• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheap & Delicious Appetizer/Main Dish Ideas for Hostesses

In summary, there are many easy and budget-friendly appetizer ideas for hosting a party such as veggie platters with dip, homemade bruschetta, and mini quiches or tarts. For main dishes, options like pasta dishes, stir fry, slow cooker meals, and budget-friendly cuts of meat are both delicious and affordable. Vegetarian and vegan options can also be budget-friendly, including roasted vegetable skewers and lentil stew. Busy hostesses can save time by making appetizers and main dishes ahead of time, such as crockpot meatballs and make-ahead casseroles. To make dishes look elegant without breaking the bank, focus on presentation, use flavorful ingredients, and get creative with plating.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I am looking for ideas. I have a hostess who wants to make an appetizer or main dish for her shows. She is wants it to taste good, but wants to do it for as cheap as possible.
Any suggestions?

I think the Aloha pizza is pretty cheap. If you use canned pineapple instead.

The Clubhouse Chicken Squares, Western Potato Rounds or any of the Focaccia breads are also pretty cheap.

I think the Tomato Basil Squares are reasonable.

Do garlic pull apart breads. Get the cheap biscuts or go to Wally world and get the pilsbury for like $1.56 , get a cheap cake mix @ Wally world!!

jrstephens said:
I think the Tomato Basil Squares are reasonable.

And yummy!! My last host liked those more than the Anitpasto Vegetable Pizza

I make a pepperoni pizza braid when the host is tight on money. I have been known to donate some of my WIC cheese since we get 6lbs a month!!

Garlic pull aparts.

tomato basil squares or any of the pinwheels

Hot Pizza Dip is cheap.

DebbieJ said:
Hot Pizza Dip is cheap.
Ohh- that one's a good one! And you can serve it with the cheapie pretzels as dippers.

Thanks for all the great ideas.

1. What are some easy and budget-friendly appetizer ideas for hosting a party?

Some easy and budget-friendly appetizer ideas for hosting a party include veggie platters with dip, homemade bruschetta, chips and salsa, cheese and crackers, and mini quiches or tarts. These options are not only delicious, but also easy to prepare and won't break the bank.

2. Can you suggest some main dish ideas that are both delicious and affordable?

Yes, there are many delicious and affordable main dish ideas to choose from. Some options include pasta dishes like spaghetti or lasagna, stir fry with rice, slow cooker meals like chili or pulled pork, and budget-friendly cuts of meat like chicken thighs or ground beef.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for appetizers or main dishes that are also budget-friendly?

Absolutely! Some vegetarian or vegan options for appetizers and main dishes that are budget-friendly include roasted vegetable skewers, hummus and pita chips, stuffed bell peppers, lentil stew, and vegetable stir fry. These options are not only delicious, but also cater to dietary restrictions and are affordable.

4. Can you recommend any make-ahead appetizer or main dish ideas for busy hostesses?

Yes, there are plenty of make-ahead appetizer and main dish ideas that are perfect for busy hostesses. Some options include make-ahead bruschetta or dips, crockpot meatballs, marinated chicken skewers, and make-ahead casseroles like lasagna or mac and cheese. These options can be prepared in advance and simply heated up before serving.

5. What are some tips for making an appetizer or main dish look elegant and impressive without spending a lot of money?

There are a few simple tips for making an appetizer or main dish look elegant without spending a lot of money. First, presentation is key. Use nice serving dishes and garnishes like fresh herbs or sliced fruit to make the dish look more visually appealing. Second, use simple but flavorful ingredients like good quality cheese or olive oil to elevate the dish. Finally, don't be afraid to get creative with plating and presentation - a simple dish can look impressive with the right presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• workingmaof3
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
  • krzymomof4
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
caraighan
  • pampered2007