• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipe for Sweets That Will Keep 36 Hrs

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is hosting a multi-vendor open house at their house on Saturday morning, but they unexpectedly have to have outpatient surgery on Friday morning. They are looking for an easy recipe to make tonight and serve at the open house, as their other vendors are also bringing food. Suggestions for recipes include Brownie Truffle Cups, Tuxedo Brownie Bites, Harvest Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Gems, Pumpkin Muffins, Tuxedo Brownies, Cranberry Crunch Almond Bark, and Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark. The host also mentions using a chipotle dip and picking up a veggie platter from Sam's. The conversation ends with someone suggesting to display the Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark
dwyerkim
Hi--I am doing a multi vendor open house at my house on Saturday morning, and unexpectedly I have to have out patient surgery Friday morning. I should be fine and up and about later in the day on Friday, but just in case the recovery is more than it is made out to be, I think I need to do my baking tonight. Can anyone suggest an EASY recipe, preferably one that makes lots, that I can make tonight and serve Sat. am? My other vendors are all bringing something (cookies, bars, etc), and I'll also have coffee and punch. I had already planned for this event to be simple in the food department, which is good, because this has really caught me off guard but I would like to still go through with it. Thanks for any ideas!

The Brownie Truffle cups or Tuxedo Brownie Bites - both make alot, and keep well in the refrigerator!

Oh - or the Harvest Pumpkin Bread from the Homemade For Christmas show......I haven't tried it yet - but JAE says it's great, and Quick Breads are always better after they sit for a day or so!

What about the Pumpkin Gems recipe someone sent in. I know it isn't chocolate, but the frosting makes it sweet. It also makes 100 mini cupcakes. PUMPKIN GEMS1 yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp. Baking soda
2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 can (20 ounces) solid pumpkinPreheat oven to 350...Blend together all ingredients. Spritz each Mini Muffin well and fill 2/3 full. Bake for 15 min. Cool then frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. CREAM CHEESE FROSTING (OR JUST USE READY MADE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING)1 pkg. (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1 TBSP milk
2 cups powdered sugarCream together butter and cream cheese. Beat in vanilla and milk. Add sugar.
Makes about 100 mini cupcakes

I just had my open house last weekend and made these in advance...tuxedo brownies and cranberry crunch almond bark. I also made up some of our chipotle dip and then picked up a veggie platter from Sam's. Hope your surgery goes well and that you have a great open house.

The easy pumpkin muffins that are on here:

1 can pumpkin (15 or 16oz.)
1 spice cake mix

use small scoop and place in mini muffin pan

bake at 350 for approx 10 min.

one batch makes 48.

I added mini chocolate chips and got great reviews from coworkers!

ChefBeckyD said:
The Brownie Truffle cups or Tuxedo Brownie Bites - both make alot, and keep well in the refrigerator!
This was my original plan but I thought the cups would get mushy--I know I could make the filling separately but I didn't want to wind up with too much to do that morning if I have to fill them at that point.

The pumpkin bread/cupcakes are a great idea, as I'm fairly certain it will be different from what other folks bring, and it is nice for the fall. I may do the cupcakes. Would you just frost them and keep them covered with foil or something, or refrigerate them?

The Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark should keep for days. There is nothing in it that has to be refrigerated. Almonds, Rice Crispies, Dried Cranberries and Almond Bark. A little piece goes a long way and it's pretty.

JAE said:
The Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark should keep for days. There is nothing in it that has to be refrigerated. Almonds, Rice Crispies, Dried Cranberries and Almond Bark. A little piece goes a long way and it's pretty.

I'm making that today for the fundraiser I am doing on Sat.:thumbup:

I did it at the show Monday night, and I'm doing tonight and next Tuesday. It's fast and easy and impressive. I have a batch wrapped up in cellophane on the small square plate with cranberry accent and green and white ribbon tied around it. It's been in there since November 1. Staying in there until my last December show. Everyone was very impressed with how pretty it is, but no one bought the plates. Someone did buy a set of the four cranberry app. plates. She really liked that display, so maybe that's why she purchased the little plates. I'm going to suggest that tonight and the rest of my shows.

JAE said:
I did it at the show Monday night, and I'm doing tonight and next Tuesday. It's fast and easy and impressive. I have a batch wrapped up in cellophane on the small square plate with cranberry accent and green and white ribbon tied around it. It's been in there since November 1. Staying in there until my last December show. Everyone was very impressed with how pretty it is, but no one bought the plates. Someone did buy a set of the four cranberry app. plates. She really liked that display, so maybe that's why she purchased the little plates. I'm going to suggest that tonight and the rest of my shows.

where do you get your cellophane? I am running out later to get some - but I'm not sure the best place to get it......

They have it at dollar stores sometimes. Otherwise: Michael's, Target, Wally World...

I didn't know you could buy bags, which I read on here. There are different sizes, I guess. I bought a roll at Meijer by the gift wrapping things by the greeting cards.

Hi Ann! How are you today?

Hey, Jill! I'm good - not wanting to be at work, but that's par for the course. :)
I'm excited today because I finally had enough POR points to get something good. :D Submitted the order this morning - 12" SS skillet.That cranberry bark is fantastic! We made it at our meeting Tuesday, and someone suggested using dried cherries in place of the cranberries. I also think that dried blueberries would be really good, or apricots (some places carry dried diced apricots).

Thanks for all the ideas... I bought ingredients for both the pumpkin muffin recipe and pumpkin gem recipe... I may morph the two. Again, do you think I should frost them tonight and then cover them or bake them tonight and wait and frost them Sat. am?

What are some sweet recipes that can last for 36 hours?

Some sweet recipes that can last for 36 hours include chocolate chip cookies, brownies, fudge, biscotti, and fruit tarts.

Do you have any recipes for sweets that can be made ahead of time?

Yes, there are many sweets that can be made ahead of time and still taste delicious after 36 hours. Some options include pound cake, cheesecake, bread pudding, and chocolate truffles.

Can you provide a recipe for a sweet that can be easily transported for a party or event?

Absolutely! A great option for a portable sweet that will last for 36 hours is lemon bars. They are easy to make and can be safely transported in an airtight container.

Are there any no-bake sweet recipes that can last for 36 hours?

Yes, there are plenty of no-bake sweet recipes that can last for 36 hours. Some ideas include rice krispie treats, energy bites, chocolate dipped pretzels, and peanut butter balls.

Do you have any suggestions for sweets that can be made in large batches and stored for 36 hours?

Yes, there are several sweets that can be made in large batches and stored for 36 hours. These include oatmeal cookies, muffins, scones, and granola bars.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crysboo
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Aunticooks
  • Dotty