• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Main Dish Recipes Can I Do Without a Kitchen?

In summary, my friend is looking for a quick and budget-friendly main dish for her upcoming party. Suggestions for dishes that would work well are appreciated.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
...for what to do as a demo.

A friend of mine is doing a party the first week of October. Her ancient microwave just gave up the ghost, and because they are remodeling and will be putting one in over the stove, she isn't buying another one until then. Her kitchen is small, and there would be no room for other people in the kitchen (barely room for 2 people at a time).

We will most likely be having the show in her living room, which is separate from the kitchen, so all of my usual show recipes aren't going to work. I can't do the 30 Minute Chicken, or the Fajitas, I also can't do the Creamy One Pot Pasta or the Asian Skillet- but she wants a Main Dish recipe that is budget friendly and quick.

Any suggestions? I know I should be able to think of what to do...but I'm at a loss right now!

What about something like the Cool Veggie Pizza or the Clubhouse Chicken Squares? Just bring the crust pre-baked.

That is a hard one...
You could do the recipe before hand and do a catalog walk through. There was just a thread talking about the show RAEBATES does.

The Satay Chicken Pasta Salad would still work. You'd have to prepare the chicken and pasta ahead of time or have the host take care of the pasta while you're talking. Because the salad can be served cold, you could do it either way.

Bring a burner and do the pasta or the noodle skillet right there in the living room!

I would second the pasta salad suggestion.You could also get a hot plate from the store and make the recipe that way .... but it would be hard to do if your table is small.

DebbieJ said:
Bring a burner and do the pasta or the noodle skillet right there in the living room!

I don't do that anymore! I've had a few near misses with the burner getting bumped by someone(and small children running around), or someone tripping on an extension cord....makes me too nervous!

JAE said:
The Satay Chicken Pasta Salad would still work. You'd have to prepare the chicken and pasta ahead of time or have the host take care of the pasta while you're talking. Because the salad can be served cold, you could do it either way.

That might be an idea. I would just be disappointed about not being able to do the chicken in the DCB....but I could make it at home and just tell them how I did it....

Could you do the spinach carbonara pizza?

I was going to say the same as Debbie!

You could still do something that has to be baked; just demo prep in front of them. You could go back to an oldie but goodie, like the taco ring. My host the other day requested that.

I've baked brownies ahead of time in the 9x13 then assembled a trifle in front of them.How about a strawberry cream cheese trifle or a peanut butter one or something...or maybe layered fruit in the trifle bowl...

Oh yeah, you could just do a dessert show:thumbup:

Host wants a main dish.

JAE said:
Host wants a main dish.

Yeah it would help if I read rather than skimmed!!!!

I'd go with a salad with precooked chicken...

the mini burgers are fast and really easy to make...what about those? I have made them at the past 4 shows I have done and they have been a hit every time... I have made them with both turkey and ground beef.

I know it is fall, but how about the cheeseburger salad? Think of it as one way to keep the summer going. Economical, fast, simple, delicious! Precook the meat, and assemble at the show.

ChefBeckyD said:

A friend of mine is doing a party the first week of October. Her ancient microwave just gave up the ghost, and because they are remodeling and will be putting one in over the stove, she isn't buying another one until then. Her kitchen is small, and there would be no room for other people in the kitchen (barely room for 2 people at a time).

We will most likely be having the show in her living room, which is separate from the kitchen, so all of my usual show recipes aren't going to work. I can't do the 30 Minute Chicken, or the Fajitas, I also can't do the Creamy One Pot Pasta or the Asian Skillet- but she wants a Main Dish recipe that is budget friendly and quick.

Any suggestions? I know I should be able to think of what to do...but I'm at a loss right now!

The creamy one pot pasta I did in August with a hot plate. I even had a show outside in the parking lot of an apartment building. It works great and is budget friendly.

Thanks everyone for some great ideas!

I am going to give her some of these choices, and see what we can come up with!

(And not a dessert....oh - did I mention she hates chocolate?:eek: Good thing I love her, or I don't know how we'd be friends!:rolleyes:)

I've done shows in the living room, and I usually do the Braids or Twists, cook the meats and then prepare it infront of them because it is so interesting to watch. or the Ham puffs.

Good Luck

I think I should let you guys know - I've NEVER done a braid, ring, or wreath for a show. EVER.:eek:

I did a ring once. I only had the medium stone at the time, which works, but there isn't much extra room! The only problem was, the host had bought the 50% bigger crescent rolls, which are HUGE! It took me a while to figure out why it was not working... there was so much much extra crescent dough, and no where to put it, I had to start cutting off bits of excess dough... It was not as pretty as I'd hoped, but looked OK in the end! We did the chicken club ring thingy, which is yummy!

Now for my question. What is the difference between a ring and a wreath, and how do you do a braid? I think I could fudge a braid, but I'm curious as to the proper instructions!

Never done a ring? Wow! They are so popular around here....super easy but they look like it would take forever. That was one of the first PC recipes I ever saw 7 years ago; & they're still a local fave.

AnnieBee said:
I did a ring once. I only had the medium stone at the time, which works, but there isn't much extra room! The only problem was, the host had bought the 50% bigger crescent rolls, which are HUGE! It took me a while to figure out why it was not working... there was so much much extra crescent dough, and no where to put it, I had to start cutting off bits of excess dough... It was not as pretty as I'd hoped, but looked OK in the end! We did the chicken club ring thingy, which is yummy!

Now for my question. What is the difference between a ring and a wreath, and how do you do a braid? I think I could fudge a braid, but I'm curious as to the proper instructions!

I never understood the written instructions - but then the All The Best Cookbook came out! It has an entire section devoted to rings, wreaths, and braids - with pictured step-by-step instructions.

lacychef said:
Never done a ring? Wow! They are so popular around here....super easy but they look like it would take forever. That was one of the first PC recipes I ever saw 7 years ago; & they're still a local fave.
When I first started, I had several of my first hosts request specifically that I NOT do a ring. They all said they had seen them done numerous times, and wanted something different. So, I never did them as a new consultant, and now, there are so many things I want to do (and I personally don't care for the rings much) that I've just never offered them. I've never had anyone request one either though.

AnnieBee: There are a few pages in All The Best that show how to do the rings, braids and wreaths. Seeing the pictures really help (instead of just trying to read the instructions - which way are the ends pointed??). I am certain someone scanned them in and they are in the files section.

Rings make wonderful main dishes.
My faves are Lemon Herb Chicken Ring & Chicken Club Brunch Ring. I have been told that the Chicken Broccoli Braid is good. The Taco Ring is good - but I don't think it shows enough.

Make the filling and you can put it in any of the shapes. Though I have the easiest time with a Ring.

I have also made a Pepperoni Pizza Twist at a show recently and it was a hit.

Is there anyway you could offer your home for the demo??

I am doing that for a host in Oct.

Thanks Kathleen and Becky, the pictures would really help. I can do rings with no problem, but I'm curious about the other two.

Becky, I know what you mean about the rings - they're not my favourite thing to do, and not particulalry healthy, but you could choose some of the better and more intersting fillings, and just do it for a change. People who haven't seen them do think they're cool!

AnnieBee said:
Thanks Kathleen and Becky, the pictures would really help. I can do rings with no problem, but I'm curious about the other two.

Becky, I know what you mean about the rings - they're not my favourite thing to do, and not particulalry healthy, but you could choose some of the better and more intersting fillings, and just do it for a change. People who haven't seen them do think they're cool!

If you want to "class up" the rings, I bet they would work with puff pastry or homemade dough of some kind. Didn't Stephanie post her homemade crescent roll recipe a while back?

ChefBeckyD said:

... Her ancient microwave just gave up the ghost, and because they are remodeling and will be putting one in over the stove, she isn't buying another one until then. ...

Any suggestions?

Can you bring your own microwave?

Alexandra said:

LOL - that would require ripping it out of the wall above the stove - I don't think DH would like that too much!:)

Alexandra said:

I was going to suggest that as well, I did a show over the summer w/ the 30 min chicken and my hosts micro didn't fit the baker, I brought my own, but before I did that, the host had asked a few of her family if they could bring one for her to borrow...maybe she could find someone to borrow it off of for a day...also, on a side note, my host even offered to go buy one so I could use it for the demo, then return it back to the store for the refund! :eek:
I imagined something horrible happening w/ the microwave while I was doing the demo that she wouldn't be able to take it back and that's when I decided to bring my own! LOL
There HAS to be a way you can get a microwave for just a couple hours...I so know what you mean about wanting to do something in dcb...

I didn't read the whole thread but I have to say I wouldn't get or bring a microwave. That sounds like too much.

I would either do a no-cook recipe or something I could do with a hot plate. There are tons of great recipes that don't need an oven or microwave. If you want to promote the DCB and such then draw word pictures. I never bring the rice cooker but sell a lot when I talk about it. I also don't bring the DCB if I'm not using it but sell them too by telling what all can be done in it and talking about the $2 meals and quick meals.

1. What are some main dish recipes that can be done without a kitchen?

Some main dish recipes that can be prepared without a kitchen include salads, sandwiches, wraps, and no-cook pasta dishes. These recipes require minimal equipment and can be prepared in a living room or outdoor space.

2. Can you provide some budget-friendly and quick main dish recipes for a Pampered Chef demo without a kitchen?

Yes, some budget-friendly and quick main dish recipes that can be prepared without a kitchen include:

• Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze: This simple salad requires only a few ingredients and can be prepared in less than 10 minutes.
  • Grilled Chicken Avocado Wraps: These wraps are easy to assemble and are a great option for a protein-packed meal.
  • Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad: This no-cook pasta salad is perfect for a warm day and can be made ahead of time.
  • Turkey and Swiss Sliders: These mini sandwiches are a crowd-pleaser and can be made in a toaster oven or on a grill.

3. How can I adapt my usual Pampered Chef demo recipes for a kitchen-less environment?

If you are unable to use a stove or oven, consider using alternative cooking methods such as a grill, toaster oven, or slow cooker. You can also choose recipes that require minimal cooking, such as salads or no-cook pasta dishes. Additionally, make sure to have all necessary equipment and ingredients on hand before the demo begins.

4. What are some tips for hosting a Pampered Chef demo in a small living room?

When hosting a demo in a small living room, it's important to plan ahead and make the most of the available space. Some tips for hosting a successful demo in a small living room include:

• Clear out any unnecessary furniture to make space for the demo table and guests.
  • Utilize space-saving tools and appliances, such as collapsible bowls and cutting boards.
  • Encourage guests to stand or sit on the floor to create more room for others.
  • Keep the demo table organized and clutter-free to maximize space.

5. Can you suggest a main dish recipe that is both budget-friendly and quick for a kitchen-less Pampered Chef demo?

One recipe that fits both criteria is the Grilled Pineapple Chicken Skewers. These skewers are easy to assemble and cook on a grill or in a toaster oven. They also use simple, affordable ingredients such as chicken, pineapple, and bell peppers. Plus, they are a fun and interactive dish that will impress your guests at the demo!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefann
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kenzie09
  • 1PamperedMommy