
2 (14-14 ½ oz) cans beef broth
1 cup water
1 ½ cups uncooked pasta nuggets (radiatore)
2 Tbls snipped basil (optional)

1. Coarsely chop zucchini and onions using Food Chopper; set zucchini aside. Remove casings from sausage; discard casings. Heat Professional (4 qt) Casserole over medium heat until hot. Add sausage, onion and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; cook sausage 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking sausage into crumbles; drain.

2. Add spaghetti sauce, broth and water; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 7 minutes. Stir zucchini into chili' cook 2-4 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat; stir basil into soup, if desired. Ladle soup into bowls; serve with Garlic Crostini (see "Souper" Sides recipe card), if desired.

Makes 6 servings (8 cups)

pamperedgirl3 said:
I like the Lazy Lasagna Chili--that was a hit last year. I also like the Corn Chowder--

and the Corn Chowder recipe is found where??? ;)

quiverfull7 said:
pamperedgirl3 said:
I like the Lazy Lasagna Chili--that was a hit last year. I also like the Corn Chowder--

and the Corn Chowder recipe is found where??? ;)

I think that recipe is in the Soup/Stews recipe cards. I don't have them right in front of me right now, but I am pretty sure that is where the recipe is from.

pchefkristin said:
The Chicken Vegetable Alfredo soup is to die for! You use the stock pot, stir fry skillet, and just to mix things up a bit I use the 12 muffin stone, turned upside down and sprayed with veg oil... then I take some Grands biscuits and mold on over each bottom of the muffin to make little soup bowls.

Very cute idea! I may have to ask DH to stop for some on his way home from work! We're having the Corn Chowder from the Soups recipe cards. Great way to show an additional use for Stoneware for January Soup & Slippers Shows!

pchefkristin said:

I forgot to ask about your bread bowls! I need details please! How long do you bake these for? do tell:chef:

lacychef said:
I forgot to ask about your bread bowls! I need details please! How long do you bake these for? do tell:chef:

I'd like more info on this too!

What are some quick and easy soup recipes for busy weeknights?

Some quick and easy soup recipes for busy weeknights include chicken noodle soup, tomato soup with grilled cheese, and vegetable soup with canned beans.

What are some healthy soup options for those watching their diet?

Some healthy soup options for those watching their diet include vegetable and lentil soup, minestrone soup, and chicken and vegetable soup.

What are the best tools for making soups and stews?

The best tools for making soups and stews are a large stock pot, an immersion blender, a ladle, and a slotted spoon.

Do you have any vegetarian or vegan soup recipes?

Yes, we have a variety of vegetarian and vegan soup recipes, such as roasted red pepper and tomato soup, vegetable lentil soup, and creamy potato leek soup.

What is the best way to thicken soups and stews?

The best way to thicken soups and stews is to use a roux (cooked mixture of flour and fat), cornstarch, or pureed vegetables.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cindycooks
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • Suzyengl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies