• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Anyone Help? Black Forest Trifle With Strawberries?

In summary, the hostess is substituting strawberries for cherries in her bridal shower, and is recommending using cranberry-cherry juice as a substitute. Some people have substituted strawberry pie filling without any issues, while others have omitted the almond extract and still had success. It is a good idea to omit the almond extract in this recipe for those with nut allergies.
rompydompy
Hi all, my host is having her bridal shower in 2 1/2 weeks, and I just called to follow up on her hostess packet... she said everything sounds great, except she doesn't really like cherries.... so could we sub in strawberries instead? I said sure, no prob... Im sure it wouldn't be that big a change, but has anyone done this before? Any particular product or suggestions you would recommend? Thanks!!!!! :chef:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this trifle and I HATE cherries (well, not real cherries, but I hate cherry pie and cherry pie filling - yuck!)

Anyway, you "flavor" the cherry pie filling with almond extract - so it really does not taste like cherries - in my opinion. It only has the texture.

But, there is Strawberry Pie filling available - maybe you could try that?

And, for the cranberry cherry juice - I have never been able to find it - so I have always used straight cranberry juice.

And I do it without the almond extract or the cranberry juice and people still love it. I would use the extra fudgy brownies, and maybe drizzle the chocolate sauce over the top? No different that chocolate dipped Strawberries. I say go for it. Then report back to us about how it was, LOL.

I do that trifle ALL the time- I changed a few things and called it Nancy's trifle-

here's why-

I get to the hosts house and bake the choc cake in the DCB in the micro-

when the show starts we cut up the cake an I pass a bit around so people see it does not bounce!

I have substituted strawberry pie filling ever since 1 of my guests at a show got a cherry pit! I was mortified- and do not wan to pay anyone's dental bills ...SO I switched to the strawberries.

I use thin out the pie filling with the juice- basically almost any juice- I just cranberry, cran apple, I've used ran grape or even apple. I omit the almond.

It comes out great !

Cranberry-Cherry juice is made by "POM". It is usually in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. It's usually with the organic stuff.

Chefgailb said:
Cranberry-Cherry juice is made by "POM". It is usually in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. It's usually with the organic stuff.

Ahhh!!! That's why! I was looking in the wrong area. But, knowing that, I imagine it is probably expensive.

Oh, and I can't believe everyone leaves out the almond extract!! LOL

We have done this several times by doing a layer of brownie, layer of sliced strawberries, and a layer of the coolwhip/pudding mixture...no other items added.

nancycookspc said:
I do that trifle ALL the time- I changed a few things and called it Nancy's trifle-

here's why-

I get to the hosts house and bake the choc cake in the DCB in the micro-

when the show starts we cut up the cake an I pass a bit around so people see it does not bounce!

I have substituted strawberry pie filling ever since 1 of my guests at a show got a cherry pit! I was mortified- and do not wan to pay anyone's dental bills ...SO I switched to the strawberries.
I use thin out the pie filling with the juice- basically almost any juice- I just cranberry, cran apple, I've used ran grape or even apple. I omit the almond.

It comes out great !

That's what the $2 per month insurance is for. :cool:

kam said:
Ahhh!!! That's why! I was looking in the wrong area. But, knowing that, I imagine it is probably expensive.

Oh, and I can't believe everyone leaves out the almond extract!! LOL

probably a good idea to leave out the almond extract. Many people have nut allergies, and may not expect nuts to be in this recipe.

Related to Can Anyone Help? Black Forest Trifle With Strawberries?

1. What is the recipe for Black Forest Trifle With Strawberries?

The recipe for Black Forest Trifle With Strawberries can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book. It includes layers of chocolate cake, cherry pie filling, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings.

2. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of strawberries in this trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit that you prefer in this trifle. Some popular substitutions include raspberries, blueberries, or a mix of different fruits.

3. Is this trifle difficult to make?

No, this trifle is quite simple to make. It only requires a few basic ingredients and can be assembled in a matter of minutes.

4. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle ahead of time. However, we recommend assembling it right before serving to ensure the cake stays moist and the layers stay intact.

5. Can I use store-bought cake instead of making my own?

Yes, you can use store-bought cake instead of making your own for this trifle. Just make sure to choose a chocolate cake that is sturdy enough to hold up to the layers and toppings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa2Boys
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jj16
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • gailz2