• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for an Asian/Thai Inspired Vegetarian Dish

In summary, there are various Asian/Thai ingredients that can be used in vegetarian dishes such as tofu, soy sauce, coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger, and vegetables. Traditional Asian/Thai dishes can also be made vegetarian by substituting meat with plant-based proteins like tofu or mushrooms. Some easy vegetarian recipes for beginners include vegetable fried rice, tofu and vegetable stir-fry, pad thai, and vegetable curry. Vegetarian alternatives for fish sauce include soy sauce and homemade versions using soy sauce, vinegar, and spices. Pre-made curry pastes can also be used in vegetarian Asian/Thai dishes, as long as they do not contain any meat or fish products.
bethany.harapat
I am doing a cooking show at a natural foods place and she wants a vegetarian asian or thai dish. She would like an appetizer if possible.

They have a stove top...but no oven so I need to try and avoid the oven. She said they have a tiny thing, but I shouldn't plan on using it.

Any suggestions would be fantastic! Thank you!

There was a recipe for baked potstickers awhile back, but you can panfry them instead. Instead of chicken, use crumbled tofu to make it vegetarian.

You could do the Thai Peanut Stir Fry and replace the chicken with tofu too.

I steam the pot stickers and they are very yummy! A vegetarian friend is having a party next month & I'm thinking of making them!

Hi there! I would suggest making vegetarian spring rolls or summer rolls for your cooking show at the natural foods place. They are easy to make and don't require an oven. You can fill them with a variety of fresh vegetables and herbs, and serve them with a delicious dipping sauce. Another option could be a vegetable stir-fry with tofu, served with rice or noodles. You can also try making a vegetarian pad thai dish using rice noodles and lots of veggies. I hope these suggestions help, and good luck with your cooking show!

What are some Asian/Thai ingredients that can be used in a vegetarian dish?

Some common Asian/Thai ingredients that can be used in a vegetarian dish include tofu, soy sauce, coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger, and various types of vegetables such as bok choy, mushrooms, and bell peppers.

Can I substitute meat in traditional Asian/Thai dishes to make them vegetarian?

Yes, many traditional Asian/Thai dishes can be adapted to be vegetarian by substituting meat with tofu or other plant-based protein options. For example, you can use tofu instead of chicken in a stir-fry or use mushrooms instead of beef in a curry.

What are some easy Asian/Thai vegetarian recipes for beginners?

Some easy Asian/Thai vegetarian recipes for beginners include vegetable fried rice, tofu and vegetable stir-fry, pad thai with tofu, and vegetable curry. These dishes are simple to make and use common ingredients that can be found in most grocery stores.

Are there any vegetarian alternatives for fish sauce in Asian/Thai cooking?

Yes, you can use soy sauce or tamari as a vegetarian alternative for fish sauce in Asian/Thai cooking. You can also make a homemade vegetarian fish sauce by combining soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and spices like garlic and ginger.

Can I use pre-made curry paste in vegetarian Asian/Thai dishes?

Yes, there are many pre-made curry pastes that are vegetarian-friendly and can be used in Asian/Thai dishes. Just make sure to read the ingredients list to ensure it does not contain any meat or fish products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies