• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Easy Dinner Ideas for a Guest Staying in a Seattle Hotel

In summary, a good friend of DH's is staying at a hotel in Seattle while his wife recovers from a second brain surgery in the last year and awaits the doctor's OK to fly home to Las Vegas. It's a pretty long story, but the gist is that a brain tumor was discovered almost by accident, and their doctor in Las Vegas wanted only the best to do the surgery. DH will be staying at the hotel for the next five days and is requesting ideas for dinner. There is an IHOP down the street, but eating out each night is expensive, so he doesn't want to eat in the hotel's restaurant. If I was there, I would just hop on over with my DCB as the room does have
NooraK
Gold Member
A good friend of DH's is staying at a hotel in Seattle while his wife recovers from a second brain surgery in the last year and waits for the doctor's OK to fly home to Las Vegas. It's a pretty long story, but the gist is that a brain tumor was discovered almost by accident, and their doctor in Las Vegas wanted only the best to do the surgery.

He will be staying at the hotel for the next five days. A continental breakfast is included, and he can take some of the goodies from breakfast to make lunch with. In his last email, he requested ideas for dinner. There is an IHOP down the street, but eating out each night is expensive, and he doesn't want to eat in the hotel's restaurant for the same reason.

If I was there, I'd just hop on over with my DCB as the room does have a microwave and a refrigerator (though, don't know if the micro would be big enough...), and there is a market close by where he can get ingredients. If I even had a PC friend in the area, I'd ask if it would work for both sides to go help.

So, any ideas for what he can make for dinner for two people when he doesn't have many tools to cook with? Any microwave ready meals that you know of that would be a good idea? Anyone want to go show him how great a DCB is :D (just kidding... sort of).

When DH came home from Iraq, he was stationed about 8 hrs away from us. We stayed in hotel for about 10 days so we could see him in the evenings. We would often get the Hormel microwavable dinners ( like beef and noodles) etc. There are other brands available- I wouldn't want to live on then but for 5 days they would work.

I was thinking about sandwich fixin's. Since he has the fridge, he could buy everything he needs. There are always soups, too. Assuming, of course, that those are things at appeal to him.

My DH is up in Buffalo, NY working and staying at a hotel suite w/kitchen...for dinner he sometimes runs over to Wegman's and buys(please don't slay me) a precooked chicken, sweet potatoe and frozen veggies....he heats these up in his micro and says it is okay....just not the same without me and the kids there:)... Many supermarkets make these chickens now, so I don't think he will have trouble finding them and his total cost for dinner w/drink is under $10....

Dear friend,First of all, I am so sorry to hear about your wife's health struggles. It must be a difficult time for both of you. I'm glad that you have a place to stay and a continental breakfast included, but I can understand your concerns about the cost of eating out every night.As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have some ideas for you that may help with your dinner situation. If you have access to a microwave and a refrigerator, there are actually quite a few options for easy and delicious meals.One idea is to use our Deep Covered Baker to make a quick and easy chicken and vegetable stir fry. All you need is some chicken, frozen vegetables, and your choice of sauce. The Deep Covered Baker can be used in the microwave and it cooks the food evenly and quickly.Another option is to make a simple pasta dish using our Microwave Pasta Cooker. You can cook the pasta in the microwave in just a few minutes and then add your choice of sauce and toppings. It's a great way to have a satisfying and homemade meal without a lot of effort.If you're feeling a bit more adventurous, our Rockcrok Dutch Oven is another great tool for cooking in the microwave. You can make things like soups, stews, and even roasted vegetables in it.I hope these ideas help and please know that I am here to answer any questions you may have. I also encourage you to reach out to any Pampered Chef friends in the area, as I'm sure they would be more than willing to lend a helping hand. Take care and wishing your wife a speedy recovery.Sincerely,

1. What are some easy dinner ideas for a guest staying in a Seattle hotel?

Some easy dinner ideas for a guest staying in a Seattle hotel include ordering takeout from local restaurants, making simple sandwiches or salads using ingredients from a nearby grocery store, or using a microwave to heat up pre-made meals.

2. Are there any specific dishes that are popular in Seattle that are easy to make?

Some popular dishes in Seattle that are also easy to make include seafood dishes such as salmon or clam chowder, as well as Asian inspired dishes like teriyaki chicken or sushi rolls.

3. Can you recommend any quick and simple recipes for a guest with dietary restrictions?

For guests with dietary restrictions, some quick and simple recipes could include zucchini noodles with marinara sauce for a gluten-free option, a quinoa and vegetable stir-fry for a vegetarian option, or a grilled chicken and vegetable skewers for a low-carb option.

4. Are there any local grocery stores or markets near Seattle hotels?

Yes, there are several local grocery stores and markets near Seattle hotels, including Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and Pike Place Market. These stores offer a variety of fresh and pre-made options for easy dinner ideas.

5. Can you suggest any easy dinner ideas that can be made in a hotel room with limited kitchen equipment?

Some easy dinner ideas that can be made in a hotel room with limited kitchen equipment include using a slow cooker to make chili or soup, making a simple pasta dish using just a pot and stovetop, or using a toaster oven to make mini pizzas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
minirottie
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies