• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pumpkin Pie Trifle Using Jello Pumkin Spice Pudding

In summary, the conversation is about a pumpkin pie trifle recipe that was sent by the speaker's sister. The recipe includes ingredients such as pumpkin spice pudding mix, milk, pumpkin, cream cheese, whipped topping, orange rind, Oreo cookies, and toasted pecans. The speaker's sister claims that this recipe was a hit at her Thanksgiving dinner. The speaker has not tried it yet but trusts their sister's expertise as a baker/chef.
thechefofnorthbend
Ok girls. My sister sent me this recipe this afternoon, because I "neener neener neener'd" her about having the pumpkin flavor jello before she had it. She says she tried this last year and it was a smash hit at her Thanksgiving dinner.

Pumpkin Pie Trifle

1 package (4-serving size) instant pumpkin spice pudding mix
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
dash of ground nutmeg
1 3/4 cups milk
1 can (15 oz.) 100% pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
8 oz. whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
8 oz. container frozen non-dairy dessert topping, thawed
1 1/2 tsp. grated orange rind
1 package uh oh Oreo cookies - white cookie chocolate center (split)
1/3 cup sliced almonds, or chopped pecans, toasted or macadamia nuts
Frozen non-dairy dessert topping (thawed) or whipped cream

Whisk pudding mix, spices and milk until smooth and thickened; whisk in pumpkin. Set aside.

In another bowl, stir cream cheese, half the whipped topping and orange rind until blended, then fold in remaining whipped topping; set aside.

Arrange Oreo's in bottom of 3-quart bowl or trifle bowl. Carefully spread with half the pumpkin mixture, then half the whipped mixture. Repeat all layers, using the remaining Oreo's.

Scatter toasted pecans or sliced almonds over top, and spoon or pipe whipped topping or whipped cream on top of trifle. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. Serve cold, in dessert cups or bowls.

To Toast Pecans:
Spread pecans on baking sheet; bake at 350° F (180° C) for 8-10 minutes just until cut edges are tinged with brown.

Tip:
If desired, 1 3/4 to 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice may be substituted for the ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground cloves, and the ground nutmeg in this recipe.

I havent tried it yet, but my sis is a master baker/chef by trade and if she says its good...I'm gonna believe her!:D

Sounds yummy!

Wow, this sounds amazing! I love pumpkin flavored desserts and this trifle seems like the perfect Thanksgiving treat. I'm definitely going to have to give this recipe a try. Thanks for sharing it with us! It's always fun to have some friendly competition with siblings, especially when it leads to delicious recipes being shared. :)

1. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle ahead of time. In fact, it is best to let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.

2. Can I use regular pudding instead of Jello Pumpkin Spice Pudding?

Yes, you can use regular pudding instead of Jello Pumpkin Spice Pudding. However, the pumpkin spice flavor will not be as prominent. You may want to add some pumpkin pie spice to the regular pudding to enhance the flavor.

3. Can I use fresh whipped cream instead of Cool Whip?

Yes, you can use fresh whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. Just be sure to stabilize the whipped cream with some powdered sugar to prevent it from deflating.

4. Can I make this trifle in a different type of dish?

Yes, you can make this trifle in a different type of dish. A trifle bowl is recommended for presentation purposes, but you can also use a large glass bowl or individual serving glasses.

5. Can I substitute the pound cake for another type of cake?

Yes, you can substitute the pound cake for another type of cake. Vanilla or spice cake would work well in this trifle. Just be sure to cut the cake into cubes or small pieces to create layers in the trifle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Michelle817
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • pchockeymom