• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Recipe ~ Make Ahead Recipe? Dcb?

Nothing like heartburn when you're 5 days old!:eek:When I prepare this Chicken lasagna I use one can of the mild green sauce and one can of the red. It really cuts the heat, also cut down the cilantro. It's a great recipe for dinner and is very filling.My director just shared with me that she added a layer of spanish rice and refried beans to "beef it up" her family loved it. I think I'm gonna try the rice added next. DH doesn't need any Refried Beans. lol
BlessedWifeMommy
I need a recipe that I can make ahead (preferably in the Deep Covered Baker). I'm taking dinner to a friend on Friday who just had a baby and I want to take her a dinner ready to go into the microwave when they want it. I'm hoping to showcase the DCB :love:

Definitely the Mexican Chicken lasagna from the new season's best! It rocks and can be made in advance.

I second that. I made it in advance for a show that was held after church one sunday and it was great!!

I third that!!!

What about the 30 minute chicken, you could do some veggies on the large bar pan as well. I would think that would be a nice meal as well and very generic so in case she doesn't like mexican. :)

I second the 30 minute chicken because you can remove it easily at her home and
take your DCB back with you. She will have plenty of meat leftover for lunch the
next day, or a second meal. You could prepare Stove Top to go with it, and/or some
roast potatoes and carrots, in the juice.

Thanks for all the ideas! I'm thinking the chicken sounds good.

teachernikol said:
Definitely the Mexican Chicken lasagna from the new season's best! It rocks and can be made in advance.

Is there any changes that you make if you want to do it in the DCB?

I'd go with the 30 Minute Chicken too.

The Lasagna might be a little spicy ~ especially if she is nursing a newborn.

ChefBeckyD said:
I'd go with the 30 Minute Chicken too.

The Lasagna might be a little spicy ~ especially if she is nursing a newborn.

YIKES!!! Could you Imagine!! :eek:
Poor little baby.....;)

Ginger428 said:
YIKES!!! Could you Imagine!! :eek:
Poor little baby.....;)

Nothing like heartburn when you're 5 days old!:eek:

When I prepare this Chicken lasagna I use one can of the mild green sauce and one can of the red. It really cuts the heat, also cut down the cilantro. It's a great recipe for dinner and is very filling.

My director just shared with me that she added a layer of spanish rice and refried beans to "beef it up" her family loved it. I think I'm gonna try the rice added next. DH doesn't need any Refried Beans. lol

What is a make ahead recipe?

A make ahead recipe is a dish that can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to be cooked and served.

What is a DCB?

A DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a type of stoneware baking dish that is known for its versatility and ability to cook food evenly and retain moisture.

Can I use a DCB for make ahead recipes?

Yes, a DCB is a great tool for make ahead recipes as it can easily go from refrigerator to oven without the need to transfer the food to another dish.

What are some examples of make ahead recipes that can be made in a DCB?

Some popular make ahead recipes that can be made in a DCB include casseroles, soups, stews, and roasts.

How long can a make ahead recipe be stored in a DCB before cooking?

The length of time a make ahead recipe can be stored in a DCB before cooking will vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. It is generally recommended to cook the dish within 24-48 hours of preparing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 3girls
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • wadesgirl