• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious December Show Recipes for a Successful Sisterly Event

In summary, the sister is doing a show for her upcoming sisterhood event and is not sure what recipe she wants to do. She has a show with the sister each year and usually has a big turnout. Any recipe ideas? The lemon, walnuts, apples, honey, Brie, and phyllo cups provide the easy presentation. The oven is set to 400°F (200°C) and the phyllo cups are placed on a large sheet pan. The Brie is cut into cubes and placed into the phyllo cups. The phyllo cups are then baked for 6-8 minutes. The oven is then turned off and the sister proceeds to make the recipe for the show. The
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm doing a show for my sister next week. I'm not sure what recipe I want to do. Her microwave is too small for the DCB and her set up is such that I wouldn't have room to bring one.

She has a show with me each year, and usually has a big turnout.

Any recipe ideas?

Honey-Apple Brie BitesPrepared phyllo cups provide an easy and elegant presentation for this appetizer.
Ingredients:
1 lemon
1 cup (250 mL) toasted walnuts
2 medium red baking apples such as Jonathan (2 cups/500 mL finely diced)
1/4 cup (50 mL) honey
1 4-in. (10-cm) round (8 oz/250 g) Brie or Camembert cheese with rind
2 pkg (1.9 oz/53.86 g each) prepared mini phyllo shells (30 shells total)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Zest lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tsp (5 mL) zest. Coarsely chop walnuts using Food Chopper. Finely dice apple using Santoku Knife. Combine zest, walnuts, apple and honey in Classic Batter Bowl; mix gently.
Cut Brie into thirty 1/2-in. (1-cm) cubes using Utility Knife. Arrange phyllo cups on Large Sheet Pan. Place one Brie cube into each cup. Using Small Scoop, top Brie with a level scoop of apple mixture. Bake 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Yield: 30 servingsNutrients per serving: (1 appetizer): Calories 60, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 6 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber 0 gU.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving (1 appetizer): ½ starch, ½ fat (½ carb)Cook's Tips: To finely dice apple, slice off one side of apple, avoiding core. Thinly slice apple lengthwise; cut slices into thin strips. Finely dice strips.Prepared mini phyllo shells can be found in the freezer section of most major grocery stores.Make-Ahead: Brie cheese can be cut into cubes and placed into phyllo shells; place phyllo shells onto sheet pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 1 day in advance. Remove plastic wrap, prepare apple mixture and proceed as recipe directs.

Chicken and Broccoli Wreath. Festive, uses lots of tools, and feeds many.

Mexican Cheese Crisps. They look very festive, and they are yummy! I'm doing that as a demo, and adding some sauces and dips with crackers & bread.

Promote something different. Use the Cookbook for a Cause. Tell her you are doing it as a "type" of fundraising show with Round-Up from Hearts, The Cookbooks for a Cause and total round-ups tot he next dollar or more, for the extra pennies for Feeding America. The recipe I suggest, Taco Soup. It is amazing!
The trick here is to divide the recipe into thirds. Everything on the recipe can be divided equally by three. Even the 5 cups of water becomes 1 and 2/3 cups.
Then make two portions. Use the Stock Pot but you may need to reduce the water amount as the this recipe is actually meant to feed 21 people! And to be very honest, use ground chuck and not the turkey unless you can stand tiny little rubber balls in your soup. For some reason, the turkey gets very chewy as it cooks this way. (It was actually gross and I like ground turkey!)

3 options -
Option One - if you are cooking, prebake a large cookie and do Taffy Apple Pizza or Fruit Pizza.

Option Two - if you choose to not cook, do a "No Food No Fuss" show with
-trifle bowl
-ornaments in a solid color and ornaments in gold or silver
-ribbon
-fresh flowers like carnations
-candles
-Forged cutlery shears
-simple addi+ions - tiered server, cake pedestal, dots medium bowl, dots cup, any combination of squares and square bowls

You can show a lot of products and do a Martha Stewart/Debbie Lilley presentation of centerpieces, or "making food from the deli look like a million bucks".

I like doing something live and this Saturday am doing a vendor fair at a friend's business -premade tortilla chips with cinnamon and sugar (and thinking of doing some savory just because) and live, making my mom's cranberry relish: 1/2 bag of fresh cranberries + 1 red or green apple + 1 orange using the zest from the orange and 3/4 to 1 cup of sugar. Manual Food Processor... Yummy!

Thanks for the ideas so far. :)I don't have any fresh bottles of the sauces, but I do have the dessert ones. Maybe I could do a skillet cake and then cut it up into pieces for them to use to sample the various sauces. Would a yellow cake be fine for that? Or maybe I could just use animal crackers for them to dip and try the sauces as a second recipe and do something else for the demo?I could do a trifle. What are your favorites? I remember making the Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Trifle at my open house last year and not everyone liked it. I can do the PB Cup Trifle if nothing else. That's always a hit. :DOh, and the other factor I need to think about...she has 2 guests coming who are vegetarian/vegan. (They don't worry as much about the vegan aspect when they are out, though.)

1. What are some easy appetizer recipes for my December show?

Some easy appetizer recipes for your December show could include mini quiches, bacon-wrapped dates, and spinach artichoke dip.

2. Can you recommend any festive main dish recipes for a December show?

For a festive main dish, you could try making a holiday ham, roasted turkey, or a beef tenderloin with a cranberry glaze.

3. I have guests with dietary restrictions, do you have any December show recipes that cater to those needs?

Yes, we have several December show recipes that cater to dietary restrictions such as gluten-free stuffing, vegan roasted vegetables, and dairy-free desserts.

4. Are there any kid-friendly December show recipes?

Absolutely! You can make reindeer-shaped cookies, hot chocolate on a stick, and Grinch fruit kabobs to keep the kids entertained and well-fed at your December show.

5. Can I make any of these December show recipes in advance?

Yes, many of our December show recipes can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer. This can help save time and make hosting your show easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LeahMae
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • phyllisc121