• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making a Main Dish for Your Summer Cooking Show: Ideas & Advice

In summary, Pampered Chef demonstrates their products without the deep dish baker, which is a popular tool at the shows. The host can still demo the products, but will need to change their words a bit. Items that can be cooked in a short amount of time are perfect for the show. The Jerk Chicken Nachos are a favorite of the author's and can be made with chicken cooked in the deep dish baker or with a different cooking method.
vgibsonrn
So if we can't sell the deep dish baker, except to the host, why use it in a show..And if I don't use the baker what should I use to make my main dish for the show....I'm really stumped..Do I bake something in the oven all summer...Grill something(which I don't know much about except for steak and hamburgers)..What are you guys doing at your shows?

Pampered Chef existed for over 25 years before we had the DCB and we did lots of demos without it. We can still demo it, just have to change our words a bit. Look through our recipes. Anything that can be cooked in 30 minutes or less is perfect. You could do the crust of a pizza (sweet or savory) before the show and then do the toppings as the demo. Or do the s'more cups in the mini muffin pan or a salad or something in a piece of cookware or... the possibilities are endless. One thing I'll go back to doing is the 13 minute cake in the stoneware fluted pan. It, and talking about the other uses for this stone have made it one of my best sellers.

I also plan to offer parties where we do a tasting of the sauces or a dip with veggies to show off the cool & serve and then finish with a cool dessert.

I will still be using my DCB at all shows. It is a great booking tool! And in each recipe there are so many other products to feature that I don't think it will be a problem. I hope to see my bookings increase.

I have just depended on the baker since I really started in Dec that I just don't want to change...I will still us it for the Lave cake. It's just the main dish I can't seam to come up with...

Try the Three-Cheese Garden Pizza that is a new consultant recipe - it's an awesome standby.
The Jerk Chicken Nachos are also one of my all-time favorites - I would still cook the chicken breasts in the DCB in the microwave beforehand, but the recipe is finished off on the Large Bar Pan.

Not changing anything! The DCB has changed the way I feed my family during the week with our hectic schedule. I demo so many items during my recipes and always take stuff on the side to talk about. My mission is for every house to have one! CK

A consultant on my team had a show last week where she demoed the cake in DCB and had 6 bookings!!!!!! WOW!!

You'll run into host who don't have a big enough microwave for DCB so it's great to have a stand-by anyway. Make a dip (love the garden dip--all the best), the stoneware fluted cakes are always impressive in the microwave, try a trifle (lime berry mousse is a favorite-sb spring 07), or salad. The possibilities are endless.

Have booked 3 shows since yesterday so I better get ready....All my host were very open to suggestions about food...thank you all for your suggestions...So maybe cook the chicken in the DCB and make a salad and have lime tarts for dessert, or use the 12 inch skillet for the chicken, make a salad, and use the DCB for dessert....mmmmm. I can do this.....I can do this....:)

1. What are some easy main dish ideas for a summer cooking show?

There are plenty of easy and delicious main dish ideas for your summer cooking show. Some popular options include grilled chicken or fish, a refreshing salad with grilled shrimp, or even a build-your-own burger bar with all the fixings. You can also try incorporating seasonal fruits and vegetables into your dishes, such as a zucchini and corn frittata or a watermelon and feta salad.

2. How can I make a main dish that is suitable for all dietary restrictions?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions, including vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free options. You can also modify recipes to accommodate specific allergies or dietary preferences. For example, you can use alternative protein sources like tofu or beans in place of meat, or substitute dairy products with non-dairy alternatives like almond milk or coconut cream.

3. Can I make a main dish ahead of time for my summer cooking show?

Yes, you can definitely prepare a main dish ahead of time for your summer cooking show. In fact, many dishes actually taste better when they have had time to marinate or develop flavors overnight. If you are short on time, you can also prep ingredients beforehand and assemble the dish during the show. This will save time and make the cooking process smoother.

4. How can I incorporate seasonal ingredients into my main dish for a summer cooking show?

Summer is the perfect time to take advantage of fresh, seasonal ingredients. You can incorporate them into your main dish by choosing recipes that feature these ingredients as the star, such as grilled peaches with pork chops or a strawberry and avocado salad. You can also use seasonal herbs and spices to enhance the flavors of your dish.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef products to make a main dish for my summer cooking show?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools and cookware that can help you create delicious main dishes for your summer cooking show. From grilling tools to baking dishes to knives and more, our products are designed to make cooking easier and more enjoyable. Plus, many of our recipes are specifically developed to be used with our products, so you can trust that you will get great results every time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kenzie09
  • towerbabel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
towerbabel
  • leftymac