• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried a Black Forest Trifle Yet?

In summary, the black forest trifle was a huge hit at the show today. The recipe calls for instant white chocolate pudding, but the baker substituted instant vanilla pudding. The almond extract blended wonderfully with the cherries in the dessert. The only downside was that the chocolate bar broke in half and was difficult to use. The curls were created by using a microplane grater to shave chocolate on top of the pudding. The recipe can be made ahead and refrigerated.
gailz2
Gold Member
I just made my first black forest trifle at a show this afternoon -- it was absolutely fabulous and everyone loved it! We used instant vanilla instead of instant white chocolate pudding (as it is hard to find in out town). I think the almond extract made a fabulous blend with the cherries!! If you haven't tried this dessert yet, I highly recommend it and so does everyone from my party.

The only con I had was using the 1/2 chocolate bar with the serrated peeler -- it works for just a while, then is too difficult, so I just broke up the rest with my fingers and threw it on the top.:sing:

I haven't made this yet....I'll have to give it a try. I'm not looking at the recipe now. Does it use stoneware or cookware? Was this a second recipe or did it stand alone?

I actually had my DIL make the cake in a glass 13 x 9 at her house as my oven is broken (and I'd offered to do that part ahead of time). I made it as a trifle, and you're supposed to cook the cake in stoneware, but no one knew. We also did a pork tenderloin in the DCB as the host had a DCB but had never used it. It was a smashing hit!

This is The Furry Guy's favorite of the trifles.

I had the same problem with the chocolate. I'd get a different kind of chocolate bar next tiem. I'm going to look for one that is all one bar with no sections or at least a harder bar. It is a wonderful trifle.

I use the grater or micro-grater to do the chocolate.

The curls are really cool looking, so I like the idea. I just need to find firmer bars.

I always use the grater too...

The Hershey's bars were firm enough, and I also liked the whisps of choc. the serrated peeler makes, but they are thin and not easy to get all the way to the end. Perhaps I will try a thicker bar next time.

raebates said:
I use the grater or micro-grater to do the chocolate.

Yes, I definitely use the microplane grater to shave some choc on top.

In fact, I have started bringing the microplane grater to every show with some hershey's kisses. It is so easy to grate the flat side of a hershey's kiss. This way I get the show the grater (even if I don't have a recipe with Parm cheese/or citrus rind in it).

Would the new cheese grater work? I'm doing this tonight at a show and was planning to use the cheese grater. I know the old one worked for grating chocoate and looked really nice.

Also, does it have to be chilled for 30 minutes or have you served it immediately?

I served mine immediately -- well about 10 minutes later with no refrigeration. I can't wait to make it again. I brought the cake to the show already made.

sburnside said:
Would the new cheese grater work? I'm doing this tonight at a show and was planning to use the cheese grater. I know the old one worked for grating chocoate and looked really nice.

Absolutely.

Yummy! Glad to hear this as I'm making it for the first time tomorrow night. Would freezing the Hershey bar help make the curls? Any other tips? I'm unable to practice this recipe....unfortunately. Happy to hear this was such a hit!

I don't think freezing the bar would help. It would be more likely to crumble than curl.

My candy bars were room temp and they worked fine.

Maybe it was me (or maybe it was the fact that it was Thanksgiving Day and there were a LOT of family standing around watching me) but the chocolate bar started to melt in my hand before I could get the curls made. We used the rotary grater and made "chocolate snow". No one complained a bit. ;)

I made this last night at my show - and, yes, IT ROCKED!! Everyone loved it. My candybars were room termperature and worked just fine in the cheese grater. I sold 4 easy accent decorators just by adding some whipped cream on the top using this tool. I love trifles and this is my new favorite - tied with the peanut butter trifle.

Recipe please ... I'm probably making this for my roomate's birthday.

hm, I may have to make this at our next holiday meeting! :)

1. What is the recipe for Black Forest Trifle Rocks!!!?

The recipe for Black Forest Trifle Rocks!!! can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book. It includes layers of chocolate cake, cherry filling, chocolate mousse, and whipped cream.

2. Can I substitute any ingredients in the Black Forest Trifle Rocks!!! recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions to fit your dietary needs or preferences. For example, you can use gluten-free cake or non-dairy whipped topping. However, keep in mind that the final result may differ slightly from the original recipe.

3. How long does it take to make Black Forest Trifle Rocks!!!?

The total time to make Black Forest Trifle Rocks!!! is about 45 minutes, with an additional 2 hours for chilling in the refrigerator. This makes it a great make-ahead dessert for parties or gatherings.

4. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of cherries?

Absolutely! While the traditional Black Forest Trifle recipe calls for cherries, you can use other types of fruit such as strawberries, raspberries, or even a mix of berries. Just make sure to adjust the recipe accordingly.

5. How do I store leftovers of Black Forest Trifle Rocks!!!?

If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. However, the longer it sits in the fridge, the softer the cake layers may become. We recommend enjoying it within 24 hours for the best taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa2Boys
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • jj16
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies