• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help I Need a No Cook or Cook Ahead Recipe

In summary, the conversation is about a person preparing for a show at a gymnastics center and needing recipe ideas for a breakfast or brunch that doesn't require cooking. Suggestions include preparing a salad with toppings and dressing at the show, making a dessert like a cookie pizza or a cheesecake, and making a breakfast dish like Clubhouse Chicken Squares or a coffee cake in advance. Some concerns are raised about potential peanut allergies and overwhelming the audience.
Morvin
I am doing a show for some mother at a gymnastics center, while the kids are in practicing we will be in another room having a PC party thy show will be at 9:30am and I will have no way to do any cooking. No stove, oven, or microwave, and the director doesn't want me to use a hot plate. So i am looking for a recipe that either reguires no cooking or something that i can cook ahead of time but not worry about the food getting cold. And the show is early so I need a breakfast or a brunch recipe!! Boy i'm not asking to much am I (HE HE):eek: . If anyone could lend any suggestions or ideas that would help I would GREATLY appreciate it.:) :)

Thank you all!!
Heather:)

You could do a salad and prepare all of the toppings there. When my director does the dressing she pours the dressing in the mix and pour and adds garlic, pepper and she says by doing this it is making the dressing go further without the extra calories.

You could also do a desert and do the potatoe demo on the products.

Morvin said:
I am doing a show for some mother at a gymnastics center, while the kids are in practicing we will be in another room having a PC party thy show will be at 9:30am and I will have no way to do any cooking. No stove, oven, or microwave, and the director doesn't want me to use a hot plate. So i am looking for a recipe that either reguires no cooking or something that i can cook ahead of time but not worry about the food getting cold. And the show is early so I need a breakfast or a brunch recipe!! Boy i'm not asking to much am I (HE HE):eek: . If anyone could lend any suggestions or ideas that would help I would GREATLY appreciate it.:) :)

Thank you all!!
Heather:)

How about a big cookie pizza....Like the Taffy Apple Pizza, bake the cookie at home & finish it at the show!;)

Apple Berry Salsa? Make some cookies ahead of time or muffins. Coffee or tea in the Carafe... juice in the QSP...Good Luck!

Do one of the 1990's coffee cakes... Crescent dough you lay out in a circle like a ring, then cream cheese mixed with egg and 1/2 cup sugar, then pie filling - blueberry, cherry, apple or peach - then pull edges up and over. Then Bake until medium golden - about 18-20 mins at 350, then drizzle with a milk/powdered sugar glaze (1 cup powdered sugar with 2-3 tablespoons milk.) Make it ahead. Yummy and attractive.

Serve with fruit kabobs or just fruit in Chilzanne Rect or new round server - put yogurt dip in the middle... Yogurt mixed with whipped topping, or just plain 'whipped' style lemon or vanilla yogurt. Good Luck, God Bless You!

Ginger428 said:
How about a big cookie pizza....Like the Taffy Apple Pizza, bake the cookie at home & finish it at the show!;)

Being that you'll be around a group of children, you may want to think about potential peanut allergies... I know some kids cannot be even without smelling distance of peanuts...

Clubhouse Chicken Squares

It would be good for a brunch recipe

(You can print this on both sides of a 4 X 6 blank index card)

~

Attachments

• RECIPE CARD - Clubhouse Chicken Squares 001.doc
    78 KB · Views: 305
  • RECIPE CARD - Clubhouse Chicken Squares 002.doc
    24 KB · Views: 340
whiteyteresa said:
Clubhouse Chicken Squares

It would be good for a brunch recipe

(You can print this on both sides of a 4 X 6 blank index card)

~

I love those! Yummie!

How about the Harvest Chicken Salad - just bake the croutons ahead of time!

I love the apple berry salsa! This would also be good for the kids...but there would need to be a 2nd recipe as well. This one could be prepared there.

you guys don't think those recipes would be to much at 9:30 in the morning? I don't want to overwhelm them. I usually am not a big eater in the morning so I'm not a good judge.

Heather

Harvest Chicken Salad? but make the croutons ahead of time

CheesecakeUse the PC springform pan. (I love it!) It is 100% complete before the show. Just bring a can of cherries and put them in a SA small square.

I second the Clubhouse Chicken Squares. They are really light, but have a fantastic flavor. You can do a great demo with lots of tools, but have the crust baked before hand.

I don't think I could handle Salad at 9:30 in the morning...but I'm like you - not a big eater in the morning. Maybe muffins or a coffee cake in the fluted stone, and a fresh fruit salad? you could demo the salad - or just cut up fruit using different tools, and mix a fruit dip to go with it - here is one from the old Salad Recipe cards - I do this sometimes as just cut fresh fruit, and use the dressing as a dip:

Fruit Salad w/ Cool Lime Dressing

8 Cups assorted fresh fruit
1 lime
1 container key lime or lemon yogurt
1 cup thawed frozen whipped topping
Sweetened Flaked coconut, toasted (optional)

Zest lime using lemon zester/scorer (or microplane grater;) ) to measure 1 teas. zest, chop finely. Juice lime to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Combine yogurt. zest, and juice in small batter bowl; whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Cover & refrigerate until ready to use. Serve over fruit, sprinkle with coconut, if desired.

does the dressing or dip need time in the fridge before serving or can i mix it up right before serving? Thanks for the great ideas.
Heather

I personally would do a sweet recipe like muffins, coffee cake and/or fruit. 9:30 seems early for a savory recipe. Just a personal opinion. If it were closer to lunch I would maybe do a salad or some of the above mentioned squares but not that early in the a.m.

thanks that kinda my thoughts to!!

Morvin said:
does the dressing or dip need time in the fridge before serving or can i mix it up right before serving? Thanks for the great ideas.
Heather

You can mix it up as part of the demo....it just needs to be refrigerated if it's going to sit for a while before serving. If you serve it in the Chillzane REctangle server with fruit, you'll totally be covered!;)

1. What is a "no cook" or "cook ahead" recipe?

A "no cook" recipe is a dish that does not require any cooking or heating, and can be prepared and served immediately. A "cook ahead" recipe is a dish that can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to be heated and served.

2. What are the benefits of using "no cook" or "cook ahead" recipes?

The main benefit of using these types of recipes is the time-saving aspect. They are perfect for busy days or when you don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. They also require minimal clean-up and can be a great option for those who don't enjoy cooking.

3. Can I use "no cook" or "cook ahead" recipes for any type of meal?

Absolutely! There are a variety of "no cook" and "cook ahead" recipes available for breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers, and even desserts. You can find options for every meal of the day.

4. Are there any important tips to keep in mind when making "no cook" or "cook ahead" recipes?

When making "no cook" recipes, make sure to use fresh and high-quality ingredients for the best flavor. For "cook ahead" recipes, make sure to properly store and reheat the dish to maintain its quality. It's also important to follow food safety guidelines and avoid leaving perishable foods at room temperature for too long.

5. Can I modify "no cook" or "cook ahead" recipes to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, many "no cook" and "cook ahead" recipes can be modified to fit specific dietary needs. You can substitute ingredients or adjust the recipe to fit your dietary restrictions. There are also many recipes available that cater to specific dietary preferences, such as vegan, gluten-free, or dairy-free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lescalvelage
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Dina Atnip
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • ChefKelebel