• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bringing DH's Chili to Work: What Temperature Setting is Best?

In summary, the best temperature setting for bringing DH's chili to work is to keep it at a simmer, around 180-200 degrees Fahrenheit. A slow cooker can be used to keep the chili warm at work, and it is not recommended to leave the chili out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. The best way to reheat the chili at work is to use a microwave or stovetop, and toppings can be added before bringing it to work but are best kept separate until ready to eat.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
I made DH chili (in the DCB of course!) to take to work today for all of the guys he works with & I put it in my crockpot to keep it warm. It was in the fridge last night. I told him to put it on low today at work to get it up to temperature. They plan to eat in 3-4 hrs. Do you think low is enough or should it be on high?

I would actually recommend putting the crock in the microwave to warm the chili up first, and then putting it in the crockpot to keep it warm.

deanna_g said:
I would actually recommend putting the crock in the microwave to warm the chili up first, and then putting it in the crockpot to keep it warm.

It won't fit. :(

Hrm. Maybe put it on high for an hour and then turn it down to low? And tell him to stir it often if he can. That should help distribute the heat more evenly.

deanna_g said:
Hrm. Maybe put it on high for an hour and then turn it down to low? And tell him to stir it often if he can. That should help distribute the heat more evenly.

Thanks. Ill suggest it, but I doubt he will. He's a mechanice & gets paid by the job, so he tries not to step away very often. Oh well. If its cold, they can heat it in the microwave. Mayb one of the women at work will tend to it.

Related to Bringing DH's Chili to Work: What Temperature Setting is Best?

What is the best temperature setting for bringing DH's chili to work?

The best temperature setting for bringing DH's chili to work would be to keep it at a simmer, around 180-200 degrees Fahrenheit. This will ensure that the chili stays hot and safe to eat, without overcooking it.

Can I use a slow cooker to keep the chili warm at work?

Yes, a slow cooker can be a great option for keeping the chili warm at work. Just make sure to set it on the low or warm setting and stir occasionally to prevent burning. You can also transfer the chili from the slow cooker to a thermos for easier transportation.

How long can I leave the chili out at room temperature?

It is not recommended to leave the chili out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. After that, bacteria can start to grow and it may become unsafe to eat. It is best to keep the chili heated or cooled until it is ready to be served.

What is the best way to reheat the chili at work?

The best way to reheat the chili at work is to use a microwave or stovetop. Make sure to heat it to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure it is safe to eat. You can also use a thermos to keep the chili warm until it is ready to be eaten.

Can I add toppings to the chili before bringing it to work?

Yes, you can add toppings to the chili before bringing it to work. However, it is recommended to keep the toppings separate and add them when you are ready to eat. This will prevent the toppings from becoming soggy and keep the chili fresh and flavorful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies