• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help With Egg Dish That Can Be Prepared Ahead of Time

In summary, the person is looking for suggestions for an egg-based dish to bring to a church brunch on Saturday morning. They mention their preference for baked egg dishes and ask if anyone has tried the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata recipe. Other suggestions include the Sausage and Pepper Brunch Bake, Ham 'N Eggs Brunch Braid, and Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares. The person ended up making the Oven Omelet from a cookbook and received compliments, despite not normally eating eggs.
aPamperedBride
Gold Member
I have a church brunch on Saturday morning and volunteered to bring something (always do as a way to advertise). I was asked to make an egg-based dish. Unfortunately, I can't find my copy of the Twas the Night Before Christmas Omelette recipe where you can prepare all the night before in the batter bowl and just bake in the morning.

I am not a morning person and only eat eggs when they are baked in something (like Dutch Babies). Has anyone tried the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata
Recipe? Any other suggestions that are quick and easy? Ham 'N Eggs Brunch Braid sounds good but I'm afraid I'd have to get up too early to make it!

Thanks in advance!

The Sausage and Pepper Brunch Bake (in the files section) can be made ahead of time (I have a family member that made it for a friend after a death and then they just got to bake it when ready that weekend). Plus I have heard it is really good!

I love the ham and cheese brunch squares! Oh mama! The recipe is in CC one of the featured recipes.

The Sausage Biscuit Frittata that you asked about specifically is really good. The Italian Sausage adds some good spicy flavor to it. We've eaten it as leftovers since there are only 2 of us in the house, and it reheats pretty well in the microwave. However, you can probably prep the eggs and just assemble and bake the day you need it. (pop it in the oven and then hop in the shower so you're multitasking)

I ended up making the Oven Omelet from the "Recipes From the Heart Cookbook" that we used to sell for fundraisers. After receiving several compliments, I tried it myself and was pleased! Remember, I normally don't eat eggs.

What is the best egg dish that can be prepared ahead of time?

The Mini Frittatas recipe is a great option for an egg dish that can be prepared ahead of time. The individual portions make it easy to reheat and serve, and you can customize the fillings to your liking.

How far in advance can I prepare an egg dish?

You can prepare an egg dish up to 24 hours in advance. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to cook.

Can I freeze an egg dish that has been prepared ahead of time?

Yes, you can freeze an egg dish that has been prepared ahead of time. Make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container before freezing. When ready to serve, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven or microwave.

What is the best way to reheat an egg dish that has been prepared ahead of time?

The best way to reheat an egg dish is in the oven or microwave. If using the oven, preheat to 350°F and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through. If using the microwave, cover the dish with a damp paper towel and heat on high for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through.

Can I make an egg dish ahead of time for a large group?

Yes, you can make an egg dish ahead of time for a large group. The Mini Frittatas recipe is a great option for this, as you can easily make multiple batches and customize the fillings for different preferences. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly if making a larger batch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefharris
  • basketmom2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Paige Dixon
  • pamperedlinda