• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seedless Cucumber in Asian Crab Salad Crisps

In summary, the Asian Crab Salad Crisps are made with seedless cucumber, which is thinly sliced for a crisp and refreshing texture. The cucumber is peeled to ensure a smooth consistency and can be substituted with a regular cucumber, although the seedless variety is recommended. To prevent the cucumber from making the salad too watery, it is recommended to salt and pat dry the sliced cucumber before adding it to the dish.
kam
Staff member
I have a question regarding the seedless cucumber in the ingredient list for Asian Salad Crisps.

I see that the English hothouse cucumbers that my store had is what I needed to buy. But it was $2.49. That seemed a little pricey for just needing 4" of the cucumber.

So I am planning on usung some home-grown cucumbers - some have very few/small seeds.

Does the true seedless cucumber (english hothouse) actually taste different from a regular cucumber? I am hoping that I will be OK using part of a regular cucumber...

I don't think there's going to be much of a difference in taste. If it calls for seedless, you can just use your Core & More and take the seeds out.

Alot of the time our local stores don't carry the seedless kind so I just take the regular and remove the seeds!

OK, Great! I just wasn't sure if there was a difference in taste. I had never bought the seedless ones - and at $2.49 each, I know why!

The cucumber I cut up this morning to use had very very small almost non-existent seeds. So I will probably be OK!

Thanks!

The regular ones at the grocery store tend to be waxed, whereas the English ones aren't. So if you use the regular, peel it in addition to taking out the seeds.

chefann said:
The regular ones at the grocery store tend to be waxed, whereas the English ones aren't. So if you use the regular, peel it in addition to taking out the seeds.

Haha! I peeled it without even thinking and now I see the recipe doesn't call for the cucumber to be peeled! Good thing I did, though.

But, I will mention this at our cluster meeting as we review each recipe and provide tips.

1. What is the main ingredient in the Asian Crab Salad Crisps?

The main ingredient in our Asian Crab Salad Crisps is seedless cucumber. The crisp and refreshing texture of the cucumber pairs perfectly with the savory crab and Asian-inspired dressing.

2. Are the cucumbers in the salad sliced or diced?

The seedless cucumber in our Asian Crab Salad Crisps is thinly sliced for a delicate and crunchy texture. This allows the flavor of the cucumber to shine through without overpowering the other ingredients.

3. Are the cucumbers in the salad peeled?

Yes, the seedless cucumbers in our Asian Crab Salad Crisps are peeled to ensure a smooth and consistent texture throughout the dish. The skin can be tough and bitter, so we recommend removing it before slicing or dicing.

4. Can the seedless cucumber be substituted with a regular cucumber?

While you can use a regular cucumber in this recipe, we highly recommend using a seedless cucumber for the best results. Regular cucumbers have larger seeds and a thicker skin, which can affect the texture and taste of the dish.

5. How do you prevent the cucumber from making the salad too watery?

To prevent the cucumber from making the salad too watery, we recommend salting the sliced cucumbers and letting them sit for a few minutes to draw out excess moisture. Then, pat them dry with a paper towel before adding them to the salad. This will help maintain the crispness and balance of flavors in the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• foodygirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views