• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Strawberry Cream Trifle??

In summary, the conversation discussed making a Strawberry Cream Trifle with brownies instead of pound cake due to a small oven, using a Large Bar Pan or Round Stone to make pound cake, and suggestions for a Valentine's Day theme. The group also shared tips for making pound cake, including using an electric mixer or whisk and lining the pan with parchment paper for easy release. It was also recommended to bake the cake ahead of time and refrigerate it before serving.
PamperedK
Silver Member
Has anyone tried the new Strawberry Cream Trifle but with brownies instead of pound cake? I have a host who wants to try it because her friends really want to see the stoneware "in action". I would usually just change the recipe to something with the Large Bar Pan or Round Stone but she said her oven is really small so I don't want to get there and find that my stones don't fit.

Any suggestions? We're looking for a valentine's type theme.

You can make pound cake in whatever stone you were going to make brownies in. Some companies have pound cake mix available, or you can make your own by combining:
1 standard (18 oz) cake mix
1 4-serving (3 oz) instant pudding mix
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
1 cup milk
Mix and beat on HIGH with an electric mixer for several minutes (this helps beat a lot of air into the batter, which helps with the final texture). Pour into Rectangular Baker and bake as directed on cake mix.For "plain" pound cake, use yellow cake mix and vanilla pudding.

Thanks Ann - we'll do that!

Could you do this with a whisk? I don't have an electric mixer...

You can make your own "Pound Cake" in the large bar pan!

Regular cake mix, mix in small box of instant pudding powder to the cake mix, then add in other ingredients. Use one more egg than the recipe on the box tells you to. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

I line the pan with parchment paper for super easy release!

If you are doing a strawberry trifle, I would use either vanilla or yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding, and add in 2 teas. almond flavoring! YUM!

Sorry Ann! We must have been typing at the same time!!

Sounds good ladies, thanks.

Now...I don't think the large bar pan will fit. Should I use the rectangular baker or will the square baker work? Is pound cake difficult to release from the pan?

I won't have time to test this before her party!

What won't fit about the large bar pan?

Do you have parchment paper that you can line the pan with?
It's not "hard" to release, I just use the paper to make SURE I don't have any place where it sticks.

Her oven is really small so I don't think the Large Bar Pan is going to fit in it.

I don't like using parchment paper when I demo because I feel like I'm trying to sell them on how it's non-stick and then I go and use parchment paper.

Ahhh...now I understand!

You can make it in the rectangle baker, just cut it into cubes. I like the bar pan cuz then it makes the cake thin enough that I just have to cut it into squares and it's done!

Can you bake it at home ahead of time? You want it to be cooled off, anyways! In fact, when I do these trifles, I bake it at home and usually cut it (most of the way) up and take the cubes in a med. SA bowl. Then, just save a big chunk to cut up during your demo.

KellyTheChef said:
Ahhh...now I understand!

You can make it in the rectangle baker, just cut it into cubes. I like the bar pan cuz then it makes the cake thin enough that I just have to cut it into squares and it's done!

Can you bake it at home ahead of time? You want it to be cooled off, anyways! In fact, when I do these trifles, I bake it at home and usually cut it (most of the way) up and take the cubes in a med. SA bowl. Then, just save a big chunk to cut up during your demo.

good idea! I will do that...that way if it doesn't turn out I'll just go buy a pound cake! hahaha

Last question - can I use a whisk instead of an electric mixer?

Oh and...I'll have to make it the night before...will it be OK if I do that and keep it in the fridge?

It'll just take longer with a whisk - you want to make sure everything is completely mixed and it's aerated.

What is a Chocolate Strawberry Cream Trifle?

A Chocolate Strawberry Cream Trifle is a layered dessert made with chocolate cake, whipped cream, and fresh strawberries. It is typically served in a large glass bowl or trifle dish.

How do I make a Chocolate Strawberry Cream Trifle?

To make a Chocolate Strawberry Cream Trifle, you will need chocolate cake, whipped cream, fresh strawberries, and chocolate shavings. Begin by cutting the chocolate cake into bite-sized pieces and placing a layer in the bottom of your trifle dish. Next, add a layer of whipped cream and top with sliced strawberries. Repeat these layers until the dish is filled, ending with a layer of whipped cream. Finally, garnish with chocolate shavings before serving.

Can I use store-bought cake for a Chocolate Strawberry Cream Trifle?

Yes, you can use store-bought chocolate cake for a Chocolate Strawberry Cream Trifle. However, for the best flavor and texture, we recommend using a homemade chocolate cake. You can also use angel food cake or pound cake as a substitute.

How should I store a Chocolate Strawberry Cream Trifle?

A Chocolate Strawberry Cream Trifle should be stored in the refrigerator. If you are not serving it immediately, cover the dish with plastic wrap or foil to prevent the whipped cream from drying out. It can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.

Can I make a Chocolate Strawberry Cream Trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a Chocolate Strawberry Cream Trifle ahead of time. However, we recommend assembling it no more than a day in advance to prevent the cake from becoming soggy. Store it in the refrigerator and add any garnishes, such as chocolate shavings, right before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • schel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • janezapchef