• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Halloween Recipes From Wayne's Weekend (Wmaq in Chicago)

In summary, the conversation revolves around a television segment featuring Halloween recipes, and the suggestion to use TPC products on the show. The pumpkin soup recipe is discussed, with a suggestion to add ginger and nutmeg for more flavor. The conversation also mentions a kitchen gadget segment and the use of TPC products in cooking.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I posted this in a thread over in Chef's Lounge and it seems like maybe it should be here for all of you to see, too. You see, I just got home from spending a couple of days in Lombard, Illinois, in the shadow of HO but without being able to go there. The WMAQ (NBC affiliate on channel 5) television morning show has a segment called Wayne's Weekend and this week, Wayne was sharing recipes from the weather guy's wife - Halloween recipes that look terrific - someone at HO should be all over WMAQ about using our products on the air.Check out the video of http://www.nbc5.com/video/10110671/index.html from October 20, 2006.The http://www.nbc5.com/today/10105188/detail.html are here and I can hardly wait to try the pumpkin soup - but the cookies sound pretty good, but I think they'd all be a lot better if Wayne was cooking with TPC products. :DUPDATE: I made the pumpkin soup last night but sans hot peppers since I can't do hot anymore. It seemed a little bland, like something was missing. Perhaps it needs the jalopeñas to liven up the pumpkin. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open. It might make an interesting demo recipe because you can use a lot of TPC tools to make it.

You might try adding some ginger (1/2 grated/minced) and a little nutmeg to liven it up without making it without making it spicy.

What great segments. There are some really good ideas there. They would also be great for people looking for theme ideas. Thanks for the link.:)

did you guys watch the one next to it 10-12 kitchen gadgets... some we had in variations the tablespoon's in one, the egg slicer etc thought that was cool~tiffany p

That kitchen gadget segent did look interesting, didn't it? I think that was our measuring spoon but made in different colors for some other company. I like the collapable measuring cups because storage is always a problem in my kitchen. I'm not throwing out my PC measuring cups, though. ;)

1. What type of recipes can I find in "Halloween Recipes From Wayne's Weekend"?

In this collection, you will find a variety of fun and festive recipes perfect for Halloween, including appetizers, entrees, desserts, and drinks.

2. Are the recipes easy to follow even for beginners?

Yes, all of the recipes featured in "Halloween Recipes From Wayne's Weekend" are designed to be easy to follow, even for those with limited cooking experience. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure success.

3. Can I make these recipes ahead of time for a Halloween party?

Absolutely! Many of the recipes in this collection can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until you are ready to serve them at your Halloween party.

4. Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients used in "Halloween Recipes From Wayne's Weekend" can be found at most grocery stores. If there are any specialty items needed, they will be listed in the recipe and can usually be found at a local specialty food store or online.

5. Can I substitute ingredients in these recipes for dietary restrictions?

While the recipes are designed to be followed as written, many of them can be easily modified for dietary restrictions. For example, you can use gluten-free flour in place of regular flour or substitute dairy-free alternatives for any dairy products. However, please note that we have not tested these substitutions and cannot guarantee the results.

Back