• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed With Black Forest Trifle!

In summary, to assemble the Black Forest Trifle, layer chocolate cake, cherry pie filling, and whipped cream in a trifle dish, ending with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and maraschino cherries on top. You can use any type of chocolate cake and chill the trifle for at least 2 hours before serving. It can also be made in advance and fresh cherries can be used instead of cherry pie filling.
Lisa2Boys
Anyone made the Black Forest Trifle? The recipe calls for 2 - 3.3 oz packages of instant pudding but I can only find 1 oz packages. What should I do?

Lisa2Boys said:
Anyone made the Black Forest Trifle? The recipe calls for 2 - 3.3 oz packages of instant pudding but I can only find 1 oz packages. What should I do?

I'd say get 7 of those?

That's what I thought too but isn't that too much pudding mix? The recipe only calls for 2 cups of milk and 1 box of 1 oz pudding mix calls for 2 cups of milk. I am so confused and this is my demo recipe at a show tomorrow.

I practiced the recipe today using only one box of pudding and it seemed to turn out fine. I just want it to turn out really good.

Are your boxes of pudding sugar free?

I don't think there are as much oz. wise in the SF ones.

You need 2 of the small boxes of instant pudding, or one large box of instant pudding

Hi there! I have made the Black Forest Trifle before and it is absolutely delicious! As for the pudding, I would suggest using three of the 1 oz packages instead of two of the 3.3 oz packages. The difference in weight may slightly alter the consistency, but it should still turn out just as tasty. Alternatively, you could also try using one 3.3 oz package and one 1 oz package for a total of 4.3 oz. I hope this helps and happy cooking!

1. How do I assemble the Black Forest Trifle?

To assemble the Black Forest Trifle, start by layering chocolate cake at the bottom of a trifle dish. Then add a layer of cherry pie filling, followed by a layer of whipped cream. Repeat these layers until the dish is full, ending with a layer of whipped cream on top. Garnish with chocolate shavings and maraschino cherries.

2. Can I use a different type of cake for the trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate cake for the Black Forest Trifle. You can also use store-bought or homemade cake, depending on your preference. Just make sure to cut the cake into small cubes for easy layering.

3. How long does the Black Forest Trifle need to chill before serving?

The trifle should chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together and the cake to absorb the cherry and whipped cream flavors.

4. Can I make the Black Forest Trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make the trifle a day in advance. Just cover it with plastic wrap and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. You may need to add some extra whipped cream before serving, as it may deflate slightly overnight.

5. Can I use fresh cherries instead of cherry pie filling?

Yes, you can use fresh cherries if they are in season. Just pit and chop the cherries and mix them with a little sugar before layering them in the trifle. If fresh cherries are not available, you can also use canned cherry pie filling or thawed frozen cherries.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RMDave
Replies
Views
whiteyteresa
  • gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies