• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do you need more shows for September?

If you are interested in theme shows, I can give you a list of shows that I know about. Thank you for your time.
gilliandanielle
My director just sent this to me. It has some good ideas and info. Good luck with your September!

Gillian:D

Want more shows for September? Get on the phone!!

WHO TO CALL:

1. ANYONE who has purchased a stone from you! Just go to the TOTAL ITEMS SOLD HISTORY report and enter a search by product # - #1300-1490. The date range should be at least a year. (Now, these product numbers will produce more than stone tallies so be sure to print it out and highlight the stone purchases.)

2. Call all your hosts from last September! Their discount is about to expire and this year's special is even better!

3. Call all of the "maybes" and those who have recently canceled or postponed a show. I would even go back a year with this one.

WHAT TO SAY:

I know there are many reasons to host a show but the focus I am using below is STONES so remember, no matter WHAT YOU SAY, you need to FIRST be sure the DESIRE for more stones is there, otherwise your words and attempt is moot.

You could say something like:

LIVE CONVERSATION:

For stone purchases within the last 3-4 months:

"HI! This is _____ with The Pampered Chef! Is this a good time for you?..... GREAT! I am doing out-of-the-box calls. I am calling to see if you have taken your _______stone out of the box yet!" wait for reply, jot down notes. Be prepared for her to mention other products she has purchased that she likes, has problems with or has questions about.

If she loves her stone, then move on to orange-colored the script below. If she has not taken it out of the box, then you want to be sure you have a few tips and simple recipe suggestions to offer her by phone, mail or email. Inquire as to whether or not she owns other stones that she is using. IF so, then move on to mention the September special. If not, then tell her that you will call her in the next week to see how she is liking her stone! and then BE SURE TO CALL BACK!

I say something like this: "I do not feel my job ends when I sell you stone or any other product. That is only part of my job. I also want to be sure you are satisfied with your purchase and more importantly, I want to be sure you are getting the FULL benefits of our stones. I will email you a few recipes and tips for using your stone and with your permission; I am going to call you back in a week or so to follow up. It will only take a few minutes! What is the best time to call?"

...To inform of specials: (this can be used for anyone you call-just adjust the first 2 sentences)

"I am so glad you love your stones. I do not know how I have survived without them before! Is there another stone or 2 you are interested in adding to your kitchen?" wait for reply. "I am so excited about an upcoming special and I would be doing you a disservice if I did not let you know about it. Do you like HALF-OFF sales?....I knew you'd say yes! Well, as a host next month, you will be eligible to purchase UNLIMITED stones from 40%-50% off! PLUS, with a qualified sales, you will also be able to select up to 3 stones of your CHOICE for FREE and also be eligible for all of our awesome host benefits which usually comes out to about $100 or more in FREE products! This is an incredible opportunity not only for you to stock up for yourself or holiday gift-giving at incredible savings, but it is a great opportunity for your guests t o do the same as well! What do you think?! Is this an awesome deal or what?!" wait for reply.

"Now, that you are all excited, why don't we schedule a kitchen show so you can start your wish list?" SET THE DATE and MAIL THE PACKET within 24 hours.

if she declines,:

"I know how crazy life can get and I do not want you to miss out on this great savings opportunity. Why don't you just pass around some catalogs to your family, friends and co-workers and you can still be eligible to receive everything I mentioned earlier?" MAIL THE CATALOGS within 24 hours.

if she declines:

"I understand. Are there any stones you would like to add to your kitchen at 20% off? I am taking pre-orders and can have them to you by the second week of September."

Thank her for her time and offer to follow up.

I know I did not mention any of the theme shows. I tried to focus mostly on the stones. I have been mentioning the themes once they book, but the opportunity will probably arise while you are talking with her and you can interject that info as needed. For example, if she mentions that she loves using her stone to make biscuits, cookies, etc., then you can mention our partnership with Pillsbury and how by hosting a Simply Stunning Appetizer Show in September, she and her guests will receive a terrific recipe to take home as well as a money-saving coupon from Pillsbury!

For those who were hosts last September, the script can apply, just add:
"You hosted a show last September and received the _____ stones. How are you liking them? How would you like some more?!" then go on to tell her about the specials.

For those maybes or postponed shows, you could add:

You previously expressed interest in hosting a show and for one reason or another, we have had a hard time connecting. _______ already received credit for your booking and now it is YOUR turn to reap the benefits! I HAD to call you and let you know about....."

some tips:

MARK OFF THE DAYS you want to do shows FIRST.

SET A GOAL and SET A DEADLINE:

How many shows would you LIKE to do?

What is the LEAST YOU WILL ACCEPT?

example: I want 12 shows, but I will accept no less than 8....and I will have at least 8 shows booked by Friday.

The goal gives you padding and the deadline gives you focus.

Once you get your lists of who to call compiled, DIVIDE IT UP!

Break it down into 3- 5 calls a day (or more if you are up to it.)

I would recommend a mix:
Some stone purchasers, past hosts and maybes

IF YOU WANT SHOWS, BE COMMITTED TO DO THIS OR EXPECT NOTHING FOR SEPTEMBER, especially if your August was not what you wanted! I am not trying to be harsh. I am just being real. I know that if I do not get on the phone, my schedule will NOT change!

I BELIEVE IN YOUR SUCCESS! SEPTEMBER IS GOING TO ROCK

That's great. I'll try that.

Thanks that is a great idea... i will try that !!! :)

Very true, you gotta do those CC calls!:eek: Seems like when you do, people are surprised to see that you actually care if they like their products. You don't see consultants from other companies doing that! (I don't anyway!)
I am really pumped for September, with the stone sale & new season, I have 5 shows booked, plus about 4 more that had said they wanted to have a show then-just haven't gotten ahold of them. Woo-hoo:)

Another thing to do is to highlight the great value of the stoneware being on sale next month. Here is a flyer showing how much they can save with a 400 dollar show. I have used this and now have 10 on the book and several more to call.

Attachments

• stoneware special.doc
    585 KB · Views: 793
Can you give us a breakdown/specific examples of how the Host can do this?
thanks,
Suzy in Texas

Rectangle Baker 60% off 17.20
Deep Dish Baker half price 14.00
Oval Baker half price 13.20
Total for half price and 60% off 44.40

Square Baker 26.00
Deep Dish Pie Plate 23.80
Mini Baker 16.80
Small Oval Baker 14.00
Total 80.60
60.00 FPV 20.60
20% host discount 4.12
Total 16.48
Total half price, 60% off and regular product 60.88
9% Tax 5.48
Grand Total 66.36

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!

I have 1 more cooking show this month (next Monday!), so I'm printing this out to put in my guest folders!!!!! THANKS FOR SHARING :)

Melissa, some of your numbers looked off to me, so I put it all into PP and this is what I came up with. I also did the special's calculations in PP based on a $500 show, as that is my current show average.

Attachments

• stoneware special calculations.pdf
    600.3 KB · Views: 529
But you didn't use the Guest Special price for your calculations. The host can purchase the stoneware at 20% off, PLUS the discount she earns depending on show sales...

I just did the math again and the original document is correct. I couldn't get PP to make the rectangle baker come up at $17.20 though. It kept coming up at $8.40 (the sale price of the mini-baker) so I had to add the $8.80 to make the figures correct. I am going to run a product update and see what happens, but watch out to make sure that your price for the host's rect. baker is the right one ($17.20) so that you don't get your show held for payment!

It's listed at $17.20 on the flyer I have from the Consultant News.

What a great deal!!!! My tax is 7.7%, so a host could potentially get all that stoneware for $65.57!!!!!! WOW!!! And I've got just the person to call about it, too ;)

I used Melissa's flyer at my open house last night! I set up all of my glazed stoneware and displayed the flyer beside it - I got 3 bookings for Sept. and 1 catalog show! And my director LOVES the flyer - she is passing it on to our whole cluster!
Thanks Melissa for doing that math - I had never thought of the stoneware sale that way before!

quick questionI'm sorry, I am a new consultant and I had a question. You can do half off then add their discount on top of that? And you can give them the 20% discount then deduct the FPV?? Can you always do this? I haven't put in an order yet and this new info could really help me!!

mbh06 said:
I'm sorry, I am a new consultant and I had a question. You can do half off then add their discount on top of that? And you can give them the 20% discount then deduct the FPV?? Can you always do this? I haven't put in an order yet and this new info could really help me!!

They get two products half off at the $400 level. They have to pay the "other half" of the half price items (you can't take it out of FPV). They also have to pay the 40% left on the host special outright. It is such a good deal because September is the only time that a collection of things is 20% off -I think! Normally the special is purchase $60 and get this free. Also, they get more stoneware because the host special and guest special are the same items, just a diff. percentage off. So enter in all the stoneware using the special numbers on the host and guest special sheets. Use one host number and the rest guest numbers. Then check two off that are the most expensive at half price. then the FPV will be deducted from the total. The actual total may vary due to tax and which products are ordered, but you can bet they are saving a TON on stoneware!

soccermama said:
It's listed at $17.20 on the flyer I have from the Consultant News.

What a great deal!!!! My tax is 7.7%, so a host could potentially get all that stoneware for $65.57!!!!!! WOW!!! And I've got just the person to call about it, too ;)

We don't have a sales tax, so my hosts get the stoneware for $60.88! Also, on the flyer it says $17.20, and that is the right price, but when I put it into PP it came up with $8.60 as the price. Can someone else input the #HH80 into their PP and see what price comes up?

soccermama said:
But you didn't use the Guest Special price for your calculations. The host can purchase the stoneware at 20% off, PLUS the discount she earns depending on show sales...

oops! lol... so the host can use the guest special for their order as well? if so, that is great, but that would mean that hosts can get the stones for up to 50% off, after their FPV, half-price and host specials. PC is willing to practically give away that much stoneware for that cheap?

after i changed the numbers to reflect the guest special pricing, it calculated out differently.

$400 show:
- $64.53 for 7 piece
- $107.38 for 8 piece (added deep covered baker)

$500 show:
- $47.06 for 7 piece
- $81.04 for 8 piece

do these figures look better than the last? I didn't know that hosts could use the guest pricing for all the stoneware they ordered.. for sure I'm asking everyone if they want this deal! :D thanks for setting me straight -- this could help me get a TON of shows!

p.s. i'm also printing off a bunch of these postcards and handing them out to everyone i meet.. "hey would you like a set of stoneware for over 75% off?" and go from there. (my figures are based off a $500 show as that is my average..) i hope to get a lot of bookings from this!

Attachments

• stoneware spectacular postcard.pdf
    212.4 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:
I think I shaved Some more off...Here is an attachment if you play with the Half Price Items they can get the set for $39.75 before tax with a $500 show and $60.88 before tax with a $400 show... My math looks right with Pampered Partner. This is an amazing deal !!!

Frank

Attachments

• september sample.doc
    101 KB · Views: 490
chefinyou said:
Here is an attachment if you play with the Half Price Items they can get the set for $39.75 before tax with a $500 show and $60.88 before tax with a $400 show... My math looks right with Pampered Partner. This is an amazing deal !!!

Frank

can you put that in word?

I can't edit anything in Adobe

Also with changing it a little you could use it a postcard invitations:cool:

chefinyou said:
Here is an attachment if you play with the Half Price Items they can get the set for $39.75 before tax with a $500 show and $60.88 before tax with a $400 show... My math looks right with Pampered Partner. This is an amazing deal !!!

Frank

is your tax different than mine? my pre-tax total is 40.80, and then there is (at 6%) 2.45 tax, which makes 43.25 total for 7 piece set/$500 show. still, at 43.25, it's 80% off for the set! :D awesome!!!

whiteyteresa said:
can you put that in word?

I can't edit anything in Adobe

Also with changing it a little you could use it a postcard invitations:cool:

That is in word, those are just screen shots of Pampered Partner...

pchefinski said:
is your tax different than mine? my pre-tax total is 40.80, and then there is (at 6%) 2.45 tax, which makes 43.25 total for 7 piece set/$500 show. still, at 43.25, it's 80% off for the set! :D awesome!!!

I didn't use tax on these, but mine is 8%. I just kept playing with the half price item combinations to get the lowest price possible without losing any "Free Product" money to come up with $39.75 (BEFROE TAX) for a $500 show.. Good Luck to you all September could be a great month!

Frank

I love the postcards, but can't edit them. Can you post them in the word doc or email them to me? I'd love to have them at my Open House Sunday!
Thanks!!
Joanne
[email protected]

Joanne, I made the postcards in Publisher, so if you have that, you can edit them. But if you dont have it, then I dont' mind chaning the information to yours and emailing it to you.. Frank, what item did you use for the Host 60% off? Maybe that is making a difference in my numbers.. I'm using the rectangular baker. for some reason i just can't figure out how to get it to your figures.. the lowest i can get pre-tax is 40.80

Thanks I understand a little better.

WOW AND DOUBLE WOW! Great idea! I have 2 shows on the 8th, so I'll be contacting my Hosts and making sure they know about that. Thanks again!

WAIT!! :eek:

Will PC allow us to order the Guest Special on the HOST order? AND use the HOST CREDIT?? I thought that the GUEST SPECIAL was only for GUESTS...or at the very least, you couldn't use the FREE PRODUCT to pay for it!

Did someone check this out with them?:rolleyes:

If the host spends $60 after all of her free stuff is gone. Yes a host can get the guest special also. If her 1/2 price stuff is more than $60. yes she can

Anyone can get the 20% off stone special, No need to spend $60. The host can get the 20% off prices plus whatever discount her guest sales are up to. When she uses her FREE money for the stones, it will take it off at the 20% off price. You just have to remember to use the special numbers for this, as PP will not recognize the discount unless those numbers are in there correctly. HTH

pchefinski said:
Melissa, some of your numbers looked off to me, so I put it all into PP and this is what I came up with. I also did the special's calculations in PP based on a $500 show, as that is my current show average.

Here's the Publisher verson. I dont know how to turn it into a word document, so if anyone needs me to put their info on it and send a PDF of it to them, please let me know. I'd be happy to help :D

pchefinski said:
Here's the Publisher verson. I dont know how to turn it into a word document, so if anyone needs me to put their info on it and send a PDF of it to them, please let me know. I'd be happy to help :D
The problem with publisher is that you have to have the exact same version in order to open a doc.

Do you realize that with that offer you could be spending HOURS putting everyone's information in! If someone else can open the doc, change it to word and re-post it would make life much easier for Amanda. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
pchefinski said:
Joanne, I made the postcards in Publisher, so if you have that, you can edit them. But if you dont have it, then I dont' mind chaning the information to yours and emailing it to you..

Frank, what item did you use for the Host 60% off? Maybe that is making a difference in my numbers.. I'm using the rectangular baker. for some reason i just can't figure out how to get it to your figures.. the lowest i can get pre-tax is 40.80

Amanda,

Check out my post here

http://www.chefsuccess.com/showpost.php?p=75881&postcount=18

It has a word document attatched with screen shots from PP. No Tax included

Frank

BethCooks4U said:
The problem with publisher is that you have to have the exact same version in order to open a doc.

Do you realize that with that offer you could be spending HOURS putting everyone's information in! If someone else can open the doc, change it to word and re-post it would make life much easier for Amanda. :rolleyes:

Here is an editable pdf that you can type your name and email and phone number in at the bottom below the PC logo. Just type it in once and it will show up on all the cards.

Amanda, are your prices with tax, becuase I can make these fields editable too? Also how did you come up with your price on the covered baker?

Frank

Attachments

• stoneware spectacular postcard FILL IN.pdf
    270 KB · Views: 361
I would LOVE to have the prices fields editable if someone can do it! We don't have tax here, so I need one with just the base prices. I am doing a fair next week and would really like to have these to hand out.

Also, I would like to know how the covered baker is that cheap without it being 20% off too, which it isn't.

chefinyou said:
Here is an editable pdf that you can type your name and email and phone number in at the bottom below the PC logo. Just type it in once and it will show up on all the cards.

Amanda, are your prices with tax, becuase I can make these fields editable too? Also how did you come up with your price on the covered baker?

Frank

frank, i put your exact order and stuff into my PP and this is what i got.. i dont get it. why is it different than yours? i've updated my pp and downloaded the product update.. i just can't figure out why it's cheaper for you than me.. 39.75 vs 42.14... ??? am i missing something?

here's the baker configuration.. quicker than explaining it. now, if something is wrong with my PP then it might be even cheaper than that.. but that's what i have so far.
81.04 (with covered baker)
- 43.25 (without covered baker)
---------------
= 37.79 difference

Attachments

• i dont get it.doc
    88 KB · Views: 493
  • covered baker calculations.JPG
    covered baker calculations.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:
pchefinski said:
frank, i put your exact order and stuff into my PP and this is what i got.. i dont get it. why is it different than yours? i've updated my pp and downloaded the product update.. i just can't figure out why it's cheaper for you than me.. 39.75 vs 42.14... ??? am i missing something?
The top one is before tax and the bottom one is with your tax - I believe...

gilliandanielle said:
partnership with Pillsbury and how by hosting a Simply Stunning Appetizer Show in September, she and her guests will receive a terrific recipe to take home as well as a money-saving coupon from Pillsbury!

Where are you getting the coupons for this?

pchefinski said:
oops! lol... so the host can use the guest special for their order as well? if so, that is great, but that would mean that hosts can get the stones for up to 50% off, after their FPV, half-price and host specials. PC is willing to practically give away that much stoneware for that cheap?

after i changed the numbers to reflect the guest special pricing, it calculated out differently.

$400 show:
- $64.53 for 7 piece
- $107.38 for 8 piece (added deep covered baker)

$500 show:
- $47.06 for 7 piece
- $81.04 for 8 piece

do these figures look better than the last? I didn't know that hosts could use the guest pricing for all the stoneware they ordered.. for sure I'm asking everyone if they want this deal! :D thanks for setting me straight -- this could help me get a TON of shows!

p.s. i'm also printing off a bunch of these postcards and handing them out to everyone i meet.. "hey would you like a set of stoneware for over 75% off?" and go from there. (my figures are based off a $500 show as that is my average..) i hope to get a lot of bookings from this!

Amanda, I *love* the postcards!!! Is there any chance you can make them into word documents for us please?

pchefinski said:

here's the baker configuration.. quicker than explaining it. now, if something is wrong with my PP then it might be even cheaper than that.. but that's what i have so far.
81.04 (with covered baker)
- 43.25 (without covered baker)
---------------
= 37.79 difference

Amanda,

This may Help explain things better, AGAIN my figures are with NO TAX. I zeroed out my tax in PP just to give veryone here the base cost and then you can apply your own TAX for your area. Below is a complete breakdown Host Receipt for the 7 pieces with and without the Baker for a $500 show. Hope this helps. I will also be posting shortly the ediable post cards with the Price fields changeable as well.

Frank

Attachments

• Sept Test Host Receipt.pdf
    17.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Sept Test Host Receipt w Baker.pdf
    15.2 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
gilliandanielle said:
I would LOVE to have the prices fields editable if someone can do it! We don't have tax here, so I need one with just the base prices. I am doing a fair next week and would really like to have these to hand out.

Also, I would like to know how the covered baker is that cheap without it being 20% off too, which it isn't.

Here is the FillIn Postcards PDF you just need Adobe Reader to fill in all name info, and pricing info. Look at my previous post above for a complete breakdown from PP for a $500 show receipts... for pricing info BEFORE TAX!!!

I already have two shows booked early sept becuase of this...

Frank

Attachments

• stoneware spectacular postcard FILL IN.pdf
    190.1 KB · Views: 339
chefinyou said:
Here is the FillIn Postcards PDF you just need Adobe Reader to fill in all name info, and pricing info. Look at my previous post above for a complete breakdown from PP for a $500 show receipts... for pricing info BEFORE TAX!!!

I already have two shows booked early sept becuase of this...

Frank

That's almost perfect! Except the pics of the stoneware have 80% savings and it may vary for different peoples taxes. For example in my state the savings is about 69%!
Thanks for redueing it and making the #s editable.

heat123 said:
That's almost perfect! Except the pics of the stoneware have 80% savings and it may vary for different peoples taxes. For example in my state the savings is about 69%!
Thanks for redueing it and making the #s editable.

It is an 80% savings when comparing the Total Value of $211.75 which is BEFORE TAX. If you are going to calculate your savings based on the total value are you going to add TAX to your Total Value? If so I asume that needs to be editable as well.

Frank

I have a few catalog shows that are not local and so I've done a flier to explain to the hosts how to have people order the stoneware specials as well as showing the host exactly what they get and how to order if they want an entire set. What do you think?

Attachments

• SpecialDiscounts_small.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 415
tlenhoffThank you for that chart, that really helped me get the jist......

this is AWESOME....I'm getting on the phone as I type....

Wait!!!!!
dollfangs said:
Rectangle Baker 60% off 17.20
Deep Dish Baker half price 14.00
Oval Baker half price 13.20
Total for half price and 60% off 44.40

Square Baker 26.00
Deep Dish Pie Plate 23.80
Mini Baker 16.80
Small Oval Baker 14.00
Total 80.60
60.00 FPV 20.60
20% host discount 4.12
Total 16.48
Total half price, 60% off and regular product 60.88
9% Tax 5.48
Grand Total 66.36

The Deep Dish baker is $35, so half price would be $17.50 and not $14. You are listing the 60% off price!! Plus, the oval baker is $33, so half price would be $16.50 and not $13.20 like you have listed. I kept playing with it, and I couldn't get your price either!! Before tax, I get $83.68.

Omg Update!So After sending out my sept. newsletter a past guest contacts me about the wonderful post card about the Stoneware spectacular that was shared on this thread... she's all excited about that 7pc. deal and for $65.59 inc. tax and wants to do a catty show and is currently at $1200 and she thinks she may still have 1 or 2 more orders to collect by thursday!

So essentially she can get that 8 piece set FREE with $30 EXTRA credit to spare on anything else + her 4 @1/2 OFF selections!

I was at 12 pieces for the sell a thon promo before this show, so maybe I will reach the 24 piece deal with her order and whatever her guests ordered?!

Whoo-hooo! Just had to share!

heat123 said:
So After sending out my sept. newsletter a past guest contacts me about the wonderful post card about the Stoneware spectacular that was shared on this thread... she's all excited about that 7pc. deal and for $65.59 inc. tax and wants to do a catty show and is currently at $1200 and she thinks she may still have 1 or 2 more orders to collect by thursday!

That is fantastic. Way to go.

Good luck Heather! I hope you get to 24 pieces!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1234blessed
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
1234blessed
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Halle-Doodle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies