• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recommendation for an Asian Dish

In summary, the Pampered Chef Steamed Wonton Purses and Crab Rangoon Dip are good options for an Asian-inspired Bridal Shower.
Jennifer E
I have a Bridal Shower in a few weeks (my first!) and have been asked to do an Asian type dish.This will only be my second show, so I don't have a ton of additional PC products, but I might be able to borrow from my recruiter. I also need it to be quick and very easy, as to not take away too much from the shower. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

In the current season's best

The Pampered Chef ®
Steamed Wonton Purses
Recipe

Wontons

1/2 lb (250 g) 93% lean ground turkey
1 egg
2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix
1 tbsp (15 mL) plain dry bread crumbs
1 garlic clove, pressed
16 square wonton wrappers

Sauce

1/4 cup (50 mL) rice vinegar
2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
1 tbsp (15 mL) Asian Seasoning Mix
1 garlic clove, pressed

For wontons, combine turkey, egg, soy sauce, seasoning mix, bread crumbs and garlic pressed with Garlic Press in Classic Batter Bowl. Mix using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®.

Spray inside of Stainless Steamer with nonstick cooking spray. Place wonton wrappers on smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Using rounded Small Scoop, place a scoop of turkey mixture onto center of each wonton. Lightly brush outer edges with water. Bring corners of each wonton up toward center. Pinch edges to seal and place into Steamer.

Bring 3 cups (750 mL) water to a boil in (12-in./30-cm) Skillet. Reduce heat to a simmer and place Steamer into Skillet. Cover; cook wontons 5-7 minutes or until Digital Pocket Thermometer inserted into center of wontons registers 160°F (71°C). Meanwhile, for sauce, combine ingredients in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. Carefully transfer wontons to serving platter using Sauté Tongs. Serve wontons with sauce.

Yield: 16 appetizers

Nutrients per serving: (1 appetizer and about 1 tsp/5 mL sauce): Calories 80, Total Fat 1.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 390 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, one 1-in. (2.5-cm) piece peeled fresh gingerroot, finely grated, 2 garlic cloves, pressed and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper can be substituted for the Asian Seasoning Mix in the wontons.

For seasoning mix in the sauce, substitute1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh gingerroot and 1 tsp (5 mL) toasted sesame oil.

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

Asian Pork Noddle Skillet. I use chicken instead of pork. Search the Season's Best on CC. You'll need a 12" skillet and Asian seasoning. It's a quick one-pot meal with Ramen Noodles.

I second the Steamed Wonton Purses!

The Crab Rangoon Dip is also excellent.

Crab Rangoon Dip

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup sweet and sour sauce
1/2 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat
1 green onion with top (about 1/4 cup thinly sliced)
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds

Crispy Wonton Chips (optional)

Directions:
1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and garlic pressed with Garlic Press using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R). Add Swiss cheese; mix until well blended. Spread cream cheese mixture over bottom of Mini-Baker.

2. Spoon sweet and sour sauce over cream cheese mixture. Coarsely chop crabmeat using Food Chopper; sprinkle evenly over sauce. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 4-6 minutes or until outside edges of dip are bubbly and dip is heated through.

3. Meanwhile, thinly slice green onion using Santoku Knife. Sprinkle dip with green onion and almonds. Serve dip warm using Small Bamboo Spoon with Crispy Wonton Chips, if desired.

Yield: 16 servings (about 3 1/2 cups)

Nutrients per serving: Calories 110, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 200 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: If your microwave oven does not have a turntable, rotate baker halfway through microwave time.

To toast almonds, place almonds in Small Micro-Cooker(R); microwave 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 30-second interval. Cool completely.

Crispy Wonton Chips

32 square wonton wrappers
Vegetable oil

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut wonton wrappers in half diagonally; arrange half of the wontons in a single layer on Large Round Stone. Spray with oil using Kitchen Spritzer.
2. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove chips from baking stone; cool completely. Repeat with remaining wontons. Serve with Bamboo Tongs.
Yield: 64 chips (16 servings)

Nutrients per serving: Light (4 chips): Calories 45, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 90 mg, Fiber 0 g

The Steamed Wonton Purses, with the Ginger Wasabi, and Thai Peanut Sauces for dipping have been a smash hit for me! I ALWAYS double the recipe. A single recipe is never enough for any party I've done.

Baked Potstickers are always a hit! I usually use the sweet chili sauce instead of making the dipping sauce. The Pampered Chef ®
Baked Potstickers with Sweet Asian Dipping Sauce
RecipePotstickers
1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
1/4 cup grated carrot
1 teaspoon peeled and finely grated fresh gingerroot
1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
24 square wonton wrappers
Pantry Basil Oil or vegetable oil Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup red jalapeño jelly
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. For potstickers, finely chop water chestnuts using Food Chopper. Thinly slice green onions using Chef's Knife. Grate carrot using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Finely grate gingerroot using Microplane® Adjustable Grater. In Stainless (2-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine water chestnuts, green onions, carrot, gingerroot, chicken, soy sauce, egg white, mayonnaise and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well using Classic Scraper. 2. To assemble potstickers, place 12 wonton wrappers onto smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Lightly brush edges of each wonton with water using Pastry Brush (see Wonton Shapes). Using Small Scoop, place a mounded scoop of filling onto center of each wonton. Shape and seal wontons as desired. Place potstickers on Large Round Stone; lightly spray with basil oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Repeat with remaining wontons. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges of potstickers are golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. 3. Meanwhile, for dipping sauce, place jelly in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until warm; add vinegar and soy sauce. Whisk until well blended using Stainless Mini Whisk. Transfer potstickers to Simple Additions® Rectangle Platter using Chef's Tongs; serve with dipping sauce.Yield: 24 potstickersNutrients per serving: Light (2 potstickers and 1 tablespoon sauce): Calories 140, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat .5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 360 mg, Fiber 1 gCook's Tip: Wonton wrappers are 3-inch square sheets of dough similar to pasta dough. They are used to make a variety of Asian-style dumplings, which are typically boiled, pan fried or deep fried, and can be found in the produce section of most supermarkets.Wonton Shapes
Candy Wrapper: Brush only top edge of wonton with water. Beginning at bottom edge, roll wrapper to form a cylinder shape. Pinch to seal, leaving ends flared.Envelope: Brush all four edges of wonton. Fold one point over filling and overlap with the opposite point. Repeat with remaining two points.Pyramid: Brush all four edges of wonton. Fold up two opposite points toward the center and pinch to seal only at top. Fold up remaining two points toward center and pinch all seams to form pyramid shape.Ruffle: Do not brush wonton with water. Fold edges up in a ruffled pattern, forming against filling and standing straight up. Do not pinch at top.© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

Last edited:

1. What are some popular Asian dishes that I can make at home?

Some popular Asian dishes that are easy to make at home include stir-fry, sushi, dumplings, curry, and fried rice. These dishes typically require simple ingredients and can be customized to suit your taste preferences.

2. Can you recommend a specific Asian dish for a beginner cook?

Soup-based dishes like ramen or pho are great options for beginner cooks. They typically involve boiling or simmering ingredients and are forgiving if you make mistakes. Another easy dish is teriyaki chicken, which only requires a few ingredients and can be made in a skillet.

3. I have dietary restrictions, are there any Asian dishes that are vegetarian/vegan-friendly?

Yes, there are many vegetarian and vegan options in Asian cuisine. Some popular dishes include tofu stir-fry, vegetable curry, vegetable sushi rolls, and veggie dumplings. You can also substitute tofu for meat in many dishes.

4. What are some essential ingredients to have on hand for making Asian dishes?

Soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and ginger are essential ingredients for many Asian dishes. Other common ingredients include garlic, green onions, chili sauce, and fish sauce. It's also helpful to have a variety of noodles and rice on hand.

5. Can you recommend a good website or cookbook for Asian recipes?

There are many great resources for Asian recipes, but some popular options include the websites Allrecipes.com, FoodNetwork.com, and Epicurious.com. Cookbooks such as "The Complete Asian Cookbook" by Charmaine Solomon and "Every Grain of Rice" by Fuchsia Dunlop are also highly recommended for authentic Asian recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bethany.harapat
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • julsradford