• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Dessert to Bring to Work on Friday?

2. The Cool Whip Garnish was also thick and did not strain. I had to cut it with a knife into small pieces to decorate.3. Overall, the torte tasted really good. Everyone loved it and thought it was a great addition to our holiday party!The Cherry Cordial Torte is really awesome! I took it to work on "National Boss Day", and it was VERY well received!Though a couple of things I noticed:1. The Cherry Pie Filling is very thick and does NOT strain. I had to partially rinse them off with water. The directions do not say to use water, so I was a little leery of doing this - but it was
kam
Staff member
I need to bring a dessert to work on Friday.

I am thinking one of the following:
1. Black Forest Trifle
2. Cherry Cordial Torte
3. Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies

1. If I make the Black Forest Trifle in the morning, will it be soggy by lunch - or is it OK?

2. Will the Cherry Cordial be OK made the night before? Or does it get soggy?

3. I have only had the Brownies right out of the oven - are these OK cooled down the day after or do they get hard?

Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

Trifle will be fine if soggy, traditionally the cake part is soaked in some sort of liquid anyway (like tiramisu!).

Torte - I have no idea

WNCB - When I have made them they have been still great the day after, but I expect if they are overcooked they might be a little dry when cold.

I can't help with the first 2, but the brownies are awesome! I've made them several times and they are great the next day, every time!

the torte will be fine. It's supposed to be refrigertated before serving anyhow. You will wow them with that recipe!

Decisions...decisions

I have made the Brownies and Trifle at shows before - but I have never made the Torte and I am dying to try it!

So maybe I will make the Torte - I was just worried that the torte itself would get soggy overnight.

Thanks!

Last edited:
kam said:
Decsions...decisions

I have made the Brownies and Trifle at shows before - but I have never made the Torte and I am dying to try it!

So maybe I will make the Torte - I was just worried that the torte itself would get soggy overnight.

Thanks!

It won't get soggy one bit, and everyone will rave that it's the best thing they've ever had!

SOLD! The Cherry Coridial it is.

I have 1/2 day off on Thursday so that will give me plenty of time to make it!

Now I can't wait to try it. And it is only work, so if it doesn't look perfect, that is OK. I just want it to taste good.

When you make the filling for the torte - use REAL cool whip - not the store brand stuff. Also, fold the powdered sugar in first before the other ingredients, it will help to stabalize it so it will stay thick and fluffy.

The Cherry Cordial Torte is really awesome! I took it to work on "National Boss Day", and it was VERY well received!

That being said, however, I also took the Peanut Butter Torte from the current Season's Best, and they said they actually thought it was even better!!

Both were made the night before, both were very yummy!!

Paula
P.S. A Consultant friend of mine had not purchased a torte pan. She stopped over the day after I'd made the Peanut Butter torte, and we had a small piece left, which I gave her to try. She actually bought the torte pan after tasting this recipe!!
Good luck!

I vote for none of the above!!
the old celebrate cookbook or casual cooking has an awesome lemon cake I think its called cheesecake made in springform pan
very easy.travels well and is super impressive

Made the Cherry Torte today! Was suppose to be for our PC Holiday party but because of the weather it was cancelled. My girls were so excited they screamed "Do we get to eat the cake!!!" It was awesome we had dessert before dinner and then again after. Between the 3 of us it's almost gone! That's my vote.

Recently, at two parties, I have made Torte's and served each layer separate, rather than stack them. It serves more people, and is just the right portion. You can take the
two layers, unadorned, and decorate them just before serving them. Have your filling
ready to spread, and use cherry pie filling, and cool whip in a can to decorate the outer edge. I used the recipe for our Island Breeze rum cake, with pistachio pudding and cool whip, and the cherry pie filling and cool whip. The holiday colors in the ingredients were
so festive. Have fun.

Partial update: I made the Cherry Cordial Torte.

I made the torte part last night and cooled and wrapped them. I chopped the choc and toasted the almonds last night too and put them in prep bowls.

This morning before work, I made the filling and assembled.

It was really easy and only took about 10 minutes since I had the "prep" done.

Though a couple of things I noticed:
1. The Cherry Pie Filling is very thick and does NOT strain. I had to partially rinse them off with water. The directions do not say to use water, so I was a little leery of doing this - but it was the only way to strain off the glaze.
2. It was almost impossible to move the torte layers. The only thing that saved me was my HUGE pancake spatula. That was the only thing that was going to be able to move the torte layers. I was afraid of breaking them.

It looks VERY pretty - we have not tasted it yet.
Update: It is awesome! Everyone loved it.

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited:

1. What is a quick and easy dessert to bring to work?

One of the most popular desserts to bring to work is a fruit tray. Simply cut up your favorite fruits and arrange them on a platter for a delicious and healthy treat.

2. Can I make a dessert ahead of time?

Yes, many desserts can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer. Some great options include brownies, cookies, and no-bake cheesecake.

3. What if I have dietary restrictions?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes for desserts that cater to different dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan options. Check out our website for some delicious ideas!

4. Should I bring a dessert that requires reheating?

It is best to avoid bringing desserts that require reheating, as not all workplaces have access to a microwave or oven. Stick to desserts that can be served at room temperature or chilled.

5. How can I transport my dessert to work without it getting ruined?

Invest in a sturdy and leak-proof container for transporting your dessert. Alternatively, you can use a cooler bag with ice packs to keep your dessert fresh until it is time to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Chefcouts
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Patty Davis
Replies