• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Mexican Themed Recipes for Your Next Fiesta

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for recipe options for a "Mexican Fiesta" show. They are not interested in the Taco Ring or Taco Soup and are hoping for suggestions for main dishes. Some possible recipes mentioned include a Family-Sized Baked Burrito, Mexican Salad Pizza, and Sopapilla Cheesecake. The conversation also includes a side note about the person being tired and a suggestion to check out the Spanish version of the Pampered Chef cookbook for more Mexican-themed recipes.
missyciccolella
I am looking for a couple of recipe options for a "Mexican Fiesta" show...I know there is much talk about this lately so forgive me. I am not interested in the Taco Ring nor the Taco Soup. I can't seem to locate the Family Burrito recipe and I am hoping for a few more main dish suggestions...can anyone help me? :confused:

On a side note, I am very tired and feeling uninspired today so please be patient as I need a nap:indif: .
Thanks!

There is a good tamale recipe and chicken verde skillet in the F/W cook book is really good.

I love the beef enchilada casserole from the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook!

Here's the Family Sized Baked Burrito:
Family-Size Baked Burrito
4-11” flour tortillas
2 Roma tomatoes
3 c. cooked chicken (or beef)
½ c. onion
1 lime
¾ c. salsa
*1 tbsp. Southwest Seasoning
1 garlic clove
1 ½ c. Co-Jack cheese
1 can (9 oz.) bean dip
Opt’l: lettuce, olives, salsa, sour cream, and Avocado lime sauce
Avocado lime sauce (1 avocado, ¼ c. sour cream,1 tbsp. lime juice, ¼ tsp. salt)

This was ALWAYS a hit at my shows!!! :thumbup: As for dessert, anything with chocolate and cinnamon together are very common.

The tamale verde skillet in the FW Seasons Best is SOOOOOOOO good! There was also a Green Chile frittata you'll be able to find in the theme show archives behind CC.Maybe do a recipe search using the southwestern seasoning as an ingredient--I bet you'll find a bunch. (There is a recipe search function behind CC if you didn't know).

Mexican Salad Pizza has been a huge hit at my shows! The recipe says to use the round stone but I have done it on the large Bar pan too.

2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 cups thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
2 green onions, choppped
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, coarsely chopped
1 1/4 cups medium thick & chunky salsa
1 (1 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
1 garlic, glove pressed
1 1/4 lbs lean ground turkey, cooked, drained and crumbled
1 cup sour cream
additional salsa (optional)

Preheat oven to 375'. Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange 14 of the triangles in a circle on a lightly floured pizza pan with wide ends even with edge of pizza pan and points toward the center. Place the two remaining two triangles in the center, pinching seams to seal. Roll dough to create a smooth surface. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.
Combine the salsa, seasoning mix and garlic; mix well. Add cooked turkey; toss to coat. Microwave on high 2-3 minutes or until hot. Spread sour cream over crust. Spoon turkey mixture over sour cream. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese and olives. Serve immediately with additional salsa if desired.

At my show last week, the hostess made Sopapilla Cheesecake to go with the Beef Enchilada Casserole from the 29 Minutes cookbook. It was so good and very easy. Here is the recipe:

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar

Using a 9 x 13 baking pan, unroll one package of refrigerated crescent rolls and line the bottom of the pan. Flatten.
Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and extract.
Spread over the crescent rolls.
Unroll the other can of crescent rolls and place on top of cream cheese mixture.
Pour one stick of melted butter or margarine over the top and sprinkle with about 1/2 cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

jenf said:
At my show last week, the hostess made Sopapilla Cheesecake to go with the Beef Enchilada Casserole from the 29 Minutes cookbook. It was so good and very easy. Here is the recipe:

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar

Using a 9 x 13 baking pan, unroll one package of refrigerated crescent rolls and line the bottom of the pan. Flatten.
Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and extract.
Spread over the crescent rolls.
Unroll the other can of crescent rolls and place on top of cream cheese mixture.
Pour one stick of melted butter or margarine over the top and sprinkle with about 1/2 cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

THAT STUFF IS TO DIE FOR. LOVE IT!!!! I have also added apples to it to and it is so good. Thats making me want to make some now.

Christ Follower said:
I love the beef enchilada casserole from the 29 minutes to dinner cookbook!
That's what I was going to suggest!

And that dessert recipe sounds yum-o!

Thanks for the tips and especially the Family Burrito recipe. Isn't there a stacked tortilla recipe somewhere? It just kind of came to me, and all I remember is alternating flour tortillas with other ingredients like ground beef, beans, cheese, etc...am I making this up?

I used to make something like that called Mexican Lasagna. I made it in a rectangular pan (pre-PC), but you could totally do it in the DDB with tortillas that size so you don't have to cut any. (Good for us lazy cooks.) I usually layered flour tortillas with:
salsa
seasoned ground beef
refried beans
cottage cheese mixed with an egg and some oregano
shredded cheddar
Sorry no measurements, but it really was like a typical Italian lasagna, just with different flavors.

chefann said:
I used to make something like that called Mexican Lasagna. I made it in a rectangular pan (pre-PC), but you could totally do it in the DDB with tortillas that size so you don't have to cut any. (Good for us lazy cooks.)

I usually layered flour tortillas with:
salsa
seasoned ground beef
refried beans
cottage cheese mixed with an egg and some oregano
shredded cheddar
Sorry no measurements, but it really was like a typical Italian lasagna, just with different flavors.
Thanks and good to know I'm not the only "lazy" cook around here! LOL Was this a PC recipe at one time...I'm thinking before my days as a consultant...

There was something similar, but the recipe I worked from was in one of those community cookbooks.

All of these recipes are making me hungry. ;)

1. How can I make the perfect guacamole?

To make the perfect guacamole, you will need ripe avocados, lime juice, diced onions, chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Start by mashing the avocados in a bowl, then mix in the other ingredients until well combined. Adjust the seasonings to your liking and serve with chips or use as a topping for Mexican dishes.

2. What are some easy Mexican-themed appetizers?

Some easy Mexican-themed appetizers include mini quesadillas, stuffed jalapenos, and chips and salsa. You can also make a simple bean dip by blending together canned black beans, diced tomatoes, diced onions, and spices. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.

3. Can I make a vegetarian version of traditional Mexican dishes?

Yes, you can easily make vegetarian versions of popular Mexican dishes. For example, you can substitute beans or tofu for meat in tacos, burritos, or enchiladas. You can also use vegetables like peppers, onions, and mushrooms as the main filling in fajitas.

4. What are some healthy options for Mexican-themed meals?

Some healthy options for Mexican-themed meals include using lean proteins like grilled chicken or fish, opting for whole grain tortillas instead of flour, and using fresh vegetables in dishes. You can also make a lighter version of traditional Mexican rice by using brown rice and adding in diced tomatoes, onions, and peppers.

5. How can I make a traditional Mexican dessert?

One traditional Mexican dessert is churros. To make these, you will need flour, sugar, cinnamon, butter, and oil. Mix the flour, sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl, then add in melted butter and water to form a dough. Heat oil in a pan and pipe the dough into the oil, frying until golden brown. Roll the churros in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon and serve with chocolate dipping sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kimberlymmj
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
KimoMakano
  • ChefJWarren