1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Seedless cucumber in Asian Crab Salad Crisps

1. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I have a question regarding the seedless cucumber in the ingredient list for Asian Salad Crisps.

I see that the English hothouse cucumbers that my store had is what I needed to buy. But it was $2.49. That seemed a little pricey for just needing 4" of the cucumber.

So I am planning on usung some home-grown cucumbers - some have very few/small seeds.

Does the true seedless cucumber (english hothouse) actually taste different from a regular cucumber? I am hoping that I will be OK using part of a regular cucumber...

Aug 10, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I don't think there's going to be much of a difference in taste. If it calls for seedless, you can just use your Core & More and take the seeds out.

Aug 10, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Alot of the time our local stores don't carry the seedless kind so I just take the regular and remove the seeds!

Aug 10, 2009
  4. kam

OK, Great! I just wasn't sure if there was a difference in taste. I had never bought the seedless ones - and at $2.49 each, I know why!

The cucumber I cut up this morning to use had very very small almost non-existent seeds. So I will probably be OK!

Thanks!

Aug 10, 2009
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The regular ones at the grocery store tend to be waxed, whereas the English ones aren't. So if you use the regular, peel it in addition to taking out the seeds.

Aug 10, 2009
  6. kam

Haha! I peeled it without even thinking and now I see the recipe doesn't call for the cucumber to be peeled! Good thing I did, though.

But, I will mention this at our cluster meeting as we review each recipe and provide tips.

Aug 10, 2009
Have something to add?